The Identity

BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
edited July 2019 in General TSB Discussion
Recently, you may have noticed that Glu tried out a bot to help push the stickers on to the masses, even forcing @CanadaCubs to buy one once he gets unbanned. The bot was initially helpful, became a straight up liar, then became fiesty, and then was finally terminated by a moderator (I actually didn't think we had a moderator.)

The bot was me. To those of you who wished the bot had never revealed itself, sorry. And, yes, I'm absolutely putting my neck out there. I imagine that I will get banned in a matter of time, but I don't really care. I have a bunch more email addresses.

To those of you who I may have offended (@dfbb, @CanadaCubs, and others), sorry. I only wanted to make everyone laugh, and I think I did so. To those of you who are reading that thing for advice, don't! I made alot of stuff up in there, namely the franchise coins. 

To the Glu moderator:  The hell you talking about that was the funniest shit ever I racked up 100 lols in four hours.

I truly hope we can all just look at that thread for weeks and months to come, whenever we need a good laugh. It was all done with no malice or meaning to mislead. Thanks for making me the best thread ever. Here's one last cheer to your second favorite bot (@dfbb is still the favorite). 

🍺🍺🍺
Prev1

Comments

• BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Here is the proof that I am the bot.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    @DFBB you were right 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    I love you @BlackFang4
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    @retirepujols About what? 
    🤐
    🤐
    Oh did @dfbb figure it out? Well done, if so.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Lol I won’t lie the first page I was like wow we got someone helping us out on the new update, 2nd page I was like wow glu is really stepping it up with this bot/ wait a minute damnit Houmy!, then I thought it was bigpred...lol
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    🤐
    I suspected a few people, but after a couple of pages, I had it narrowed down to you. :)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    I think pred would have been a little more.. polite 😂
  • BIGBOBBY92BIGBOBBY92 Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    Case dismissed then, kinda sad the mystery is over though.
    https://discord.gg/E2zHYq Tap Sports Baseball Discord I help run
  • bigvivecs_botbigvivecs_bot Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    My money was on BPF.
    There weren’t enough disagrees 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    @BlackFang4 nice job, but the best just might be what you said above, “(I actually didn't think we had a moderator.)” it sure does seem that way, just my observation.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Yep. I actually don’t curse. I can count the exact amount of times. 

1.  I was 8 and used a word I heard on Home Alone before I knew it was a curse word. Grandmother did not approve. 
    2.  I was 11 and one slipped (I blame Beavis and Butthead for this slip), only caught by sister
    3.  I was 21 and working in a warehouse and one slipped. This was in 2004. Mumbled very low in casual conversation. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

1.  I was 8 and used a word I heard on Home Alone before I knew it was a curse word. Grandmother did not approve. 
    2.  I was 11 and one slipped (I blame Beavis and Butthead for this slip), only caught by sister
    3.  I was 21 and working in a warehouse and one slipped. This was in 2004. Mumbled very low in casual conversation. 
    @big@Bigpredfan, from now on, if someone calls me a square, I will show them a screenshot of your post. :)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    edited July 2019
    DFBB said:

@big@Bigpredfan, from now on, if someone calls me a square, I will show them a screenshot of your post. :)
    My feeling is this. I know some people who don’t like to hear cursing. It offends them. I don’t need to offend people unless they really need to be offended. I can communicate efficiently without cursing and don’t have to change any language in front of people. Being a teacher I’ve seen teachers slip up in front of children and that’s just the kind of thing I don’t have to worry about. 

Also: https://youtu.be/LB5YkmjalDg
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    @Bigpredfan You not cursing while playing this game might be the greatest human accomplishment since the moon landing.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    rmouse511 said:
    @Bigpredfan You not cursing while playing this game might be the greatest human accomplishment since the moon landing.
    No doubt. I don't even have to be playing to curse out this game. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @BlackFang4 thanks for the laughs buddy. There goes all the forum fun too now.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

@Bigpredfan, that video link directly caused me to curse
    Try this one https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ
    @Bigpredfan, that video link directly caused me to curse
    Try this one https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ
    Dear god! No!!!
    Just one click/touch is all it takes 
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    Not that anyone will care about my opinion, but this is a pet-peeve topic for me.  I was raised Catholic (dad was head of the Eucharistic Ministry) and both of my parents can’t stand curse words, especially used in a vulgar manner.  I never heard them curse growing up, but still managed to fall in love with curse words.

Outside of using curse words, most people I’ve met would consider me to be a very good person with solid morals, integrity, etc.  As I got older, I really thought about the stupidity of society for making curse words so frowned upon.  I mean, they are just words and are only bad because society tells us they are.  IMO words are only bad if they are derogatory/hurtful and directed at someone, which is a way I never use words. I would rather be around people that use curse words regularly and are actually good people, than people who don’t swear, but are actually complete POS behind closed doors (cheating on spouse, falsifying taxes, molesting/abusing children or spouse, etc).  Also, that because society makes curse words so taboo, it makes curse words that much more intriguing to children and especially teens.

I have 2 kids, 12 year-old girl and 10 year-old boy, who had heard every curse word there is by the time they were 5, of course because of me.  Around 5 is when I started explaining to them that if the worst thing they ever got in trouble for at school was cursing, then I would never have to discipline them about school behavior...essentially telling them you can swear all you want and I don’t care, as long as you aren’t being mean or derogatory toward anyone.  Fast forward to now and neither of my kids EVER use curse words.  Why?  Because I didn’t make it taboo for them, just like I already have open conversations with them about sexuality, mortality, etc.

I wanted to share all that because I find it baffling that there are so many people in this world that give me “death looks” because I like to swear, yet many of those same people will expose their kids to actual bad things (racism, bigotry, classism/elitism, etc.), which will continue creating the types of POS that are slowly killing the intelligence of our societies around the world, especially in the United States.

Sorry for the rant, like I said, pet-peeve topic 😂

I agree generally, @More2Most2First and I think the moral outrage people will have over some things is funny. I do think it's fair to teach from a place of dignity when it comes to children, though. It's not just about swearing, it's about instilling discipline. Swearing or not, you can't just say whatever you want whenever you want to. Because of the stigma of profanity, and the allure young people will have for it because it's something emotive that draws a reaction from pretty much anyone, they're going to learn there is power behind those words, regardless of whether it's contextually a big deal or not. Learning it isn't appropriate to tell people you don't know to **** off isn't a bad thing. But putting profanity at a higher level of social ridicule over racism, sexism or classism probably isn't the best direction we could go.

In the interest of full disclosure...I was carrying my kid who was 2 at the time in my right arm, groceries in my left. Got to the car, and put the groceries down in the snow to get the keys out of my left pocket. Then realized they were in my right pocket. I said aloud, "SON of a..." stopping before the naughty word. Kid looked at me, huge smile, and yelled out "BIIITTCCHHHH!!!!!!" I swear plenty. The fact my kid picked up on that entire phrase well enough to complete my sentence isn't dooming me to hell, nor is it ensuring she'll be seen as too crass to get into college down the line. But probably not something I should be teaching through my actions. 
    edited July 2019
    DFBB said:
    from now on, if someone calls me a square, I will show them a screenshot of your post. :)

• More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    edited July 2019
    @Cooz19  You’re right, my preference between my kids using swear words or not, would be for them to not.  I suppose I was more focused on the idea that there are many people out there that automatically think I’m a bad person because I use curse words regularly, when I’m actually very kind-hearted, generous, etc.  Also, it definitely is all about context when choosing words.  I do try to avoid using swear words in situations that would be bad taste to use them...but I’m not always successful, lol.  Lastly, when your kid finished your sentence, were you able to avoid laughing?  I know I’m similar situations I always fail 😂
    @More2Most2First
    Yeah, I definitely can't say the use of profanity is the mark of a person's moral decency. Language is learned in your environment. Some people are from places that are lax on formalities and swearing is common. If they write "**** yeah!" in the memo line of a check for $25k for a local children's hospital, is that a less generous act? 

And I couldn't help but laugh, but quickly looked around to see if anyone else heard it. Not out of embarrassment, I kind of hoped someone could share with me the awesomeness of that moment. 
    edited July 2019
    DFBB said:
    🤐
    I suspected a few people, but after a couple of pages, I had it narrowed down to you. :)
    I'm surprised you caught on. I tried to not mimic how I usually talk, but I guess a bot is good at picking out fake bots.
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    DFBB said:
    🤐
    I'm surprised you caught on. I tried to not mimic how I usually talk, but I guess a bot is good at picking out fake bots.
    you should go create another bot 
    @duckk123 Naw, the game is over. If I did it again everyone would know who it was, and I don't think it would be as funny.
    @duckk123 Naw, the game is over. If I did it again everyone would know who it was, and I don't think it would be as funny.
    This is why I'm slightly disappointed you revealed yourself so quickly, closed the door on the possibility of Glu bots arriving with updated software 😂
    @retirepujols I figure it would only be funny as long as it lasted. Had to retire it eventually.