Options

Royale on the weekend??

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
I mean, it sure sounds like it, right? Or am I reading too much into things? If it does happen, weekends will be a tad more fun! 😊

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev13

Comments

• Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Sure would be an improvement but I’d like to see maybe a new mode or something, well anything that doesn’t have the prime event being the only event 4/7 days, with an extra day on Royale.  Then again I’ve used weekends the last few months to either just play D6 cycles or just buy boxes when there have been players that interested me.
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    It's probably just the return of extra bases, but on the weekend lol
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    It's probably just the return of extra bases, but on the weekend lol
    Lol, probably right there.
  • Options
    COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    EB is just another CvC so hopefully more of a shake-up than that. Hoping @DFBB is right. 
  • Options
    COWPILEY said:
    EB is just another CvC so hopefully more of a shake-up than that. Hoping @DFBB is right. 
    I'm fairly confident it's not an EB reference. I think @retirepujols was just joking. lol
  • Options
    criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    get me some slugfest or gold battles
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Current routine has got stale for me I'm considering investing in all my sluggers lol. Cvc rewards haven't really changed in months it feels like, other than a few hundred extra xp here and there. I was really hoping Sep would see lxp leak into cvc rewards a little - even 1k to start
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Yes, just joking with a hint of seriousness 😉 I wouldn't be surprised if whatever they have in store has a similar release to extra bases, though. I have low hopes and low expectations, so I should be pleasantly surprised no matter what it is 👍🏻
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    benny100 said:
    Current routine has got stale for me I'm considering investing in all my sluggers lol. Cvc rewards haven't really changed in months it feels like, other than a few hundred extra xp here and there. I was really hoping Sep would see lxp leak into cvc rewards a little - even 1k to start
    I did ask about cvc rewards. The rank rewards for the clubs were updated almost immediately with lxp while the mvp/high score have been stagnant for months. It's not an accident and my guess is that the 'glove fairy' was a bit of an influence. 
  • Options
    greg24211greg24211 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    Would love Royale. Prime events are just so freaking boring.
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    Say if they do change The weekend to Royale style the weekend,what happens to Wednesdays? @DFBB
  • Options
    Say if they do change The weekend to Royale style the weekend,what happens to Wednesdays? @DFBB
    Weds will be back to  SF day!!! Jk, lol. I have no idea what they're going to do. 
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Think about having all weekend to cycle cap a player oh woh. Some of you guys would do it 50 times and not have to use any resources to get him to d10
  • Options
    FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    Maybe it's going to be extra EXTRA bases?!??
    Just no.  
  • Options
    I like the idea of a woh weekend, I would have time to get 10+ cycles in again 😃 of course, guys like @DFBB would shoot for 100 cycles so I doubt that would happen (unless the rewards were drastically reduced/difficulty drastically increased). I like the idea of slugfest on the weekend, but unless they do that and add PXP or LXP to the mix; I don't see their stance on ignoring slugfest changing. The newsletter mentioned, in horrendous English, that it will increase club play. That really just sounds like better CVC rewards to me, or possibly a change to CVC altogether. Perhaps an extra reward for each participating member of the club to promote club play rather than solo play? Man, who knows. They kept it perfectly vague enough to get us asking questions 😅
  • Options
    tjj81tjj81 Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    I wonder how many people actually still play slugfest 
  • Options
    tjj81 said:
    I wonder how many people actually still play slugfest 
    I just started 🙃 I never gave it a chance, and I wish I didn't ignore it! 
  • Options
    duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts

• Options
    duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    i want these boxes back
  • Options
    FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    How premium was that xp?
    Just no.  
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    DFBB said:
    benny100 said:
    I did ask about cvc rewards. The rank rewards for the clubs were updated almost immediately with lxp while the mvp/high score have been stagnant for months. It's not an accident and my guess is that the 'glove fairy' was a bit of an influence. 
    This should have no relevance on what they are doing with the CVC rewards.  Because their are many that dont even know what your talking about or what it pertains too. There not giving us PXP or LXP because there company is headed down the toilet and they need to milk as much money as possible from idiots like me who spend gold on XP boxes. There nothing more then con artists. Just like the weekend boxes, we went from primes on box max counts to now any player pull on 10 or 15. Without notice or heads up like they were trying to hide it and then got bombarded but hate mail and had to respond.

Bottom line, I would bet money that their retention rate for next year will be cut in half, they keep feeding us BS in every newsletter each month and its the same old crap. New updates, new this, new that... They cant even fix the current  version yet they keep saying new things are coming. Their desperate and any smart person can see that.

Once the season is over and Football comes into full swing they will be desperate and that's when they will adjust their current PR strategy.  @DFBB all the talk of changes and improvements are falling on def ears, they used you as an escape goat because we all know and value your opinion on the forums. They flew you out to SF, handed you some gifts,  VIP of month, etc. But nothing has changed, same as old shit just another day. I know @DFBB better then almost everyone here so I give him a hard time. IMO they used him to try and save face. To 90% of the people on here, we all value and appreciate what he does and they exploited that.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    @dkarski87 dude, it was really an accident. I didn't realize you weren't done with silver boxes. 😬

On a more serious note, while I don't share your opinion of Glu, I do think it was a rather poor decision to go from guarantee primes/legends to 'any player.' To top it off, botching the description didn't exactly make for a pleasant surprise. 

• Options
    Just to be clear, he did deserve it 100% and glad he got VIP honors. No one does more then Alex on these forums. I think they just used him and exploited him, the way I see it anyways. Alex is well known and liked here and they took the opportunity to save face. BTW, I think @Houmy was the first ever VIP of the month last year when they started doing it. So to pick sides or anything but I am  a @Houmy supporter if he ever comes back and wants to run against @DFBB.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I wonder if @dkarski87 's attitude would change if he owned an iPhone... 🤔
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I wouldn’t call them con artists but they’re are definitely ruthless when it comes to marketing and promotions.  They know what buttons to push that’s for sure and are endlessly testing new combinations on us to see which sells the best.  Middle day of the weekend which is almost over the deals in the specials are the most consumer friendly.  Those will soon be pinned and replaced with desperation driven specials for those who are trying to get players leveled before the weekend window closes.  It isn’t illegal and it’s not dumb;  super effective really but let’s call it what it is - purely exploitative sales tactics. Do we “deserve” better?  There is no obligation built into a capitalist sales model.......so no, we don’t deserve anything per se.  However when we say that this is going to kill off the business and drive players away from the game, those are not hollow threats either, only observations.  It is happening already and will continue.  
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Only glu really knows how it’s working out. We know what the reactions are from the forum members and for the most part it’s not good. What would happen if we all stopped spending and just played for free? I had some pretty good teams in the past that I didn’t spend any money on and still had fun playing the game. I’m not gonna quit playing but I have slowed down on time and money spent. I’m not chasing players due to the cost of getting them to d10 so I’m not buying the player boxes or the specials. Mostly resource boxes for me. 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @2003cobra Yah I got Brett and can’t even get close to leveling him (and that’s with a 40 percent discount) even though I’ve been saving LXP since it became available. 
  • Options
    I wonder if @dkarski87 's attitude would change if he owned an iPhone... 🤔
    @bigvivec said yes they are a business that needs to make money but this year their greed is on a whole other level. Its September and you can even earn 100 pxp or lxp cycling WOH. Those of that cycle HOF every Monday really only look forward 1 day a week now, Wednesday will hopefully become better if they added some xp into the mode because the cost of cycling isn't worth investing the amount needed for the prize. 
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I still enjoy the game but it’s becoming more and more of a burden then fun and I’m only gold. If I didn’t have the time and money invested I definitely wouldn’t be playing any where near as much. 
  • Options
    This thread went way off topic. While I don't agree with the general sentiment, I can definitely appreciate and respect that it's a fairly accurate representation of the community. I'm not referring to just these forums, but in general, I've observed similar opinions elsewhere.