Walk-off from 6-17 to 7-24

BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
see any real difference?  5 weeks later and the prizes are still basically the same. I’m all for moving slower than last year, but this is stagnant. 

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited July 2019
    This is a good example of why I love that Meadows 😁 still my third best lefty, and he's been my best up until this past weekend. We need another Rockstar like him soon, hopefully on Wednesday. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    Hope it's something good and hope I can beat WoH on Wednesday.  Bought some boxes today trying for that Choo Choo, unfortunately I got another damn prime pitcher :s   He'll never be leveled up.
    Just no.  
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    To me this seems like this is their way of combating everyone going diamond this year, if primes where available in classic or higher bxp, diamond teams would have an unbelievable advantage and would be cycling hof at will...and I’m sure there are plenty of diamond teams that can and do but they have payed for that pleasure with cash or an insane amount of hours into the game. Right now the only advantage to being gold or lower is c vs c, maybe hof woh with the ability to level primes and max skills...otherwise every event a diamond team is way more valuable.
      Have to remember there wasn’t additional point multipliers for team level till really late last year, so most of the top teams where silver and gold still... and to be honest it’s kinda nice not being in a constant arms race to keep up with woh.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    To me this seems like this is their way of combating everyone going diamond this year, 
    Every change that has been made, to my knowledge, has been to convince people to move up to diamond. 

-  Much lower leveling cost for players
    -  players reaching their “win limit” seemingly earlier for silver and gold 
    -  Field Pass giving one tap games, which is huge for diamond players. 

I don't think they are trying to combat people moving to diamond. I think they want players to have a longer shelf life in 2019 as opposed to 2018. The issue is that they seem to have gone too far the other way.  It’s creeping along where players aren’t really getting better and it is becoming more of the same. This is the 3rd WOH prize in the last 3 weeks (Suarez, Chapman, and Diaz) that are all 350 max, 3B, RHB, and very similar as Suarez and Chapman are both LHP and RISP. 

Variety is missing and it makes it stale. At the end of last year we had 525 BXP players. At the current rate 420 may not even come as the game has been out 4 months and the best max I believe in March was 310ish. 10 point increases a month on average for BXP players. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Bigpredsfan looks like the disagree tapper got u again. It’s probably Houmy  
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Someone may just disagree. If it were @Houmy he would respond with a 🤨
    Probably right. It seems like u have a disagree attached to every comment 
    Seems like dfbb has had the disagree bug a bit as well recently. It's kind of cute, you guys have an anonymous stalker. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    To me this seems like this is their way of combating everyone going diamond this year, if primes where available in classic or higher bxp, diamond teams would have an unbelievable advantage and would be cycling hof at will...and I’m sure there are plenty of diamond teams that can and do but they have payed for that pleasure with cash or an insane amount of hours into the game. Right now the only advantage to being gold or lower is c vs c, maybe hof woh with the ability to level primes and max skills...otherwise every event a diamond team is way more valuable.
      Have to remember there wasn’t additional point multipliers for team level till really late last year, so most of the top teams where silver and gold still... and to be honest it’s kinda nice not being in a constant arms race to keep up with woh.
    I disagree. Many advantages to being in silver for me. Able to cap any prime I get. Constantly able to have the best players in the game(I have 4 400 max players now, no one under 370 as hitters). Able to beat hof woh although some gold is required. Team upgrades maxed. Don’t have to worry about getting a player and not being able to benefit from it because I don’t have xp 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Seems like dfbb has had the disagree bug a bit as well recently. It's kind of cute, you guys have an anonymous stalker. 
    It's not much of a mystery. :)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Maybe it’s pujols
    DFBB said:
    It's not much of a mystery. :)
    I'm guessing he frollacks in the autumn mist in a land called Honahlee
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    2003cobra said:

🤨

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

whammo911 said:
    Right now the only advantage to being gold or lower is c vs c, maybe hof woh with the ability to level primes and max skills...otherwise every event a diamond team is way more valuable.

I disagree. Many advantages to being in silver for me. Able to cap any prime I get. Constantly able to have the best players in the game(I have 4 400 max players now, no one under 370 as hitters). Able to beat hof woh although some gold is required. Team upgrades maxed. Don’t have to worry about getting a player and not being able to benefit from it because I don’t have xp 
    Not sure we are disagreeing on much, except now I’m at gold and even if I can only level a guy to silver 10 he’s getting twice as many at bats now since I’m putting up 40-50 runs a game as opposed to 10-20 on avg.

As far as the diamond discussion combating was in reference to them making money as opposed to trying to keep people from diamond...
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Do your S10 guys do a whole lot in gold, @whammo911? My feeling on moving to gold (I'm in silver) is I'll be bad for a while as I scrounge up the resources needed to upgrade my team. In other words, I didn't think a team with a few G10 guys but also several S10 guys could be expected to score 40 runs a game in gold. Obviously I get you're exaggerating on the numbers (right?), but my issue with moving up is it'll cost me all of whatever I'm gaining with the increased rewards to get my team maxed again. Seems counter-productive, but maybe I'm missing something. 
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    @Cooz19 my experience in gold is pretty good. here is a list of my starting line up:
    1b- Carlos Santana G10
    LF- Jason Heyward G10
    SS- Paul Dejong G10
    CF- Starling Marte G10
    DH- Matt Chapman G10
    3B- Yandy Diaz G10
    C - James McCann S10
    2B - DJ Lemahieu Prime S10
    RF - Andrew Benintendi Prime S10
    Sub - Matt Beaty G10
    Sub - Vlad Guerrero Prime S10
    Sub - Alex Verdugo Prime S10
    SP1 - Brandon Woodruff G10
    SP2 - Shane Bieber Prime S10
    SP3 - "Son of" Cal Quantril S10
    SP4 - Max Scherzer 5* S10
    SP5 - Clayton Kershaw 5* S10
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    @Cooz19 my experience in gold is pretty good. 
    Most of your team is G10, @bayoubengal. Basically, would a team that has maybe 3-4 guys (3 hitters 1 pitcher) at G10 be able to win consistently right away? I have 4 prime hitters and 1 prime pitcher, 150k pxp, but only 25k bxp. Only half a mil cash too. I'm wondering if I can get away with going to gold now while leveling what I can and build the rest up because I'll be able to win most of my games while cycling woh a few times. 
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    I did 5 hitters and 1 pitcher and was pretty productive when I made the jump
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    edited July 2019
    I had enough for 3 primes saved, and 250k bxp, and like 600k cash....all my pitching is bxp so I capped all the starting pitchers and 5 bxp batter
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    @Cooz19, you have almost enough to cap 2 primes, so be selective and take you woh closers all the way up.

I went with about 150k bxp, but had to trade in a few inactives.  If you have a bunch of players there, you can definitely do it.  Focus on you top few for woh, and your top couple starters.  You might struggle in bonus games or tournaments early, but you will catch up quick.