WoH for 6-24-19: Can Meadows be topped? HoF Fever?

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
I'm still like, wow @ the Meadows 2x woh skill being a 'classic' reward last  week. There was a bit of a snafu with the whole switcharoo, but end of the day, it all worked out. He's an absolute beast! Anyways, where do they go from here? It's going to be tough to top, but here's hoping for a righty with a 2x vs lhp skill! 
Speaking of skills, Soto was probably a dud of a reward for those that enjoy HoF. He's super nice for CvC, but it feels like that's still a considerable minority who enjoy that skill set. I've position myself to make a run at HoF so I'm hoping that we get a dandy woh player. 
In terms of position, I badly need a 1b so here's hoping. How about you guys? What/who are you looking for? GL guys!
If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev13

Comments

• ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    Hoping for a better SS. I am pretty set everywhere else. HOF is my main objective to beat. unless the reward is junk.
    Need more Living Legends!
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I'm ALWAYS looking for Trout 😂 besides that, I'm just looking forward to the XP and cash 😁
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited June 2019
    @retirepujols I actually heard from a friend who heard from a friend that Trout will be the reward. I sure hope not though. They seem to always give him the 'vs rhp' skill.

Edit: fwiw, I don't put any stock into it.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Would be nice if there was even just a teensy nugget of PXP in the classic walkoff tower today.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I’d take a 390 Scherzer for hof and then a stats leader box
  • MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Would be nice if there was even just a teensy nugget of PXP in the classic walkoff tower today.
    I got Judge over the weekend and I cannot do anything with him. Harumph.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Be careful what you wish for. I'd die laughing if GLU trolled us with like 100 pxp per cycle. lol On a semi-serious note, I doubt we'll see pxp in classic anytime soon. I feel like Meadows was yet another sign that they're pushing us towards HoF.
    MacGruber said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I got Judge over the weekend and I cannot do anything with him. Harumph.
    I made the mistake of taking judge and Stanton to g10, and then drunk me decided to go to platinum with very little resources 🥴
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    DFBB said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Be careful what you wish for. I'd die laughing if GLU trolled us with like 100 pxp per cycle. lol On a semi-serious note, I doubt we'll see pxp in classic anytime soon. I feel like Meadows was yet another sign that they're pushing us towards HoF.
    A guaranteed player reward will be removed from Classic as soon as I'm able to cycle it. That's a promise. 
    I wouldn't be surprised if the pxp was increased for HoF. 
  • mancov2001mancov2001 Registered Users, Member 62 Posts
    Prime Correa!
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Meh
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Shoot. All that gold and effort into getting Sanchez this past weekend...
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Haven't kept up but have pitchers stayed the same in classic? If so does anyone have the last 4 in level 5?
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Wolters looks nice. Good max, decent skills. Just hard for me to get too excited about the player himself who is a career .243/.333/.339 hitter.
  • MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Haven't kept up but have pitchers stayed the same in classic? If so does anyone have the last 4 in level 5?
    Same Guys LRLR not sure on names. 7 Miley (slower down 2), 8 Fast Guy 9 Manea 10 Another fast R

MacGruber said:
    Houmy said:
    Same Guys LRLR not sure on names. 7 Miley (slower down 2), 8 Fast Guy 9 Manea 10 Another fast R

Thank you buddy.

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Where’s the Bregman. I need an upgrade at 3B.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Lvl 4 cash suck mode, engage!
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    hall of fame is poo im 0-3 on 1.10 with my legend capped at gold with platoon advantage AND rhp skill at 10/20
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    As good as the rewards are, I might take the day off.  Correa with double-CVC is cool, but Prime Segura and Prime Ohtani already have SS and DH filled, and it probably isn't worth the pxp for me, since I need to save up for the move to gold. 

Wolters with double-RISP is cool, but I have Evil Empire Sanchez, and "Speedy" Sanchez already, so it's not much of an improvement.

Even the box is not that appealing, since the primes are the only players that are more than just club points for me.

Oh well, can't win 'em all, I guess.
    edited June 2019
    I didn't have a video boost available at 4.10 and hadn't used one at all yet. Weird. Like it wasn't that the video wouldn't play; it just didn't display the button to click on at all.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    When did Lester ever get this hard..... 0-4 so far with 80 boost.
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    2 for 2 with video boosts crashing the app so far.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    @woohoo77 Happened to me on level 3
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    As good as the rewards are, I might take the day off.  Correa with double-CVC is cool, but Prime Segura and Prime Ohtani already have SS and DH filled, and it probably isn't worth the pxp for me, since I need to save up for the move to gold. 

Wolters with double-RISP is cool, but I have Evil Empire Sanchez, and "Speedy" Sanchez already, so it's not much of an improvement.

Even the box is not that appealing, since the primes are the only players that are more than just club points for me.

Oh well, can't win 'em all, I guess.

I am in a similar boat; already have Prime Segura so won't level another prime SS, and my two-skill Molina is not that much worse than Wolters.  But I raced through Classic with just 80 gold on boosts, so I saw him as worth it.  Can't have too many lefties with the way WOH loves to throw RHP at us.   
    Classic was rather easy although time consuming due to playing manually for most of it. Just one video restart on level 3. Min PXP from the box.

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I didn't have a video boost available at 4.10 and hadn't used one at all yet. Weird. Like it wasn't that the video wouldn't play; it just didn't display the button to click on at all.
    Ive seen at time where MadBum only gets to throw a single pitch cause homer and vid boost was used for the round. Its like a 10 second timeout to where it wont be available. Def see it when autoplaying.