I’m sure I can get a better answer on here!!!

newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
Here is my conversation to CS about an issue with connecting to game on a different wifi then I use daily.  So can y’all read my issue (as you will see , cs clearly did not). And at the end of cs embarrassing reply’s please give any knowledge you have about this issue. 

Comments

• newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts

Thats the loading screen, so you can actually see the message at the bottom.    So what is that about anonymous proxy?   
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited June 2019
    I would probably close that ticket, and then reopen it and hope for another agent to help you. An anonymous proxy would be using a VPN to hide your IP address, something they don't want people doing because it could help them cheat. It's weird that you're having that issue by simply using a different Wi-Fi connection, I use different connections all the time. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Haha. He didn’t end it so I can’t. That’s the 3rd agent in 24 hours in same ticket about 2 different issues.  None of them ended the conversation 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Hey @newfy. They probably have a blacklist of proxies they don't allow connections from for various reasons. Which honestly is ironic given all the VPN app ads I've been seeing lately. Given that you can connect over cellular connection is it possible your brothers ISP might be filtering certain traffic? Or if it's a shared residence (multi-tennant building) that provides internet as a utility there is a good chance they have some sort of control over the content even if they don't actively manipulate what is allowed or not. Maybe there's a rule that inadvertently catches Glu related domains.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited June 2019
    I'd confirm that there isn't a firewall active on your brother's wifi. Some networks(mainly businesses) also block connection to game servers.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Deleted. ⬆️ What they said 😝
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Thanks guys.  So this was way better results👍 Glu should pay us as cs reps since most of what the got are just 💩.    So I guess I’ll have to talk to the brother about it next time I’m there,   But how ?, without saying it’s ruining my game 🤔.  Lol. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    newfy said:
    Thanks guys.  So this was way better results👍 Glu should pay us as cs reps since most of what the got are just 💩.    So I guess I’ll have to talk to the brother about it next time I’m there,   But how ?, without saying it’s ruining my game 🤔.  Lol. 
    Just don’t visit your brother anymore. Problem solved. 
  • TheHolyGhostTheHolyGhost Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    I had our tech guy at my office alter the firewall just so I can play. I explained it was for a certain software that I used for work...not admitting it was for TSB obviously. But prior to that, it would do the exact same thing as you’re describing 
    That’s dedication, man!  I’m glad your IT guy didn’t ask too many questions.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    newfy said:
    Glu should pay us as cs reps since most of what the got are just 💩.
    Our greatest value is we work for the hosting and maintenance cost of this forum. That's more than made up when people like yourself post an issue and other people use their experience to help. Now, people like me will know what to do if I run into this issue in the future. 

It's the circle of Glu. 
  • ChiiChii Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    I would probably close that ticket, and then reopen it and hope for another agent to help you. An anonymous proxy would be using a VPN to hide your IP address, something they don't want people doing because it could help them cheat. It's weird that you're having that issue by simply using a different Wi-Fi connection, I use different connections all the time. 
    I can never connect at 6 Flags. 
  • ChiiChii Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    I had our tech guy at my office alter the firewall just so I can play. I explained it was for a certain software that I used for work...not admitting it was for TSB obviously. But prior to that, it would do the exact same thing as you’re describing 
    Same at hospitals.