Franchise coins

2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
I know this is a laughing matter on the forum but I’ve been doing a little test with franchise coins. Throughout the season I’ve been using them as I go along. Not 100% of the time but when I think about it. My thought was that if it looks like I’m using them and need then I won’t win them as much. Case in point today I played over 350 bonus games today without earning a single coin. Call me crazy but I like the results from today. We will see what Thursday holds in store for me. 

Comments

• LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Is there anything worse than getting a franchise coin as a reward? No.... no, there is not. 

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I am just waiting for the "new uses for franchise coins and energy drinks" promised in the June vip newsletter.

My guess:. You can trade in franchise coins for... energy drinks!  Maybe we will also be able to trade in energy drinks for...late round picks!

Always a crowd-pleaser.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Is there anything worse than getting a franchise coin as a reward? No.... no, there is not. 

Yes, 2 franchise coins in a row 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    🙋‍♂️ 7 in a row today. Followed by 3 boxes of ice packs. Didn’t ruin my day, because I’m still saving up my coins for the new update
    I opened 110 tournament boxes. Cringed every time I saw that stupid coin 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    On another note, why aren't there ever any franchise pitchers? I'd use franchise coins on a sweet 400 overall pitcher for the playoffs 😉
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    You know I never thought about that, that’s actually a good idea @retirepujols
  • BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    Might just be me but... usually I get a lot of franchise coins in tourney box’s, today I played 3o tournaments and received 23 bonus game variations. It’s usually less then 50%. I’ve opened 20 before and only received 3 bonus games prizes. Could be a sign that the franchise coins may be worth something useful. Could also be wishful thinking.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    I know everyone finds it irritating that your franchise player gets stuck on your team and you can't trade them out.  If I were to pay the 1,000 gold to open up a second franchise slot, would that player get stuck as well (i.e. two permanent primes)?  I'm a strong gold player looking to jump to platinum soon and if I could stack my team with a few franchise players, I may be able to make the jump sooner rather than later.  Would this help me crush in the bonus games and season mode?  Thoughts?
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    @SandlotGuru I had franchise players get stuck before, but I just used a franchise player after reading this post and he was promptly removed after the 5 games. I also remember my stuck franchise player would play in like every 3rd or 4th game, something like that, but he wasn't playing every single game; so I'm not sure it would be a reliable strategy. If you need help in the playoffs or something along those lines, I'm sure a franchise player could be of use. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71