Switching Clubs

xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
I keep reading how most of you guys jump clubs depending on events and even during individual events.  I've tried to search the forum but haven't found anything explaining the mechanisms on how to do this.  Can anyone help?  

I'm G6, AS9, 90k almost ready to jump to platinum.
Prev1

Comments

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Go to Clubs, spend any remaining loyalty (unless really small as you will lose this), go to My Club, click Leave, will ask if you are sure, Leave, you will then see a club search page where you can either join any of the recommended clubs that are public with openings, or search for a club name if you know where you want to go. Private clubs require an invite. You can only be invited if you are not in a club. Good luck !
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Thanks @COWPILEY.

What about the strategy behind the move?   I'm in a P6 club where I'm the most active player.  Win a fair share of CVC and Clash battles per week to build resources.   What's the advantage of jumping clubs, especially during an event?
    Depends on the individual situation. I spent a ton on bonus players last weekend and when it became evident that this one silver guy with bonus players was going to snipe me in every CvC match, I bailed mid-event so as not to go home empty handed. If you leave that P6 club, let me know the name so I can take your spot ;-) Seriously, I’m finding the grass is rarely greener. Your situation sounds pretty good unless the chemistry is crappy. 
  • ReecesReeces Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    I jump clubs on weekend to level up players... using the FP and .3 leveling discount is a BIG deal!!! Other than that... I do not see any advantage to jumping besides going to another club to do cvc or to help out a friends club that may need points...
    Staying at GOLD in 2020....

Thanks again.  Only been playing since June, this forum sometimes  seems like it's in a different language.   

What are these discount clubs?

Good chemistry in my club but we've had multiple VIP teams join and drop immediately since the weekend. They don't play in events, just join and leave. 
    Likely CvC snipers. These poachers are a huge issue IMHO. At least EVO hunters donate to the club so it is win-win. 
  • TCFORTWINSTCFORTWINS Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    My strategy has been to pick a good club and stick with them. I can learn lots from the veteran players, once they trust me. I'm not sure it's a great strategy but it works for me and I'm a loyal guy.
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I use one with a lower number when I’m far from the hole and one with a higher number when I’m closer to the hole. 
    Discount clubs pop up on the weekends after they take 1st on Thursday.  You can find a forum thread on the weekends (thanks @retirepujols !) or just leave and search for discount and they will pop up. They earn a 30% discount on leveling and skills for any (and ONLY) players in that weekend boxes. You join, upgrade your player(s), make a donation, and leave. Absolutely huge to level a gold or above player. Make sure it is a .3 discount as .2 and .1 are also awarded. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited September 2019
    I've played in a lot of clubs, and jumped into probably thousands. On mondays and wednesdays I stay in one club throughout the event, but the rest of the time I jump all over the place. For me, cvc rewards are more important to my team than event rewards. Even if you dont want to jump during events, you may be able to find different clubs that work better during different events (one may be better on mondays, one may be better on wednesdays, another for the weekend). This may sound weird, but I've met a lot of cool people by playing in their club randomly and it adds an extra element to the game for me. Some of those guys I see in clubs and we'll chat for a bit, some of them I talk to in club chats on line. There's value in playing with a solid group all the time, but for me I like the free roaming aspect.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    xracman said:
    Thanks again.  Only been playing since June, this forum sometimes  seems like it's in a different language.   

What are these discount clubs?

Good chemistry in my club but we've had multiple VIP teams join and drop immediately since the weekend. They don't play in events, just join and leave. 
    If they jump in and right back out they are evo hunters and they are looking to see how close you are to leveling up. If your close they will then post it in global chat and others will join. They will donate the resources needed(usually gloves) and collect the evo. They will then leave the club. If your not close they will leave immediately. 
    Maybe, but during a CvC match ?
    During CVC they're definitely looking for a spot to snipe/inactive club. That's an art form in it's its own right lol
    I thought there were rules about not getting points and prizes if you joined a club after an event started.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @xracman
    they cannot get event rewards but CVC is open game... which is stupid! Even if they come in, drop points, and leave again before the match is over, their points still remain. 
    Just as a bonus, they usually overkill the match putting up millions so the next match(es) are usually hosed as well.
    So you can get a CVC high round or MVP award even if you've left the club?
  • WagagagagagaWagagagagaga Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    This is really a great thread for the casual player that is looking to add a different dimension to the game. Thanks!
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I don't believe they still get the reward but the club they left still get to use there points in the matchup.
  • Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    Does starting a new club after an event has started work the same as joining a club after the event has started (you don’t get any rewards for that event)?
    So if they don't get the rewards, why join the club for the event?
    xracman said:
    What exactly are you asking here? 
    The “gentlemen” I’ve encountered too many times collect as soon as the match is over and then leave. 
  • Mickey01023Mickey01023 Registered Users 54 Posts
    If you go to a .3 club & have the field pass, do you get 50% off for leveling players?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    If you go to a .3 club & have the field pass, do you get 50% off for leveling players?
    Yes, if it's the weekend bonus players.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    COWPILEY said:
    Discount clubs pop up on the weekends after they take 1st on Thursday.  You can find a forum thread on the weekends (thanks @retirepujols !) or just leave and search for discount and they will pop up. They earn a 30% discount on leveling and skills for any (and ONLY) players in that weekend boxes. You join, upgrade your player(s), make a donation, and leave. Absolutely huge to level a gold or above player. Make sure it is a .3 discount as .2 and .1 are also awarded. 

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Does starting a new club after an event has started work the same as joining a club after the event has started (you don’t get any rewards for that event)?
    Yeah don’t do that.  You don’t get any rewards.  You must start s new club before the event starts to qualify to earn rewards.  
    xracman said:
    What exactly are you asking here? 
    @retirepujols I said event when I meant cvc match. I was reacting to what @ksmets said. If you join a club for a CVC match, drop points and leave before the CVC match ends, you don't get the reward or the box.  And @COWPILEY said something about leaving an unwinnable match to not go home empty handed.