Sunday afternoon:

Now:

WTF!?
Prev1

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    How dare they give him more speed 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Decreased max, decreased hit & power, more speed (?), And now a bases-empty skill?  Anyone ever seen anything quite like this from a fan rewards player?
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Tdub71 said:
    Decreased max, decreased hit & power, more speed (?), And now a bases-empty skill?  Anyone ever seen anything quite like this from a fan rewards player?
    Lol, I would assume he'll be fixed sooner or later. These joker's make a lot of mistakes, but I'm sure they didn't mean to update this guy to be a 350 prime
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Who else is hoping for a global gift?? Jk. Sort of. :) In all seriousness, I'm certain he'll get fixed real soon.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Hey, I would settle for my 50k gold back...
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Lol the hell??  That would straight piss me off.  Better contact your local congressman!.. or just send CS lots of messages.
    Just no.  
    I already sent a message through the VIP hotline.  25 minutes and counting....

In all seriousness, I am sure it will get fixed soon.  Pretty inconvenient on woh day, though...
    Schwarber update: Nothing to report.  Still a max 350 Prime with different skills, and more speed.  That last part is the most confusing...

90 minutes, no response from cs.  15 since I sent screenshots.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I got a response but no fix 

Oh.  You had Henry, too.  That is a true copy-paste from the response I got.  Word for word...

• sherold22sherold22 Registered Users, Member 84 Posts
    Did Henry reply after that?

• UncleB238UncleB238 Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Looks like a bait and switch scheme. An attorney could be beneficial in this situation.
    It's not that serious.  I just want the player that was promised, or to be refunded the 10k gold difference from the previous tier to him, and the resources I spent on leveling and skills, plus maybe a little something for my aggravation.

Still an ongoing cs ticket, though.  I am not letting it go.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    ...We are aware of this issue and are waiting to see if it fixes itself.
     :D  :D:D
    edited July 2019
    @CanadaCubs, fat chance of that.  I have never had a truly poor cs experience with GLU.  Guess it's just my turn...

Edit: The percentage chance of me letting it go has now dropped to less than 0.
  • DomerHomerDomerHomer Registered Users, Member 76 Posts
    edited July 2019
    FWIW I have the same issue and am going back and forth with CS. I’ve been patiently saving my 2x gold from videos for months and finally splurged since it was a Cubs weekend for Glu. Have never had a poor CS experience until now. @Tdub71 I am also definitely not letting this go. I’ve replied to alert CS that I will pursue a refund with Apple/AppStore due to fraudulent business activity.

edit: the refund would be for the field pass I purchased to save on leveling Schwarbs. At this point it’s the principle of the matter. Cannot remember an issue like this other than maybe the different versions of Meadows. In that instance at least you got the player/stats that were shown on your screen. 
    @CanadaCubs, I think they meant cs has no control, and it is all on the dev team.

@DomerHomer, I knew there would be more with the same issue.  I know @Mattattack was affected, too.

I would be curious to find out how many more.  I was 50k fan rewards, so there won't be a ton, but double-gold weekend probably ramps it up a bit.
    My last response:

Almost 3 hours with no response to that, yet.
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    @Tdub71 get’em

First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Guys, CS is right on this one. There's literally nothing they can do. CS is just the link between players and the dev team, and the best that they can do is forward that to the dev team so that the dev team is aware of the issue. CS does not and cannot make changes to the actual game itself; they're just the middle man. They can add and subtract currency and boxes to specific accounts, but they cannot alter the game themselves.
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Complain more. It HAS to work!!!
    @Tdub7, I don’t understand how they can say “we have no say as to why the players stats changed”.  Who the hells say is it?!  It’s their game!
    If you think the person you're speaking to has some kind of say over the mechanics of the game, I'm not sure what to tell you. I think the rep is telling you that just to say he can't fix it himself, so the issue won't be resolved immediately. Believe it or not, when you message "customer service," you aren't speaking with a developer. The rep said the developers are aware of the issue. That absolutely does not fix the situation, and it absolutely should be fixed (this isn't our first rodeo with this nonsense, either. It's the definition of "bait-and-switch" and can carry with it legal consequences). I'm just saying the issue is on the product developers, not on the customer service reps. 

I got another robo-response of the same, and replied thusly:

I completely understand that the reps I have spoken to can't do much, if anything, more than they already have. 

However, if the dev team is not addressing it, and/or not passing information to the consumer, through cs, the disconnect is internal, and not likely to be resolved.

Keeping the ticket open, in my opinion, is the best way to continue to track it, until there is a resolution.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    He will get fixed but it’s annoying that it hasn’t been fixed yet.  I will be pretty peeved if he’s not back to normal by tomorrow’s woh.  Specifically spent 50k gold chasing Devers because Schwarber was a fall back option.  Plus I spent $20 in real cash for FP to lower the PXP cost.   And since I’m diamond that was was still over 500k PXP including skills.  So yeah I’m annoyed at this 
    edited July 2019
    After reading my response on here, it comes off as a little more aggressive than I intended.

Edit: I followed up with this:

Tdub71 said:
    However, if the dev team is not addressing it, and/or not passing information to the consumer, through cs, the disconnect is internal, and not likely to be resolved.

Keeping the ticket open, in my opinion, is the best way to continue to track it, until there is a resolution.
    Honest and useless opinion...CS is outsourced, and communication is cut off due to significant geographical/time zone differences. That, unfortunately, leaves you with little choice, @t@Tdub71 but to do exactly what you are doing. It's a substantial amount of gold, and anyone playing this game often enough to amass that much gold knows there's a huge difference between a 350 and a 380 player -- certainly enough to suggest one might not spend that much gold to chase a player at a level that's probably 500 percent easier to obtain. 

In short, you're completely justified in your position. And the more we discuss this, the stronger the seed of mistrust grows. That's a lost customer who might turn into a lost player. 

I ranted about this once before...I get from their end how releasing a 380 player when the economy of the game isn't built for it can really throw things off, but It's beyond me how accidentally releasing a higher level player than they intended to release can happen once, let alone the multiple times I've read about it happening. And two things with that: 1. the fact you knew enough to have taken a screen shot of the player's stats when he was at the 380 level shows how deep that level of mistrust has already gone, and 2. the fact YOU had to bring it to THEM, is an absolute clusterf*ck. They should be giving you the next second-tier fan rewards player for free AND giving you 200 percent of what you spent. 
  • DomerHomerDomerHomer Registered Users, Member 76 Posts
    The latest from CS: