Extra Bases: Round 2!

124Next

Comments

• SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    I have a relatively strong gold team.  With the CvC subscription and live boost, I still couldn't live play or auto play my way to anything more than about 800K points in a round.  So I decided to take the "donkey" strategy to its logical extreme.  I switched out my entire roster for donkeys, dropping my team strength from about 105K to 30K.  Didn't make any difference at all, scores were flat.  It may be that your team strength is irrelevant and that its your rank (i.e. Gold 6) that drives the difficulty level.    
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    My rewards were less than they should have been also
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    edited July 2019
    So I feel like im dumb
    where do you collect the rewards for tiers?

Edit....I found it..sorry
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I just don’t think the rewards for extra bases is worth it. The amount of entries or blue cash one would have to use to place top 50 I’m sure would be a insane amount.... and tons of gold. I would be broke and with no bonus players there is never a advantage for anyone...I do kinda like that tho 😕 I’m on the fence. But on the other hand what they have created by leveling the playing field and no bonus players is a who can out spend who contest basically. 
    Idk... just not worth it because if you are like me you are gonna be outside top 50 and ur gonna get 1k pxp and 4200 bxp lol. I like the concept but it needs to be tweaked and rewards are trash 🗑.
    Cvc is by far best rewards in the game they need to offer more rewards like cvc for all events.
    P.S. I am praying 🙏 for one those “cool story bro” mookie stickers 😱🤣
    keep in mind that even if you rank 5000 and get a shitty reward, you also get a reward based on the tier you reached with the cumulative score so it is still worth it, I think.
    I only used 10 of the entries and no gold, no energy drink, just a few video boosts. I reached tier 3 (I think) with a bit over 1 million points total, which gave me like 4k-5k pxp and almost the same amount of cash I used in autoplay (plus like 20-30 energy drinks and some coins)
  • boulevardheatboulevardheat Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    For some reason I don't have any entries, does anyone know anything about this? 
    benny100 said:
    My rewards were less than they should have been also
    CS fixed it quickly and topped up my rewards to the correct levels
    The event is over
  • boulevardheatboulevardheat Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    benny100 said:
    The event is over
    Really? what time did it start? It says there is 9 hours left
    benny100 said:
    The event is over
    Really? what time did it start? It says there is 9 hours left
    9 hrs left to collect rewards - it started last night and ran until around lunch time today
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    @tocopan18 I ended up with about the same somewhere around 1 mil pts. 4K or so pxp so yeah it’s worth it for what it is 👍🏻 I played 8 entries and done 3 continues.  I just had higher expectations I guess... something like cvc rewards  lol 
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    Just to add to this I have 2 teams and my weak bronze 3 ( 32 k strength) was getting 300-600 k with no boost and autoplay.  With boost 2-4 mil. With 15 tix I got 12 mil points total

with my gold 6 (105 k strength) team I finished 15 tix with only 1.5 mil total.   May I add this team has cvc subscription and used the vid boost 6-7 times.  

So team level really made great difference as what I witnessed!!
  • safeco24safeco24 Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    This event is a GLU scam, much more than any other I've ever seen. 

First, the Progress Rewards are awarded differently than they are in every other game mode. I think they did that intentionally and maliciously to trick people into using up resources chasing higher tiers despite the rewards for accomplishing those higher tiers being much less lucrative than they appear. 

3M total points gets Tier 4 and 4K PXP. But, you need 4.5M more points to reach Tier 5, for which you are really only awarded 1K more PXP than Tier 4. They make it look like you are getting 5K PXP, but you've already earned 4K of that by completing the lower tiers. 

Second, the Rankings are straight up bullshit. 3 different people, other than myself, finished at exactly the same Ranking in the final standings. We all finished at exactly the position after a cutoff: 3001. And, those are just the people I personally know. 

Ignoring the astronomical raw odds of this happening, let's consider what that means. All 4 of us achieved the highest Progress Rewards tier. The most plausible non-nefarious explanation would be that all 4 of us simply all finished dead last in our respective brackets and that all of the brackets had exactly 3001 users in them. In other words, at least 12k users participated in the event, we were universally the worst performers, and every user that participated achieved the highest tier. 

TBH, the actual most plausible explanation is that GLU assigned the final rankings based on another algorithm written by their unethical development team. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    You rushed Area 51, didn't you, @safeco24?
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    fahhq2 said:
    Don’t all different aspects of this game have a sweet spot? WoH=Gold, Bonus games=Diamond etc...why is it everyone thinks they are entitled to score the most points/wins regardless of their tier? For those who complain about clash, let me use this analogy. CvC is like A or AA minor leagues. You face a 2 star bronze pitcher and put up a million each round. Clash is like the major leagues where you face pitchers at or even higher than your own tier. So the slugger that crushes 30+ in AA whines that major league pitching sucks it! In this case hate the player and not the game. If you can’t put up 1 million in Clash, it doesn’t suck, but maybe you do (at least in that event)!!! 😂😂😂
    @fahhq2 so @DFBB sucks because he is a diamond player that used boost and put up 0 points but yet a silver player with same team and same boost put up 2+ million??? Your logic is not there...
    To get back to this point, no I’m not saying he sucks, just that this event is not suited for diamond players(@dfbb). Look, if diamond players were to always have an advantage, not that many guys would continue to play. Each tier has its sweet spots and vice versa. Tell me why then does my 85k silver team lose to a scrub 40k gold team in bonus games? Because it’s either an advantage for him in gold tier or disadvantage for me in silver. But I’m not here whining about it. I just don’t play bonus games or streak more than 6 in a row. To be clear, @dfbb was not whining, but it seems like a lot of entitlement Obama phones are being requested. Suck it up. If you don’t score with the big boys...don’t play the event. Or better yet—-just quit altogether! Nothing Glu does makes sense to us, so why all the confusion in this Extra Bases mode. Silver seems to be the sweet spot. Too bad if you are not silver 😂 Glu does, however, even out the playing field with rewards. Just as I get 30+ boxes from CvC each week for basically nothing but autoplaying, a diamond player can use the free gold they earn to buy those boxes as well. It’s a trade off. I can’t win the BG they get rich from by playing lesser tier teams and they can’t win these CvC/Clash/Extra Bases modes that I do. Again, Glu has to create a balance somewhere in order to please all tiers of players.