"Bronze Bombers" weekend

Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
edited August 2019 in General TSB Discussion
Wish me luck...

Nerfed my TS from 132k down to 55k...

Comments

• bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    whats the plan???
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Score club points with no further investment for players that are useless after midnight Sunday...

Chasing Pudge and Boggs got me this flotsam, so I should probably do something with them.
    good luck bro!!!  btw hows the club
    Doing ok.  They have been a little more helpful the last couple days.  I wasn't even the top scorer in Royale...
    That's awesome. Make sure you tell them I said hi
    Will do.

Btw, 6-1 so far with that lineup.  Averaging just over 1 mil/win.  Yes, 6-1... can't believe I lost a prime game, but what ya gonna do?
    The saga continues... Now I have Kinzler at CL, and Vanmetter in the OF.  TS now at 49k...
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Damn @Tdub71 that’s a bad run of luck. I have 3 b1 primes in my lineup this weekend. Very unfortunate pxp has become so scarce 😕. 
    edited August 2019
    @mythicaldragon, it has become more of a morbid experiment at this point.  I am now losing 10-15% of prime games played with this group, but they are still scoring...

I am thinking of taking them up to b10 to see if that will help.  Any thoughts?  The only updates to the initial roster are: b1 Vanmetter in for g10 Kaline; scrub Alex Cobb in for s10 Fiers; b2 Kinzler in for scrub Gallegos.

Edit: and I pulled Crawford a couple more times...
    Update: I couldn't take losing prime games.  That is just plain embarrassing.  I leveled the primes to b10, and the bxp guys to s10.  I am 7k from the pxp reward at 40k, so I may break down and chase Fisk and/or Boggs a little more.  No willpower whatsoever...
  • shwamptonshwampton Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Have Pujols and Crawford as well but cant play em
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Says something about the game when you need to resort to this to make weekend interesting
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @Tdub71 I agree I think b10 is the way to go I took all 3 to b10. Here is Sanchez he’s batting.297 for me up from a .201 
    Edit: I posted wrong picture lol was supposed to be Sanchez.  But anyway all 3 are doing ok for me now Dixon.272 Suarez.280
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    i usually do b10. It’s cheap and gives a little better performance. With 5 bonus players this weekend and only wanting to get to top tier I didn’t waste resources on any of them.   
    Update: Bought 4 Nom Mom's (still so much fun to type), and 12 Villains, to get to the 40k fan rewards.  Repulled Abreu, Suarez, Kiermaier, and Pujols.  Got Soler on the last box.  I capped him, since he will be a strong WOH option after today.

Btw:. I have scored 150 mil club points with this group, but I have seen a dramatic increase in scoring since putting a little bit of xp into them...
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    I have seen a dramatic increase in scoring since putting a little bit of xp into them...
    Agreed. I had one of the legends at b1 Thursday, and a bxp guy (names no longer matter on my team) at gold 1. Legend= 100k per hit, 0.095 avg. Bxp dude= 30k per hit, ~0.400 avg. Needless to say, the small amount of bxp took me much further with a 350 max guy than the b1 legend could ever dream lol. Every 4 hits the bxp guy brought in 120k, while the legend was right on the fence of either having a hit or not for 100k. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    7.8mil points alone so far. 

Final tally and final roster for the weekend.  Not a bad return for the resources used to level.  Never landed Boggs or Fisk, after 40k, but got a nice consultation prize in Soler.  

Conclusion: Chasing legends is a frustrating and ultimately fruitless endeavor.  I do not recommend it...

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Tdub71 said:
    @mythicaldragon, it has become more of a morbid experiment at this point.  I am now losing 10-15% of prime games played with this group, but they are still scoring...

I am thinking of taking them up to b10 to see if that will help.  Any thoughts?  The only updates to the initial roster are: b1 Vanmetter in for g10 Kaline; scrub Alex Cobb in for s10 Fiers; b2 Kinzler in for scrub Gallegos.

• cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    Final tally and final roster for the weekend.  Not a bad return for the resources used to level.  Never landed Boggs or Fisk, after 40k, but got a nice consultation prize in Soler.  

Conclusion: Chasing legends is a frustrating and ultimately fruitless endeavor.  I do not recommend it...

Damn dude you have a lot of gold. Just spent 40k and still have 60k left. Also, it’s kind of sad to see you spent 40k gold scored 286m points and got 11th place whose rewards are no where near what you put in to get there. We need the weekend rewards revamped. 
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    The weekend rewards are terrible. I don’t even consider them. I don’t think I’ve stayed in a club to collect them more than once or twice all year.