Royale WoH

Comments

• Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    Honestly... what’s better than the WOH triple play. 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @Base15 maybe the guy that dives 10 ft and throws you out.
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    @Base15 or the fastballs down the middle that boosted you dribble back to the pitcher
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    edited August 2019
    I’ve cycled three times with live boost. But still much harder than it should be. And no
    upgrades on Slugfest? I actually enjoyed the prime event yesterday and finished top ten club wise...knowing that Wednesday would be lame again. Not a bad reward for
    WoH. But not being able to cycle cap with a platinum 120k team with all batters maxed is kinda lame. M. R. G. A. (Make Royale Greatness Again). Maybe next week when I jump to diamond I will just play tournaments instead. Uggh. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @retirepujols LOL you and me both! I pulled Goldy, Hiura, Strasburg, Cole and Lugo. Took Goldy, Hiura and Cole to D10 immediately. Strasburg to Plat5 (and Lugo can suck it).
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    This is f*cking retarded today. 

To anyone from the game reading this...pay attention to the general theme here. It sucks. It's boring, repetitive and unfulfilling. If you want to screw us in a slanted manner, at least put f*ckin 2002 Pedro on the mound, or resurrect Koufax or something. Walter Johnson coming back from the dead and shutting us down is more realistic than something called "Daniel Mengden" tossing cannonballs that somehow can't be hit more than 95 feet on the ground. It's embarrassing for everyone involved. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Guys who don't have keepers, I strongly suggest you consider Potm. They made them considerably better this time around. In fact, they are better than most of the 400 primes that were released. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY how many did you buy for that haul? I bought 12 and only got Goldschimdt X 2 and Strasburg. I'm afraid to buy more as my first 9 were all junk then got 3 in a row.

Plus I bought last night when the booby prize was still #1 picks X 5 and 5 star specials. Missed out on the pxp...
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I have yet to play 1.1 today 
    Beat it once live boost started. No gold spent. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
     Say it with me..."If you don't get the pitches, you can't get a hit in this game." What good does a 400 max prime or 650 max bxp player do if that is crux of gameplay in WoH? Programmatic f*ckery.

It really is like you have 5 spinning disks sitting on top of each other and the holes need to line up to win. I got a ton of fastballs from the last 5 pitchers this time. 
  • lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I beat it earlier without a live boost, gold or restart. Since my live boost I haven't been able to get past Price at 5.9. Not worth the effort for just getting extra resources 
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Can’t get past 4.6 for the past hour
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    5.4 and 5.7 are my kryptonite
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    You tend to get more pitches when you have a player with more stats than the pitcher, couple that with 2 active skills that further that gap between you and the pitcher and you’ll get pitches to hit more often than not.  Yes RNG can and will **** you at times but it’s 90% math and not missing fastballs that do come.  Case in point I lost 4 straight at one point to Mendgen but still have about a 60% success rate with 350 bxp hitters.
  • BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts

kinda struggling with this line up... until I pay the toll.  Gets very frustrating when it becomes such an obvious $$$ grab. And as far as upgrades go.... they are!!!  
  • CalYenteCalYente Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    Silver team - finally beat Mengden the Merciless on my 6th try with just a video boost. Couldn't beat him earlier with live boost and gold. Spent way too much time today for a player that I won't use, but had to keep trying until I beat the SoB.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I’m gonna do it. I’m gonna make it all day and not play WOH. Been a fairly pressure free day. 
    edited August 2019

All WoH related upgrades capped, big bats at least 50/60 pennants and skills all at least 8/8 except Edgar whom I do not use lvl 5. I can go beyond 8/8 and have 3 400 max primes I can cap to replace bxp subs but I’m in save mode. It’s just not fun when you’re staring down defeat “for some reason”. I dont always win every round on Monday but that’s not my objective. It’s clear Wednesday cycling comes at a cost and I just don’t want to pay. 
    @BOZZCO Are the skills leveled? it's difficult for me to imagine your team having any sort of trouble today. You said your upgrades are fine so I'm totally baffled.
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    I’m with @DFBB. Baffled with your line up @BOZZCO that you can’t beat WOH. I was able to get another cycle in and was hopeful that maybe they had lowered the difficulty. But, can’t cycle a fifth time. Maybe it’s a matchup issue for you? But in general it’s clear that the level is harder than HOF on Monday’s. I’d be ok with that difficulty if the reward matched. Even if it was boxes from the day. How much do we have to voice our opinions before we are heard on this issue???
    I doubt he hasn't cycled @BOZZCO . Just that it comes at an exorbitant cost compared to the reward given the difficulty. This has been Royale WoH since Sale and friends were introduced. I don't think difficulty has increased over the last 3 weeks but I will say that even if you do give up the coin the favor is not always reciprocated like with Sale and Eflin/Arrieta.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    He wrote it..."until he pays the toll." And their ability to hear us doesn't mean they're inclined to do anything about it.

My biggest issue is It really doesn't seem to have much to do with the level of the teams playing, or, to some degree, the skill of the players. It doesn't seem like it's something good players can just overcome. I'm not a great player, but anyone who's played several hundred woh rounds knows the pitch and the timing of the swing when they hit a home run. That's gone in certain parts of Royale woh. You get that pitch, your timing is right on, and the ball dribbles to the pitcher. Your ability to hit straight fastballs with any sense of power magically and unreasonably goes away in certain rounds. That isn't something players overcome as much as it's the game simply not letting you compete. 

I'm following @Bigpredfan and not playing Royale woh next week. Should have done it today too. 
    @Cooz19 I don't believe tsb is a game of skill. Rather, it's a game of knowledge. Whatever perceived skill is involved, it's a very low threshold. That said, Royale/Classic has been absolute cake for me all year because I focus on skills/upgrades. Today, for example, I only used a video at 5.9(Price). I cycled it 12x(g10, p10, then cycle cap) before moving on to bonus games. 
    I recognize that Royale still gives people fits and I know that my comments can be off-putting to those who are struggling, but I just wanted to show that it's not all gloom and doom. 
    I cycled it a few times today for sure... it’s just those At bats where I get nothing to hit.  My capped mantle had trouble all day on 5.9, this is both skills active and at the 100k prime level. My offensive skills are are into the gold now 90,86,86 and clutch and in the zone both at 85.  I think I understand matchups  I always have a right versus lefty  and lefty versus righty.  I almost always have both skills active.  It just seems that sometimes I have zero chance.  I understand with mystery box’s there are odds and I never complain during dry patches.. but I shouldn’t have odds on whether I’m going to get a pitch to hit.. I understand that it isn’t skill but math that’s gets the hit but   I figure the upgrades and the capped players and the high skills and the matchup should at least give me a chance every time    But maybe not 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I was able to get in 7 today (honestly just made sure I got my exp back just wasn’t too thrilled with Goins).  I make sure to grab live boosts of different teams which makes things a little easier.
    edited August 2019
    @DFBB Couple things. You are the outlier-est of outliers at least relative to the average forum-goer here so to say the things you say sometimes though not off-putting may come across as tone deaf to said average forum-goer. Honestly, I don't see that as a fault really as it all comes down to a matter of perspective which you have illustrated countless times and are well aware.

Having said all that, there is no comparison with Classic WoH and Royale WoH in it's current state. There just flat out isn't. I cycle at least 12 times on Monday, zero boost ever. If I could, I would probably with relative ease cycle 2 dozen times on Monday's but time just does not permit, nor do my responsibilities. Royale WoH is a completely different beast. The last 7 pitchers are specialty pitchers which should be the first indication but also at 5.4 and 5.7 there is programming in place that negates the slapper down the third-base line for extra bases that at times can induce a double play. Nowhere in any other round does this occur in Royale and certainly not in Classic. Probably not in Hof either (I've never bothered). This is Glu intervention. If you invest in skills beyond a threshold that makes you unaware of that then I think we have our answer as to what really takes precedent.

@BOZZCO I can definitely imagine the frustration. Although my upgrades are higher(all 100s with the big 4), you shouldn't have much of a problem considering Mantle just got a nice boost.