All prime players?

BwianmanBwianman Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
edited August 2019 in General TSB Discussion
I've been playing this game for about a month and a half. Just made the move to gold, team strength of 81k and just made VIP. Problem is, all but one of my position players and starting pitchers are prime. With the sudden lack of pxp given away, it's really hard to level all my players without spending more and more money.

One guy I saw on YT said doesn't have prime players as OF.. I know that'll cut down on pxp spending but is that wise or is the goal ultimately to have the best possible team? Spent 30k+ gold last week and didn't get a single legend either so that was really rough.

Comments

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    ........and the question?
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    I don’t have a prime in my starting line up 🤷‍♂️
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • BwianmanBwianman Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    Well pardon me for a dumb question but is it ever wise to replace prime players with bxp players with a high max? Or always keep prime no matter what?
    Not to be a smart a** but you did not ask a question in your OP.  So you can see @bigvivec saying what he did.
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @Bwianman Prime or not, always have your highest ranking players in your lineup.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    "One guy I saw on YT said doesn't have prime players as OF.. I know that'll cut down on pxp spending but is that wise or is the goal ultimately to have the best possible team?"  -- That seems like a question. Could have been clearer, but not hard to figure out, either. 

My team is like yours, @Bwianman. The game is fluid. The best players will constantly be changing, better than the last. I think you'll find many examples of people having success using all primes and all bxps. Ultimately, I'd imagine a team of all primes would usually be better than a team of all bxps, but the balance of making your team competitive right now while hanging onto the players who have room to grow when you have the resources to do it would be the wisest course of action, I'd imagine. 
  • BwianmanBwianman Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @bayoubengal Oh yeah I know. I didn't mean to phrase the last post as a snooty question.. I shouldn't have added the Well in the beginning. Haha. Thanks for the advice fellas! And finally pulled my first legend about 5 minutes ago! Way overdue!
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Nice @Bwianman
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    I replaced my 370 primes with 350 guys that have R or L skill or other good skills. I have a 370 vlad and 380 Baez w bad skills compared to some other guys who are cheaper to level. Also have a 350 mondesi w double R skill instead of a 400 Anderson w 2 out and RIsP but I do think I’ll efentually level the Anderson bc 50 is worth it
    Congrats @Bwianman