Options

Is it really worth it spending tons of $$$$ into Player Skill Levels?

DODGERSYANKSDOADODGERSYANKSDOA Registered Users, Member 110 Posts

So I am hanging out in the Silver Tier trying to build up a great team before I move to the Gold Tier ?

I have maxed out all 15 of the Upgrade categories.

Is it good thing to now dump big cash into the all my Players skills levels?  Or maybe just the Prime players?

Appreciate all your solid advice Gents!

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    DaveMustangDaveMustang Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    First thing, too many people try to stay silver. That's good to an extent, but once u have a decent team with good players, ur just missing out on level rewards.  I'm top tier platinum, and I'm not going diamond for awhile. However, gold was easier than silver. Especially in woh.  Even platinum wasn't too bad.  U just max out ur top 3, and you're good.

The problem with waiting till u build a perfect team is that you're never gonna get there. Better players keep getting released.

My club played the entire off season. Even in March, I'd end up replacing a guy. 
  • Options
    Plus....legends will be dropping soon enough. Then ur right back at go.  
  • Options
    Sorry, I'm opinionated. Lol
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    One more thing, and I'll shut up. I meant max out ur top 3 to begin with. Then work down from the top. 
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    @DaveMustang.  Completely agree.  I am camping in gold for a while, but you are never really done upgrading the roster.  I push all useful skills to 6 (stop before 15k bxp), but that is it, except for the occasional late-inning skill.  Once you start getting into the 500 max range on players, it is probably worth going further.
  • Options
    Yeah, most my good guys are setting at 15 too.  There will come a time, but I never bankrupt my xp. Always hoping for good luck on a box!
  • Options
    To be fair, I wasn't paying attention when I went platinum. Thankfully I was able to Max out my best and bring the others decently up. Hell, I cycled the following Monday, so I didn't mind. Lol
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    The only area where I really suffered by moving up from gold was season mode. I spent a week in platinum and cycled capped on my only Monday and only got past woh 3 times yesterday due to working 2-11. My highest leveled hitter is d6 so Even  without capped hitters it wasnt hard. I’ve been spending money to get bonus games to get to d6 and really haven’t bought upgrades at the diamond level. Like others have stated there’s always new players coming out so u might never feel ready. Glad that I did it
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited July 2019

I have maxed out all 15 of the Upgrade categories.

Is it good thing to now dump big cash into the all my Players skills levels?  

So, cash is only good for the first few skill upgrades. Also, if you're thinking about jumping to gold, you'll need cash to further level those upgrades. Player skills are definitely worth putting some resources into, but as has been mentioned, players can be quickly replaced- team upgrades don't leave you 😃
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    Great answers everyone!   Thanks!
  • Options
    You're welcome man. Hopefully all that helped. 
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    @DaveMustang
    So what you're saying is when you are able to max your top 3 (hitters? Pitchers?), you should feel comfortable moving from silver to gold? 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    @DaveMustang
    So what you're saying is when you are able to max your top 3 (hitters? Pitchers?), you should feel comfortable moving from silver to gold? 
    That's pretty much all that was needed for woh, before these last few increases in difficulty at least. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Forget pitchers man. I mean boost them of course, but maxing them out can be saved for last. I'm platinum, but all my pitchers are still gold.  Makes season and bonus games a bitch, but u spend more time on prime anyways.  

If u can max ur 3 best hitters, u should be in good shape. Tho, they've been steadily making woh more difficult.  

But yeah, don't get worried going gold at all.

That's my not so humble opinion. 😁
  • Options
    Cooz19 said:
    @DaveMustang
    Tho, I don't mean u don't have to bump ur middle guys too.  U just don't have to be able to Max them out before going gold. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I went gold earlier than I'd planned, but it actually made woh easier for me to cycle. Tho with things changing week to week....
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Thanks, @DaveMustang. Can't talk. Busy watching videos after a failed dive into the latest box. Seems kind of redundant to do this over and over at silver. 

• Options
    Lol. Welcome man. I never mind adding my two cents.  😁
  • Options
    You Da man, Dave Mustang!!!!
  • Options
    You Da man, Dave Mustang!!!!
     Naw...u da man!😁