Ray's/Twins?

Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
Anyone think there is any chance they recycle old box players again for this event?  I am trying to restock bxp and pxp for the move up, and not having the temptation to chase a new player would be awesome.

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    None. And that's being conservative. 

PS: I'm almost always wrong. :)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited June 2019
    I have like three players in my inactives.......took everyone to trading table to raise funds....
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    @bigvivec I have 4, 3 keepers and a decent lefty I sub in for woh 😅
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited June 2019
    bigvivec said:
    I have like three players in my inactives.......took everyone to trading table to raise funds....
    I will most likely be doing the exact same after POTMs drop on Monday.  I am trying to save bxp, so I don't have to dump a ton of guys, but I have no willpower.  If I get a shiny new toy, I have to play with it...

Edit: @DFBB, I agree.  Just wishful thinking, I guess...
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    They always seem to feature old bonus players the very next week after I trade them in. It's uncanny.
    I only held on to Odorizzi and prime Polanco. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited June 2019
    They go in order. Next will be Beast boxes or Cubs to be reused. 

Edit: checked screencaps. Beast, Cards then Cubs based on when I pulled players from those boxes. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited June 2019
    The old Rippin Rays guys have been random bonus a few times now it seems like. I keep trading them in thinking "they can't possibly be bonus again" LOL.
    @JEDDDOGGY I think pitchers were. I know Lowe hasn’t been only because I have him. Been waiting. 
    Lowe was CVC bonus and event bonus yesterday.
    edited June 2019
    I know. He wasn't previously though.
    True.  They threw that twins box out randomly yesterday, though.  I am sitting on 51 inactives right now.  Just hoping I can get a little value out of them before they turn into pumpkins (bxp).
    edited June 2019
    It was because they essentially played 2 games (18 inning viewing gift). Threw us a "bone".
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts

Edit: checked screencaps. Beast, Cards then Cubs based on when I pulled players from those boxes. 

@dustyhunks Have they been reusing weekend guys too or just those Monday boxes? I only seem to recall the weekday boxes being reused. I want to trade in some weekend guys but can't remember if they're getting reused or not. I am thinking no.
    Does anyone remember when that twins box first came out?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    @retirepujols not certain but I think it was late May/first week in June.
    Had to be sometime around early or mid-may.  I got Buxton, and he was my woh closer for at least 2 or 3 events before I got my primes (Segura, Ohtanisan, Bell).
    Thanks, @LudwigMonster. It feels like it's been much longer for some reason, I pulled Byron Buxton the first go around and he's still my top right handed hitter. Maybe he was from a different box 🤔 I wish that was a part of their stats- the date that player joined your team. 
    Buxton was in that same box, for sure.  One of my clubmates got him with the gifted box yesterday.
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    🤔 I wish that was a part of their stats- the date that player joined your team. 
    It doesn't show the exact date but I like to look at how many at bats some players have compared to others.  This lead me to the belief that POM players at the beginning of the month are actually great buys even at higher levels.  I have a POM who have more at bats than any of my other players beside MyLegend and Keepers.  Numbers can be skewed if you currently are moving up levels but I've stayed the same for the past month.
    @Tdub71 see, I've got a few primes that would be better than ole Bux, but I leveled too many primes to g10 and drunkenly said "🤬 it I'm going to platinum" right after. So now those primes are plat 1-3 and Buxton and other BXP players at plat 10 are far better. I'm on the verge of just dumping my primes and holding out until I'm diamond and have enough pxp to cap a new prime in diamond 🤔
    Ah.  Gotcha.  Buxton is probably still my 2nd or 3rd rhb.  He still starts over double-woh Meadows in all other formats because he has the risp skill.
    I haven't seen too many guys like that recently, the ones that you pull and stay dominant on your team for well over a month or two. There's been a lot of one-weekers from all of these boxes, but a lot of the woh guys are solid. I kind of like it that way, put in some work for good guys for free rather than paying gold for them.
    JEDDDOGGY said:

@dustyhunks Have they been reusing weekend guys too or just those Monday boxes? I only seem to recall the weekday boxes being reused. I want to trade in some weekend guys but can't remember if they're getting reused or not. I am thinking no.
    I think you are correct. PoTM's came out after Cubs box so focus shifted there from temp boxes anyway. Screencap data is spotty at best. This is also around time vid gold got weird so I probably stopped spending so loosely on boxes.
    @midgetmullet yeah, I'm slowly realizing that players of the month aren't a bad investment at all. Players of the week, on the other hand,need  not apply to my team 😂
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    This guy will stay relevant for quite a while on my team. He was 1-1 against Sale Wednesday and it wasn’t even close even being lefty in lefty
    edited June 2019
    @2003cobra I wanted Tommy La Stella and Simba so bad! I walked away with millions of dodgers and Brian Goodwin. I wish I could physically punch that freeway series box 😭
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    He is  a woh beast