Long Term Club?

8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
Im fairly new to the Forums... read a lot and rarely comment as I’m still learning strategies.  Does any of the big players here on the forums actually stay in a single club for any length of time at all?  From what I have read it seems the consensus here is that it’s at your disadvantage as far as event rewards and other strategies to be committed to any single club.

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    "I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!" I'm not a big player, but I hop around constantly. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • 8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    @retirepujols when I say “big” player I would group you into what I’m referring to.  Unless I’m mistaken your VIP and you grind and play constantly.  I didn’t mean like top 100 all time big spenders big...

so why do you hop?  Just don’t want to be held down or strategy based or a little of both? 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’ve stayed in the same club throughout as it’s high scorer, I have toyed with the idea of going purely solo to take advantage of some light brackets on Wednesday/Thursday but haven’t pulled the trigger on it yet have been in the same club since November ‘18 and like the guys I’m with.  
    Both, it just adds an extra element to the game. I can help multiple clubs fight for better rankings in events, or I can stay somewhere that doesn't put up any club points and just play bonus games or do whatever I want. I also like to jump around and evo hunt, not so much for the Evo anymore but more so for the fun in the hunt and for different level loyalty boxes. It may sound dumb, but I've met a lot of cool dudes by jumping around.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • 8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    @redlegs2018u when you say high scorer are you at the level of where you compete consistently in events?  Without spending serious $$?  If so from what I have read here I get the impression that is rare.  My impression is for the most part to compete in events you pretty much have to fall in to two camps... reset clubs to try to get good brackets or big spenders clubs.  Am I wrong?
  • DaveMustangDaveMustang Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    You just need to find a club that grinds.  Being able to spend is great I'm sure, but my club has almost always competed due to guys doing whatever it takes to get gold cheap or free. Hell, I've spent 10 bucks this season, and I've always been right there with our VIPs.  

Reset clubs are cool, but that shit gets old.  We did it for a few months last year. Only reset once this year. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    We’re not a high end club and I’m not a big spender but the top end of our club has 4 of us that cycle D6 consistently so especially Wednesday/Thursday we can and do occasionally compete in the top 5-15 of mediocre brackets.  This week alone we have a 5th and a 4th place.  I can compete somewhat due to just having a crapton of time and being able to cycle WoH consistently.  We don’t reset however our club is D7 due to the sheer amount of gloves 4 D6 players can generate in a week.  
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I’ve been contemplating leaving my club and bouncing around like pujols or having my own solo club. I could really use the cvc rewards but haven’t won any in over a month. Sad part is I carry the club but get no cvc love. Might do some searching tomorrow 
    edited July 2019
    2003cobra said:
    I’ve been contemplating leaving my club and bouncing around like pujols or having my own solo club. I could really use the cvc rewards but haven’t won any in over a month. Sad part is I carry the club but get no cvc love. Might do some searching tomorrow 
    You can always have the best of both worlds, just leave your club during CVC then go back. It's not like the event ranking rewards are going to be missed much 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edit: this would require either CVC sniping, a second device to hold down your own club, or finding people willing to trade you CVC wins for donations. 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    ⬆️.  I have been trying to do this for a damn month.  I have a 2nd team as a placeholder in a private club, but before I could start, the update dropped.  My crappy 2nd device can't handle the update, and won't open the app.

Grumble, grumble, grumble...
    @Tdub71 that sucks, brother. Sniping may be the way to go for you, depending upon your feelings towards sniping and how badly you want to step out for CVC 
    I don't like sniping people.  I tend to win the last CVC only, as I try to let all the others take rewards when they can.  Unless someone has any ideas on how to get TSB19 in the Amazon app store, so I can load it into a Kindle Fire, I may be stuck here for a while...
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    If you have a decent enough computer you could run TSB19 in BlueStacks to at least get into the game.
    Well, if my boss will get me a new company cell, like I have asked for, I may be ok.  She's cheap, so fingers crossed for a busted iPhone 7...
    To give my perspective on the original question, I got handed the reigns of a long-term club when the app dropped in the US (club was created in Canadian beta by a guy a played with at the end of last year).

I love the comradarie of playing with the same guys all the time, but I have outgrown them, and it's starting to get a little stale for me.   I carry them in most events, but I am a loyal guy.

The only challenge right now would be pushing to diamond, but I built hard, and my actives are all primes.  I am afraid I will get massacred if I move up before I am loaded on resources.
    @CanadaCubs, I tried that already.  I still have a Motorola filp-phone that won't take a charge.  Apparently it is not a priority...
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I would love to find an inactive or abandoned gold club. Not sure if I want to bounce around.  
    @2003cobra check pm
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    I would love to find an inactive or abandoned gold club. Not sure if I want to bounce around.  
    Sounds like you've been taken care of, but in all honesty, it's not that difficult to find one of those using the club search option.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    8ball02 said:
    Im fairly new to the Forums... read a lot and rarely comment as I’m still learning strategies.  Does any of the big players here on the forums actually stay in a single club for any length of time at all?  From what I have read it seems the consensus here is that it’s at your disadvantage as far as event rewards and other strategies to be committed to any single club.
    I've played with the same club since the beginning of '18. We used to play together Mon-Thurs and occasionally, on weekends. Now, we now only play together on Mondays and Weds because we all do our thing on CvC days. However, there isn't a day that goes by that we don't fill up our group chat. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    8ball02 said:
    I've played with the same club since the beginning of '18. We used to play together Mon-Thurs and occasionally, on weekends. Now, we now only play together on Mondays and Weds because we all do our thing on CvC days. However, there isn't a day that goes by that we don't fill up our group chat. 
    Chat like a bunch of teenagers
  • DaveMustangDaveMustang Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    Yeah, playing with the same people is the way to go if ur gonna do the club thing. We had about 15 carry over from last year.  Only real issue with that is some get complacent, then I'd feel bad about cutting them lol