Options

Big Dreams Petit a Starter ???

COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
He hasn’t started a game since 2017 (one). Pulled him twice in the gift boxes and could really use him as a reliever.  
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    What happens if I put him in the rotation and they change him to a reliever ?
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    He will stay in your rotation, as long as you don't replace him with someone else.  If you do, you won't be able to put him back in.  They have done the exact thing a couple times earlier in the year.  April's Best Feliz was one.
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited August 2019
    As long as you have him in as a starter, and don't remove him, then he will stay a starter even if/when they change his position.

Edit: I have him as my Ace and will keep him there until I no longer need him, at which point I expect he will have been changed to a reliever where he will probably have a spot waiting for him.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    Thanks @retirepujols ! I just noticed he is getting reliever bonus points compared to Alcantara. 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    The problem is that once he's changed to a reliever, he will have reliever-based attributes. That means that if he's an 'SR', he will get tired after throwing one inning. Hopefully, they get this changed soon.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    I just hope they do it. He already has great reliever skills so they ought to. Have no use for him as a starter after this weekend. 
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    No worries, guys. I pulled him too and submitted a ticket. I have been assured the devs will be notified. Surely they are baseball fans of the highest caliber and will immediately recognize the gaff and deploy a fix, posthaste!

• Options
    I think Petit was an LR last year @DFBB so maybe we will get 3 innings out of him. 
  • Options
    I definitely did not think about that @DFBB, I sure wish I didn't already trade in the guy he replaced 🤦🏻‍♂️ mistakes like these are getting pretty old
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    @retirepujols can you be specific? U referring to glu's mistake? Or the fact that you didn't think things through and traded the old guy in??? Hahaha. Jk man! 😂
    Seriously though, it's my understanding that it's a different department that handles those things. Mistakes happen, but I'm with you. It happens far too often. It shouldn't be that difficult 'proof-read' before releasing the boxes.
  • Options
    I definitely made a mistake, but it was based on their original mistake 🤪 I'm so glad I saw your comment @DFBB, I just asked CS if they could give me my resources back now before the weekend discount is gone so I can level Alcantara and be saved from this impending mess lol
  • Options
    I’m sure your resources are on their way @retirepujols. Agree I hope they do whatever they are going to do before leveling discount is gone. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Nope, they denied me my resources. I'll just have to wait for his position to be changed so I can be screwed out of a new starting pitcher. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I'm hoping Monday's classic reward will be my next Ace 😂
  • Options
    @dkarski87 pointed it out, but he's now been changed to an 'SR.' While many will be upset, I believe his ratings were also a mistake because he was rated as an SP. As is, he's by far, the best bxp SR in the game.
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Very similar stuff rating to Andrew Miller and with the same skills. He gets the edge for being right handed.
  • Options
    marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
    I sure hope they change him to a reliever I really need one!!
  • Options
    Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    I traded in my other 5* SP bc I got petit and now he’s a SR and glu cs basically told me bummer. I only have 4 SPs now, so ridiculous. I never would have spent that on the skils and making him g10 not would have I traded in a 310 SP for xp as I don’t have a guy now. Glu CS is rude and ridiculous about there mistake 
  • Options
    Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    They told me I need to come up with the XP I got for my traded guy and then they’ll give him back to me a bronze 1. That’s ridiculous so I have to pay to upgrade him again and am stuck w a SR as my SP1 since I only have 4 SPs Annd can’t move petit.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Tried him as a starter......wanted out of the game after the 1st!!  LOL

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Luckily I picked this guy up today and capped him for tomorrow.......good times!

• Options
    marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
    Hey who “LOL” at my reliever comment😞😂
  • Options
    I’m with you marc.....happy to have him in the pen. 
  • Options
    Sweet!!!!
  • Options
    @Superapids135 quit your crying and read the message again, it doesn't say you're SOL; it says you need to hit them up when you have some bxp. It sounds to me like they just want to exchange the player for the trade in value you received, but you're bxp broke. What are you blaming them for?
  • Options
    edited August 2019

@bigvivec We have similar pitching staffs (I have the same bullpen though only Petit capped). I have Jon and Sonny Gray and Arrieta capped at sp1-3 (not in that order). Would you spend the rest of resources to cap Bassitt or use that and more to cap Kelly or Mahle? Im in no shape to deal with season appropriately right now so that’s fairly easy. Not sure about the other two though leaning towards simply spending less on Bassitt. 
  • Options
    Looking at what you’ve got is finish off Bassit and see what tomorrow brings for your 5th......skills on Mahle are wonky and Kelly is dated.  Leveling with FP and Weekend Discounts totaling 50% really makes a difference now and will be imperative going on to diamond so might as well practice now and limit leveling to weekend players on the weekend with the discounts active.  At the least run FP during the week if you have to level then.  4 out of 5 starters you can dance around the hole either resigning Nickname searches in bonus games, run a bonus game, wrap or a couple other ways so that you could streak or go through playoffs without hitting the pothole.  
  • Options
    I still win 95% of my games running p3 Bieber and g10 Keeper Ellis out there with other 3 but they will be suspect come diamond. I'm about 50 games into p6 and am going to milk it through the last weekend of August when, as it's a holiday weekend here, there will be both be double gold (hopefully) and ample time for me make a final decision. I much prefer double active skills so Bassitt isn't all that appealing and get your point on the other two.
  • Options
    JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    the frustrating part to me, aside from the obvious leveling vs not leveling of a guy, is the frequency that they are making these mistakes. WOH yesterday... how many freaking eyes look at the prize and sign off on it before release? The classic/allstar reward was serviceable as an OF for me but worthless, aside from bonus points, as a catcher. 
  • Options
    Not to look a gift horse in the mouth (at least for me) but the ambidextrous version was an MR. 
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    This one was obviously going to get corrected but it should have been corrected sooner nonetheless