Mystery boxes

bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
They put same two boxes in store. 1 with a pity timer. 1 without 🧐
First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.

Comments

• BigburgBigburg Registered Users, Member 150 Posts
    Different gold costs?
  • marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
    @Bigburg nope same cost and players 
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    The one without a pity timer has slightly higher odds of pulling a player.
    These boxes are AMAZING, definitely buying a couple, a few, a bunch lol. 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Im waiting til fan rewards hope they dont fix it.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Oh joy, Braves stuff...
    Just no.  
    Who disagrees with me? I really like most of these players for my team
    The bxp players are awful but I’m hoping for a prime or.....legend
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Hey @Houmy how much are you in to chasing chipper? 
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    Anyone get Dale Murphy?  I would love to see a screenshot of him level up, he was always a class act.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I'm actually uninstalling the app right after next weeks VIP gift and will probably just reinstall once a month for the gifts. Not playing at all these days and somehow end up buying boxes/gold here and there so it's coming off the phone altogether. Focusing on poker instead 😉
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Am I the only one who likes the box?
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Houmy said:
    I'm actually uninstalling the app right after next weeks VIP gift and will probably just reinstall once a month for the gifts. Not playing at all these days and somehow end up buying boxes/gold here and there so it's coming off the phone altogether. Focusing on poker instead 😉
    I’m trying to decide if it is worth reinstalling just for the VIP gift next week
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    It is
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Got Chipper on my 3rd box. Didn't really want anyone since I have no resources besides BXP. Spent my remaining gold since it's the only fun thing to do anymore. But I will not buy any gold.
  • XWizardxXWizardx Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    @dkarski87 I respectfully disagree. If the intent is to walk away then run don't delete and reinstall. I've done that myself more than once with the lure of coming back and hoping it gets better. Not intended to be negative but this game for most is now about getting bonus players on Monday, Wednesday and Friday to compete (or help out your club) for the next couple of days. I appreciate the discipline of those that focus on improving their teams and ignore the allure of the bonus players to contribute significantly to club events. As a relatively new solo club participant I'm amazed by how many solo clubs I compete against at a high level.

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Just one more time @Bigpredfan 💉 
    I take it back I bought 4 got the 2 free ones, all I got was Charlie Culbertson. I only wanted xp from the POTW box, and got Cahna
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    edited August 2019
    They just change the pictures to the left of the stats. I haven’t bought a box in going on three weeks. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    XWizardx said:
    @dkarski87 I respectfully disagree. If the intent is to walk away then run don't delete and reinstall. I've done that myself more than once with the lure of coming back and hoping it gets better. Not intended to be negative but this game for most is now about getting bonus players on Monday, Wednesday and Friday to compete (or help out your club) for the next couple of days. I appreciate the discipline of those that focus on improving their teams and ignore the allure of the bonus players to contribute significantly to club events. As a relatively new solo club participant I'm amazed by how many solo clubs I compete against at a high level.

LOL......one day at a time brotha!!!!

The game is different things for different people.  Bonus Monday being the focus for most I don’t see as a truth at all.  

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I really feel like a lab monkey the way the marketing department keeps running different product packaging at us.  
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    I really feel like a lab monkey the way the marketing department keeps running different product packaging at us.  
    It's different, for sure, and I can see it being a little annoying, but brass tacks, same boxes, same price, one with a pity timer, one with slightly better odds. Seems simple to me. If you want to buy a lot, like I'm guessing Brother @marcoslo does, buy the pity timer box. If not, buy the higher odds box. The ones from Fan Rewards were the pity timers, FWIW. 

I've yet to get a player from a box since the pity timer was introduced, so I'm paying an insane premium on very small amounts of xp (0.5 gold per 1 bxp and 1g/1 pxp is nothing short of insulting). I've been pushed down the "anti-improvement/anti-club route," so I'm really enjoying my experience as a lab monkey 🙄
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Not really into these boxes but I’ve gone thru 4 and have only pulled Bxp??
    Shouldn’t it be easier to pull Pxp?
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Guess I’d dumped my Trea Turner too soon. 
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I know what the odds said, but it sure seemed like 100% BXP to me.