Diamond Needs

mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
I took the plunge to diamond last night after completing a ton of BGs while making a run at a top 5 Thursday finish.  Given all the recent changes to WOH, I want to make sure I'm in position to still cycle Classic with relative ease.

I was able to immediately bring a Max 450 Legend (Luis Gonzalez, double RHP) to D4, a Max 420 Prime (Soler, double Late) to D5, and two other BXP bats (one lefty and one righty, both with double WOH skills) to D5.  So that's 2 lefties and 2 righties at D5.  I also have three Max 390/400/420 Primes capped at P10 already, giving me 7 bats at 300+ before boost.  All guys have double WOH-relevant skills at 8/8 (except for Gonzalez and Soler, who are at 12/12).  Will that be enough to cycle Classic, or will I need more?  How about Royale on Wednesday?

For what it's worth, I still have enough BXP and PXP on hand to bring 3 more BXP bats and one more PXP bat to D5, or I could put those resources toward bringing one or more of my current D5 guys up to D10.  What is the best approach?  Thanks in advance.

Comments

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Given that there’s been increases in the overalls of everything I’d wait at least to see what’s offered today before you level anything up further.  350 bats skilled properly still win at classic and you still seem to have at least 2 above a 350 rating.  Ideally you’ll want 2L/2R at least above the 350 threshold going forward as difficulty will pick up.  My roster before picking up PotM Alvarez (get him if you can and cap him as he has ideal WoH skills at LHB and would be 440 this month and 380 after which for bxp will still be good for a mid round bat for a bit after) is a 350 D10 blue set, a D6 Thames, a D7 Contreras and a 370 Gurriel (probably a mid round bat going forward).  Also consider bringing any of your closing bats, top 4 at least in skills up to 10+.  All of my bats are at minimum 9/9, with my top bats at 10/10 and my new Alvarez I splurged and went 13/13 with as I’m going to abuse him to get a few bats this month especially if I see someone similar to Scoscia in HoF.  Don’t be afraid in the right situation to reuse your premium bats in more than one round (100 gold to reuse your best bat is much better than 2 or 3 restarts with a lesser bat if you struggle with a matchup).
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Last Monday was my first WoH in diamond with prime 420 Rizzo at D6 and Gamel & Cron capped (both max 350). I brought 3-5 of my best 350 max players to D1 and prime 390 Bogaerts to D1. Cycle capped Didi without issue, 15 cycles total. I also changed teams for live boost to be safe. Not sure what to expect with the boosts recently for next Monday however.
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    @redlegs2018u Thanks.  I'm definitely going to be chasing Alvarez today once fan rewards start.  I could immediately bring him to D5, but not much higher.  He would be the first guy I would try to cap at D10 using BXP earned through Monday cycling (assuming I have the power to still do so).  Right now my lefty closer is Gonzalez (currently at 387 pre-boost with 12/12 skills) and my righty closer is Soler (371 with 12/12 skills).  After that, I have a 324 and 4 309s (all pre-boost).  I'm hoping that's enough to get through Level 5 fairly easily.

All of that said, if the weekend boxes have a nice BXP guy or two that I could cap to D10 by using a discount club, I might go that way and wait to cap Alvarez (assuming I can land him) using BXP earned through WOH on Monday.
    @dustyhunks Thanks.  It sounds like my setup will be pretty similar to yours with the exception of my No. 3 bat only being at 324 rather than 350.  I could bring up my No. 3 to 350 pretty easily, but that would prevent me from maxing a weekend guy if I land one, so I guess I'll wait and see how things develop over the weekend.
    Well, I don't see anyone in the weekend boxes worth chasing unfortunately, at least not from a BXP perspective.  And I don't have enough PXP to take a new guy higher than about D1, so I guess I'll just wait for fan rewards and chase Alvarez.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I cycle classic 15 times weekly with all 350 players. My only d10 prime bat is horrible in woh so I don’t even use him. Rhp for prime vlad sucks in woh. Tommy laStella is my go to guy. He also does the trick on Wednesday’s 
  • Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    It sounds like you should be in pretty good shape for Monday.  Wednesday could be a different story, but I think you’ve got enough to get it done, and if you can get PotM Alvarez up there that’ll definitely help too with level 5 being so righty heavy.
  • tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    @dustyhunks. Man I'm jelly. I have prime bogaerts at d3 prime garver at d3 and no capped 350 players but 2 double WOH at d6 and d7. I got no where close to 15 cycles. I think I got 5. Skills aren't too great either. But I wanna cycle cap soo bad. 
    2003cobra said:
    I cycle classic 15 times weekly with all 350 players. My only d10 prime bat is horrible in woh so I don’t even use him. Rhp for prime vlad sucks in woh. Tommy laStella is my go to guy. He also does the trick on Wednesday’s 
    The last few weeks I’d been using RH double late innings Hiura, this month I was fortunate enough to pull Alvarez and he was capped immediately so for at least a month I can see how some live with a genuine bat.  I average 10-20 on Monday’s, did 3 on Wednesday though moreso due to lack of motivation (bad primes + low pxp).
    Cycle capping is virtually the only way to do it. Doing it once to get the player is all good and well but really doesn’t get u anywhere. Well maybe you can pat yourself on the back like I do on Wednesday’s. 
    2003cobra said:
    Cycle capping is virtually the only way to do it. Doing it once to get the player is all good and well but really doesn’t get u anywhere. Well maybe you can pat yourself on the back like I do on Wednesday’s. 
    I still will go through it a few times just because it still is a net gain for cash with a small puddle of exp from crappy picks but yeah I know lol.
    2003cobra said:
    I still will go through it a few times just because it still is a net gain for cash with a small puddle of exp from crappy picks but yeah I know lol.
    I’m with you in that. I might do a couple on Wednesday but mostly do tourneys to set me up for Thursday.