Fan Rewards

bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
A 340 max player for 10k gold... What is really wrong
First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    They want you to drop that 50k gold that's why
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    mine doesn't even go to 50k  not VIP
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    typically after you spend the first max which in this case is 10k everyone unlocks the other tiers
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited July 2019
    If I was a relatively new diamond player, I'd be ecstatic about today's fan rewards. Almora is arguably the best 10k fan reward of the year and Scwarber is easily the best 50k reward of the year. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤦🏻‍♂️☝🏻
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    DFBB said:
    If I was a relatively new diamond player, I'd be ecstatic about today's fan rewards. Almora is arguably the best 10k fan reward of the year and Scwarber is easily the best 50k reward of the year. 

The 50K tier is like $500 worth of gold.  I'm not sure anyone is ecstatic about spending $500 for Kyle Schwarber...
    edited July 2019
    Metsicans said:
    DFBB said:

The 50K tier is like $500 worth of gold.  I'm not sure anyone is ecstatic about spending $500 for Kyle Schwarber...
    Gold is really easy for diamond players to get. If he had the exact same ratings and was a righty with vs lhp skills, I'd be all over him. Again, I'm comparing today's fan rewards to the fan rewards of 2019. If you just jumped to diamond, you're going to be swimming in gold and both of today's fan rewards will really help you. I'm not sure if the same can be said about any other fan reward for 2019. In other words, this is as good as it's been all year for fan rewards. It is what it is. 

edit: Just to clarify, nobody is paying 10k and/or 50k gold for any of the fan rewards. I often see it elsewhere too, but those dudes are a bonus if you're already going to spend gold. 
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Metsicans said:
    DFBB said:

Gold is really easy for diamond players to get. If he had the exact same ratings and was a righty with vs lhp skills, I'd be all over him. Again, I'm comparing today's fan rewards to the fan rewards of 2019. If you just jumped to diamond, you're going to be swimming in gold and both of today's fan rewards will really help you. I'm not sure if the same can be said about any other fan reward for 2019. In other words, this is as good as it's been all year for fan rewards. It is what it is. 
    swimming in gold?  how is that???
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    What’s the skills on Kyle? 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    You can add the fact that the 30k fan reward is better than the 40k fan reward to Glu’s assclownery.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    You can add the fact that the 30k fan reward is better than the 40k fan reward to Glu’s assclownery.
    Definitely man. I often stop at the pxp tier. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    DFBB said:
    As a relatively new diamond player with plenty of 350 guys why would I be ecstatic about the fan rewards? I know that there are discount leveling clubs out there to help level him up but it’s still kinda pricey. Is there something else out there that I’m missing? A different method to level up players maybe? I’ll take any advice that I can get other than cycle capping during woh. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited July 2019
    2003cobra said:
    DFBB said:
    As a relatively new diamond player with plenty of 350 guys why would I be ecstatic about the fan rewards? I know that there are discount leveling clubs out there to help level him up but it’s still kinda pricey. Is there something else out there that I’m missing? A different method to level up players maybe? I’ll take any advice that I can get other than cycle capping during woh. 
    Instead of looking at his 340 overall, I look at his stats capped. At d10 he would have a 366 hit rating, and his late innings/woh skills would make him a pretty nice bxp player for woh. Let's say you just take both skills to 7, that increases his hit to 417/418.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    2003cobra said:
    DFBB said:
    If you have plenty of 350 woh bats capped in diamond, you're not the type of team I'm referring to. 
    @2003cobra If you have the gold and need a bat vs rightys, I'm not sure why you wouldn't jump on Schwarber. He's almost a clone of last week's Blackmon and many spent a crazy amount of gold chasing Blackmon. If I didn't have Votto, I'd happily chase Devers knowing that Schwarbs is a guarantee.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    swimming in gold?  how is that???
    Each tier of diamond gives you 7500 gold, and once you hit d6 you just cycle through d6 repeatedly and get that 7500 gold each time. The faster you are, the more gold you accrue. This is 1,000 bonus games/ tournament wins by the way.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    Here's my question on bonus/tourny games @ diamond lvl. If I blow through Platinum right now and still have all my players @G10, What kinda matchups would I generally face with a G10 squad once I trip into D1? Will I be matching against gold/plat/diam teams around the same 100k team strength or just getting KO'd constantly by only Diamonds?
    @Scioscia_Fan You'd face the same competition you're currently facing. At least, for awhile. I'm not sure where you're at, but matchups for bgs/tourneys are based on your total wins. 

I also want to add that if diamond guys don't want to do HoF, primes are definitely NOT necessary. 
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @Scioscia_Fan You'd face the same competition you're currently facing. At least, for awhile. I'm not sure where you're at, but matchups for bgs/tourneys are based on your total wins. 

I also want to add that if diamond guys don't want to do HoF, primes are definitely NOT necessary. 
    That's a big relief to hear. I'm currently 7900/700 W/L and don't play HoF on Mondays anyway. I usually just cycle classic 2-3 times and call it a day. 100K team with all primes (minus keeper Posey and 1 OF slot). I may just finish this season mode and go for it. I have over 1K bonus tickets saved. Does cvc amp up also? I generally wreck them now, even w/o bonus players.
    DFBB said:

That's a big relief to hear. I'm currently 7900/700 W/L and don't play HoF on Mondays anyway. I usually just cycle classic 2-3 times and call it a day. 100K team with all primes (minus keeper Posey and 1 OF slot). I may just finish this season mode and go for it. I have over 1K bonus tickets saved. Does cvc amp up also? I generally wreck them now, even w/o bonus players.

Your CvC will suffer quite a bit initially. It's not an exact science(to my knowledge), but it will get better as you cap more bats. If it were me, I'd try to hoard resources and then, get FP for the weekend that you make the jump. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    DFBB said:
    2003cobra said:
    DFBB said:
    If you have plenty of 350 woh bats capped in diamond, you're not the type of team I'm referring to. 
    I don’t have any guys capped and this would just be another guy that I would not be able to level. I am xp poor at this time and usually work 2-11 on Monday’s so woh isn’t easy to gain resources. 
    2003cobra said:
    DFBB said:
    2003cobra said:
    DFBB said:
    I don’t have any guys capped and this would just be another guy that I would not be able to level. I am xp poor at this time and usually work 2-11 on Monday’s so woh isn’t easy to gain resources. 
    Fair enough.