Options

Am I ready for gold? Tips and advice

marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts

Here is my team minus my 350 max Petit and Greene in the bullpen. I have 9 million cash, 14k gold, 270k Prime, 170k bxp, and 1400 evo. I expect to upgrade Trout over Ichiro for now.

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    If that was my team, I'd approach it this way:

***cap Ichiro=125k bxp
    ***cap Trout=75k pxp(with the 30% discount; many of these clubs are public)
    ***I'd also buy some Villian boxes and hope for: Abreu/Soler/Machado. At the minimum, I'd reach the 10k tier and cap Dixon(75k pxp with the 30% discount)

Going the route above, you will have at minimum: a capped Ichiro, a Capped prime Trout, a Capped prime Dixon. Ideally, you also get one of the trio that I mentioned. You have enough pxp to cap three primes(with the discount). You'll also be able to cap at least two other bxp players. Hopefully, that's Machado and Scooter. Stallings would also be a solid choice. I'd ignore pitching entirely for now. You'll be able to cycle Classic easily and rack up bxp that way. After Monday's classic, I'd cap 1-2 more bats. I wouldn't worry about pitching at all for another week.

It's also refreshing to see that you have a nice chunk of cash. I'd immediately cap: hitting/trainer/clutch/in the zone. Gl man! 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    This sounds great, but the thing is, I don’t play enough to easily spend all that gold. I could do 2500 and stock up on double gold. But I would like to cap my prime starters for season mode playoffs for more prime. Which clubs get the 30% discount? I’d love to join @DFBB
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Fair enough, but you do have the resources to absolutely crush right off the bat. I just did a quick search:

-discount depot
    -30 discount 30
    -30 discount gold
    -3 discount
    -discount handoff
    -discount bandits

There are actually several others as well. Many are public because it's the most efficient way to level up a club to plat/diamond for cvc rewards. Make sure that when you join, it's actually a 30% discount club. You'll see it as soon as you check the 'improve' screen.

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    @DFBB I will check them out!
  • Options
    So they are plat/diamond clubs?
  • Options
    Where do I check for my own club we are a platinum club
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited August 2019
    No, the discount clubs have earned the 30% discount with a top finish in Thursday's bonus game event. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    Oh so my club has definitely not made that lmao I’ll look for a club if you guys know any thank you
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    @dfbb posted some earlier in the thread.  A lot of them will be set to private until after the current CVC matchup is over.
  • Options
    Oh okay awesome I could join Monday 👌🏼
  • Options
    Some of you guys are making me feel like I should stay in silver😂
  • Options
    marcoslo said:
    Oh okay awesome I could join Monday 👌🏼
    No, sir. The discount is only active during the weekend event. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    @retirepujols ah crap, well maybe next weekend, but idk maybe silver is the place to stay 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    In any case, you save 30% of resources when leveling a weekend bonus player (during the same weekend) in a discount club. That may not be necessary in silver, but it's still nice to save resources; even in silver 😊
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    In any case, you save 30% of resources when leveling a weekend bonus player (during the same weekend) in a discount club. That may not be necessary in silver, but it's still nice to save resources; even in silver 😊
    RP gets an additional 5 percent discount on all discount club referrals he generates. 
  • Options
    Now it makes sense