Best player skills?

HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
I’ve been starting to take the game more serious recently. I’ve noticed I never really looked at skills. I was wondering which skills are most useful or just like which ones are the best?

Also is there a document anywhere that has players ratings at each level as you upgrade them? 

Thanks guys for any help!
I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    For WoH: ideally, you have the platoon advantage and here are the WoH friendly skillls: late innings, woh, vs rhp, vs lhp, risp, runner on base.

For CvC: blowouts, cvc, vs rhp, vs lhp, risp, runners on base, 2 outs, early innings.

I'm probably missing some, but those are just off the top of my head.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
    Ok awesome! I appreciate the info about the skills, I am most definitely going to make sure I upgrade players with those types of skills!  @DFBB thank you so much for the help!!!
    Skills, especially at higher levels, can be very expensive. I have quite a bit of bxp so I basically take everyone to 8/8. My pxp is more limited and as a result, only my elite players get taken to 12/12 skills.
  • Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    I take all my guys to 8 if they start and my primes to 12... if they have a good skill like late inning or RH etc
    -I like runner on skill , right (for pitcher or hitter), late inning, and blowout the best... woh and CvC are usually useful and good as double skills as a backup guy that I’ll play for those specific events
  • HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
    I haven’t really been leveling up the skills too much honestly. I’m afraid to invest too much into one and he be useless haha. What do the end levels usually end up being for the bxp, prime, and legend players?? @DFBB @Superapids135
  • marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
    So what about my prime 420 max Bellinger, with runners on and tie game skills? What’s he good for if anything 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Good if the game is tied and you’ve got a runner.  

The tie tie game skill is very specific;   Not at the top of my list of favorites.  
    I have made the mistake of leveling up skills on guys I’ve replaced. My new rule is to really only go high on primes or maybe if a good versatile skill. Def worth being careful as I regret leveling skills on old POtM potw w single skills and 290-310 overall 
    @HanysYoder Skill costs are the same across the board for all players except for keepers. I don't have the chart in front of me, but it should be:

level
    1)cash
    2)cash
    3)cash
    4)evo
    5)3k bxp
    6)7.5k bxp
    7)15k bxp
    8)evo
    9)5k pxp
    10)10k pxp
    11)25k pxp
    12)evo
    13)5k lxp
    14)10k lxp
    15)25k lxp
    16)evo
    17)1500 gold
    18)3000 gold
    19)4500 gold
    20)evo

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    i am always a big fan of RHP and LHP skills.  I also think the newly introduced ON BASE skill is very useful 
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    I’m thinking of leveling this guy up next for woh, I know he’s only 400 but I think he could be a beast ? Thoughts?
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Didn’t post with other comment 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Runners on has probably become my personal favorite.  The only downside is it not applying for the last few levels of Royale WOH and some other WOH levels,  but generally it's almost across the board useful.  
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    He is a beast @MoenPDC. I pulled him as well and he can be put in ANY part of WoH. Don’t worry about only being a 400 guy. If you level up his skills to 12/12, that will more than enuf for a while. Switch hitting, dbl WoH skill, finishers don’t come along too often. If anything, he will be a viable bat for a long time.
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Wicked0Wildcats , if we assume the skills activate/deactivate according to the situation (even in the middle of the inning), then Runners On will certainly be active most of the time, even in those last few levels of WOH.
     It is also one of my favorites since it applies to all game modes and any pitcher. Especially awesome if the player is a switch hitter with this double skill. Like my 400 prime Danny Santana. 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    @tocopan18

Agree with most of what you said,  but if I can't see it activated when I start the round,  I don't trust it to ever be active.  That's just me, though.  
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I hear you. I'm skeptical too, but a bit optimistic B)
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    Why would I want late innings skills for a starter?

• ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    I don't like late-inning skills on starting pitchers but since capped starting pitchers usually play 9 innings they are useful
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"