Legends

EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
I'm curious, what are some legends you're hoping to see/get a hold of this yr?

For me, it's Ripken and the human vacuum himself, Mr Brooks Robinson. 
~UNAGI~
Prev1

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    I just lol'd for real. 😂😂
    ~UNAGI~
  • THEGOGOHALLTHEGOGOHALL Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Have they ever done Griffey as a Legend?
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @retirepujols True story, saw him play couple weeks back. He was booed at every AB. Ringing single in first AB then bomb almost completely out of stadium in second. Think he was hitting over .180 by end of the game.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Sadly No...but id max out my CC to try and get Jr.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    Worst day ever as a Steelers fan when they lost to that hack in a playoff game. I still can’t believe that happened. 
  • 4SHIZZOMYRIZZO444SHIZZOMYRIZZO44 Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    Image result for the great hambino
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I go to a ton of minor league baseball games, all over the northeast.  Tebow has a huge following no matter where he goes.  Home crowd or away crowd, he gets cheered everywhere.  Even Phillies fans were cheering for him.  Where did you see him @dustyhunks play and he got booed?
  • titsmcgee95titsmcgee95 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    @ReadingFightingPhils Alec Bohm and Spencer Howard looking good up there in Reading. Hopefully they will be able to join the team in 2020, we sure need them!
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    @titsmcgee95 I was there last night for Jimmy Rollins hall of fame induction.  Alec Bohm is a little sketchy on defense but has a big bat.  Mickey Moniak looks much better over the last month and could be a 5 tool guy down the road.  
  • 4SHIZZOMYRIZZO444SHIZZOMYRIZZO44 Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    Image result for Brickma The 'Warm Ice" Legend himself 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    @Base15 We are now brethren in Steeler Nation. 

We lost that game because three DL went down in the first half and we were already down our free safety and running back. Ben was hurt. Mendenhall was out. Hell, even our damn running backs coach was out (severely injured in a house fire that week). Did everything they could just to get to overtime. I picked Denver to win and got shredded for it because, despite the fact he played behind a top 3 defense, no one believed Tebow could do anything good enough to beat a pretty mediocre team at home. 

Either way, the level of severity of the ass-beating we would have taken the following week at New England would have been, in my mind, worse than losing in the wild-card round. We would have had to sign DLs off the street to play the Patriots that weekend. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @ReadingFightingPhils Rochester, NY. Maybe it was a Tebow+Syracuse thing?
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Only guy I would consider chasing this year as an ATG. He will probably never be offered though.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Is that Nap?
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    HOLY SH!T! One and only draw so far and nailed this "scrub"
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Good thing closers have a very big impact 😁 

congrats
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I know what you mean @bayoubengal. Really sucks that they didn't at least give us some LXP to start before legends but in the same token that is a good way to force a second box buy if you hit the first.

• marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
    What do you guys think about the fan rewards and boxes? I’m a big fan on first look
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    @Base15 @Cooz19

As a Broncos fan, when the Tebow Broncos (excuse me, as I just threw up in my mouth a little) beat your Steelers, it was an even worse day for me because I feared he would somehow become our long term QB.  I couldn’t believe how many people, especially other Broncos fans, thought he was anything other than a fullback or tight end that could throw hard.  I mean, the guy in @CanadaCubs profile pic was a much better QB than Tebow!!!
  • sarge268sarge268 Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    edited August 2019
    I’ve spent 15,000 gold so far. I’m at 30,000 lxp and I’ve hit several prime players, but I haven’t hit a legend player yet. Come on... I just want that Edgar!!!!!!

*update* 35 boxes... no legend player ☹️ 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I'm glad to see Tebow jokes are still alive and well.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Oh they don't end, @retirepujols. The Broncos have since beaten the Steelers in the playoffs in Denver with a different quarterback and the only thing you hear about is Tebow. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

I pulled Edgar on my second box.  That officially makes up for my blue xp pull on the POTM box this morning.

Of course, the 1000 lxp i have didn't level Edgar very far.  I imagine I will level him to Gold 10 in about a month, when 480 legends are out. 

• sherold22sherold22 Registered Users, Member 84 Posts
    I pulled Judge and am pretty happy about that!! I know I wouldn't have any lxp to upgrade anyone that I got today
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    I was just hoping for LXP from the boxes I got. Got my wish 4/6 times. 
    ~UNAGI~
  • Boston0714Boston0714 Registered Users, Member 168 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Ozzie Smith, Ken Griffey Jr.  Tom Glavine, Steve Avery, John Smoltz, Ted William's, Wade Boggs, Bo Jackson, Frank Thomas, Tony Gwynn, Chipper Jones, Carl Yastrzemski, Pedro Martinez, David Ortiz, Yogi Berra, Cal Ripken Jr. Pete Rose, Ricky Henderson
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Random thought 💭 if legends were 1.5% chance in a 700 gold box it’s safe to say we will see 1% chance in 500 gold box 🤢🤮
  • TrojanKi7TrojanKi7 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    Don’t forget Reggie Jackson, Will Clark & Fergie Jenkins