Gold HR Battles

Bighead38Bighead38 Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
I tried it out but get matched against guys who are gold level 10 when I’m using a silver 10 batter. How does it decide who you face?

Comments

• benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Based on your team level - are you gold?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    If you're gold, you will have other gold teams. The problem is really bad at higher tiers because there's so much discrepancy among the sluggers from each diamond team.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I really wish they would change the time of these gold battles. 2pm PST would be understandable on a Saturday or Sunday, but on a Thursday while the majority of people are working is just inconvenient.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • CalNateCalNate Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    edited September 2019
    I also think this should be a scheduled event, or at least one where they give you notice at say 9:00 or 10:00 am PST (using times GLU does when boxes come out or bonus players are announced).  I don’t understand why they give 30 minutes notice for these.

on a positive note-  I absolutely love these events!
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    CalNate said:
    I also think this should be a scheduled event, or at least one where they give you notice at say 9:00 or 10:00 am PST (using times GLU does when boxes come out or bonus players are announced).  I don’t understand why they give 30 minutes notice for these.

on a positive note-  I absolutely love these events!
    Dude - with your slugger line up you must kill it! 

It pushed me to play slugfest for the first time in months yesterday to pick up Meadows - he did good for me today but need a few others like him lol!
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    I only got notice with 40 minutes left, won bout 1400 gold in that time with this lineup

• CalNateCalNate Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    Not really.  Given the level of my sluggers (I have the last 10 of the sluggers awarded from slugfest) I’ve always made a decent amount of gold, but I’m no better than an average slugfest player.

The thing about theses battles is given the nature of the game- most people with bad sluggers don’t play at all, or play a few games and realized they are overmatched, so they quit.  You’re primarily facing people with equal slugger strength, so the edge is how good you are at hitting the really long home runs.

I really like the 1 v. 1 instant competition.  There isn’t anything else quite like it in the game.  It would be nice it were more inclusive, but I have no idea about how you would go about doing that.
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I didn't get to play much yesterday, went 15-4 , made 800 gold, 850 gloves, 1260 xp.  I really like the event, the close matchups are exciting.