Leveling Bonus Players

mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
edited July 2019 in General TSB Discussion
Having just recently jumped from silver to gold, I have a question about how far to level players pulled from boxes who provide bonus points for the following few days, but then wouldn't be strong enough to make my normal roster.  At silver, it was easy to immediately cap these guys at Silver 10 to fully take advantage of the bonus points they accrue, even if I wouldn't play them again after that event ended.  But now that I'm in gold, it would be extremely costly to take guys all the way to Gold 10 when their utility ends after 2-3 days.  So how far do you guys level these short-term bonus players?

Yesterday, I pulled a Freddy Galvis from the Ambidextrous box and leveled him to Silver 10, but that still left him dramatically lower than the rest of my lineup, and while he technically provide a +300 multiplier in Clash, he was basically an automatic out.  And if these guys are essentially automatic outs, then you really aren't getting much in the way of bonus points from them in the first place.  But maybe yesterday was just a unique situation because Clash is ridiculous, I don't know.  At the end of the day, I'm just curious how much in the way of resources people in gold (or higher) spend to level bonus players that will essentially be discarded after a few days?

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I level any bonus player not making my team to silver 10. In gold that's worked for me for CvC and events.
  • 8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    I’ve started only leveling them to S10 if their not making my roster and only use them events.  I’ll switch them out for CVC.  Yes they provide a multiplier and I’ve found they’re not always an automatic out but they are a liability for sure