Cvc/Team,Club strength

sugarshortssugarshorts Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
So I’ve noticed recently, crappy teams putting up good cvc scores.  Like 30k team getting 5 mil in an entry. If they put crappy players in subs and all pitching staff to reduce team strength, does that give them some cvc advantage?

Comments

• mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    My guess is that lower-level teams can more easily max out multiple bonus players (since the XP cost would be significantly less), and then those maxed out bonus guys rake in CvC.  PXP is scarce enough that diamond and platinum players (and even some gold players) simply can't/won't bother to take a bonus player past B.10 or maybe S.10, and those non-leveled players simply aren't going to perform as well in CvC against the higher rated pitchers diamond/platinum teams face.
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Yeah, there's a guy in my club who has a silver team and he's been scoring 5+ million pts during every CvC matchup over the past month. My measly diamond club on the other hand can barely top half a million at best. 
  • WagagagagagaWagagagagaga Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    That is what I think needs addressing, the dis-incentivizing leveling up clubs. Just hanging around in silver and still crushing clubs in plat and diamond in cvc feels wrong. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    What? Why keep your club silver for far lesser CVC rewards? 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    The teams are in silver I suspect these silver teams are still in gold+ clubs.  I tend to take my PotW players to high plat which means they aren’t automatic outs in CvC though I’m usually only good for 1-2M rounds and 2-4M per match though I don’t usually burn all my tickets.  (In a small club now with the top 4 players from my previous club so matchups today were cake)
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    One thing I’ve noticed is that it also seems to be your ranking. I’m gold at 115k and can easily put up a million, but if I’m facing a club in the top 1200 ish the game difficulty goes up imo
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    That is what I think needs addressing, the dis-incentivizing leveling up clubs. Just hanging around in silver and still crushing clubs in plat and diamond in cvc feels wrong. 
    I couldn’t agree more. Glu wants u to move up that’s why silver teams have a hard time winning games but are rewarded during cvc. Maybe silver is the best strategy and where I stay next year.  You don’t have to play bonus games or prime games just cvc and woh. You can get great players from those events plus the little amount of resources to level them up. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    FWIW, once I capped upgrades and pennants for a couple teams my CvC scores in gold surpassed what I was getting in silver. It was dependent of course on having 2+ bonus guys but my pb of 6.2mil for a round was at the end of my time in gold. I put up a 500k round yesterday in plat with Ahmed at G1 though I have been able to get into 1mil with vid restart and a decent manual play run. Upgradesa and pennants are easier to cap in lower tiers for sure so I'm guessing that is where the separation lies.
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    The way CVC scores work is really messed up. For starters, I have noticed that teams in silver face exactly the same pitchers as teams in gold (i'm talking about exact pitcher ratings and such). Not sure about platinum or diamond teams. But based on that logic, you would think those gold+ teams should score waaaayyyy more points than a silver team, because the hitters are way higher. Still, I don't see a real difference in the scores (assuming more or less the same players, skills an bonus players in both teams), and usually silver teams have bigger scores. How can that make any sense? It doesn't at all.
    On a side note, no idea why CVC Clash is so much more difficult than normal CVC sometimes. I understand when facing high rated pitchers, but even versus pitchers less than 100 total, the autoplay gives you a lot less points than normal CVC, like it almost never goes into millions and very few times into hundreds of thousands.
    Clash is very unbalanced, as compared to normal CVC .
    Clash scoring is different than normal CvC, always has been I thought. I personally feel that the hitting model is different than any other event (besides Extra Bases now); WoH, BG's, Prime games, CvC etc. I have been able a couple times to manually put up a couple hundred K points when I'm able to get the timing but it's gone if I play any other mode. I can't recall if it's to swing even later or way earlier and don't care cause the scores overall are such garbage and inconsistent (in Clash).
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited August 2019
    We have a diamond team in our club that swears by playing manually. He does 75+ mill per match. Although, he says it takes forever - sometimes 20 minutes for a single round if it's going really well. He doesn't even have his players leveled up all of the way. I don't get it. LOL.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Funny this is happening to me as I type. Silver solo club dude 109k just put up 2 mil for a round and is up double digit million 🤣😂
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I did notice a big uptick in my scores after maxing my baserunning upgrade which was suprising, also I’d rather use 1 capped bonus player than multiple semi leveled guys, atleast for autoplay.
    Funny this is happening to me as I type. Silver solo club dude 109k just put up 2 mil for a round and is up double digit million 🤣😂
    My club matched up against @dkarski87 ‘s solo club months back and he wiped the floor with us so not surprised. Another club I played with in May got trounced by 2 silver team club that was putting up 10+mil point rounds. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Cant be me, I suck at cvc.lol
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Clash scoring is different than normal CvC, always has been I thought. I personally feel that the hitting model is different than any other event (besides Extra Bases now); WoH, BG's, Prime games, CvC etc. I have been able a couple times to manually put up a couple hundred K points when I'm able to get the timing but it's gone if I play any other mode. I can't recall if it's to swing even later or way earlier and don't care cause the scores overall are such garbage and inconsistent (in Clash).
    Late last season, clash scoring was slashed to 10% of what CVC is because guys were putting up too many points and reaching the 2.14 bill max rather easily. Lately, it's been more frequent. My guess is that the pitchers, which haven't changed all year, will get cranked up soon for CVC. Similarly, I think it's only a matter of time before clash scoring gets greatly reduced again(single is 1 rather than 10, homer is 6 rather than 60, etc.).
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Cant be me, I suck at cvc.lol
    I can confirm.😂
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    At every tier except bronze and plat this season, the closer I got to capping my team, the higher my scores are.  With that said if I can at least get bonus players closer to the cap (i.e. a PotW/PotM player to high plat where they’d be a mid diamond blue player) I tend to do pretty well though I’m not a heavy hitter (career best is 25M for a round)