Which to cap?

mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
I need another righty for WOH.  I have enough PXP to cap one guy, and I'm trying to decide between Ambidextrous Albies (max 400 with double LHP skills) or Trevor Story (max 420 with LHP and RISP skills).  Since whoever I cap will become my strongest WOH righty, I'm leaning toward Albies since he can be used against Ryu, Sale and other late-round WOH pitchers.  That said, I already have a couple of max 350 guys capped at P10 (I'm in platinum) who have double LHP and double late skills, and they are generally good enough to cycle WOH as it is, so perhaps I'd be better served going with Story due to his higher max.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    I would definitely go for the higher max. The 20 overall boost is great, considering the skills are pretty similar. The risp skill is not a bad skill at all; I would take the 420 story.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Im a huge fan of switch Hitters in this game if you boost their skills they can carry you a loooong way.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    The Albie's is basically right handed though; his two LHP skills make him useless to use as a lefty.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    If it's not an urgent 'need,' I'd hold off and see if you can get a 420 with Ozzie's skills(Longoria, etc.). 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    What he said.  If you can squeeze a week or two more out of your current squad I would wait for chasing that 420 with stacking WOH worthy skills that is sure to come along.
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    edited August 2019
    I cycled both WOH and Royale with relative ease last week, so I suppose there is no particular rush to capping another prime.  I would have to keep saving PXP, of course, because I only have enough at the moment to cap someone who is already at Gold 10 (as both Albies and Story are), but if I'm waiting on a new player anyway, that shouldn't be a problem.

For what it's worth, I also have a max 420 Marte that is a switch hitter with Late and On Base skills who would likely be pretty nice, but he's still back at bronze 1, so it would require more PXP than I currently have to cap him.  Given the raging debate about whether skills actually turn on/off mid-round, I wonder if I'd still be better off waiting for a true double-skill guy though.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @mrwillson It's my opinion that skills do turn on/off accordingly for WoH, but stacked skills are more effective due to the way glu stacks their numbers together. In your original question, if I had to choose one to be my top bat vs leftys, I wouldn't hesitate to choose Ozzie.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.