I’m an idiot

mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
edited September 2019 in General TSB Discussion
I created a new solo club last week that I plan to build up over time, and it’s only at Silver III so far (I have a second device that holds the club when I want to club hop to hunt EVO). After playing some tournaments to earn BGs today, I went to donate some balls so I could buy some loyalty boxes and replenish my cash.

Well, I accidentally donated all 90K+ balls I had. All of them. Not only are they long gone, but now I’m sitting on 2M+ loyalty points in a new-ish silver club where loyalty boxes cost only 5K or so. That means I’m stuck here and can’t EVO hunt until all 2M loyalty points get spent. I feel so trapped. 

I submitted a ticket to CS to see if there is anything they can/will do to reverse this mistake on my part, but I don’t have my hopes up. I can’t believe I accidentally clicked that donate button ...

Comments

• tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    That's sucks.
    Also when donating you have to keep in mind that if you donate enough resources to jump 2+
     levels (say from silver 2 to silver 4 or 5), you only get rewards for the last jump, which also sucks. It is better to donate just enough to jump one level, collect, then keep donating (or waiting for a later time if you don't care)
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Dang. Sorry about that @mrwillson. I've actually worried about making the same mistake. It happens. GL with CS.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    I created a new solo club last week that I plan to build up over time, and it’s only at Silver III so far (I have a second device that holds the club when I want to club hop to hunt EVO). After playing some tournaments to earn BGs today, I went to donate some balls so I could buy some loyalty boxes and replenish my cash.

Well, I accidentally donated all 90K+ balls I had. All of them. Not only are they long gone, but now I’m sitting on 2M+ loyalty points in a new-ish silver club where loyalty boxes cost only 5K or so. That means I’m stuck here and can’t EVO hunt until all 2M loyalty points get spent. I feel so trapped. 

I submitted a ticket to CS to see if there is anything they can/will do to reverse this mistake on my part, but I don’t have my hopes up. I can’t believe I accidentally clicked that donate button ...
    That sucks man - that stupid slider has caught out many of us in some way over the years - its crying out for a box where you type the donation amount of gloves, balls or helmets. I hate when u leave it a few gloves short and u spend the next 5 minutes trying to get the slider as low as possible - the more you have the harder it is!
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Check pm
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    UPDATE: As expected, CS told me I was SOL and that “all sales are final.” I guess that means all accidental donations too. 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Afraid there are many pot-holes where you can accidentally dump a bunch of resources that are only one stray click away. We’ve all done it. 
  • CrushCity0722CrushCity0722 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Newbie here. How do you select amount to donate to the club? Do I understand correctly that I don’t tap DONATE, or else it will send all Helmets, Balls, etc?
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    There is a slider bar at the bottom you can adjust the amount
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• CrushCity0722CrushCity0722 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Also, what is expected level of weekly contribution to the club? I just started, so I hv 9K helmets, and 38K Balls. Is there a benefit to keeping those items, other than mobility to next club options?
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    that's a matter of what you want to do with your club? are you solo? when you donate you can get boxes in the clubs Shop tab...in those boxes (dependant on your club level) are anything from cash, franchise coins, evo, draft picks to help level your team. Use them to your hearts desire, the higher your club the better your rewards in competition.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

Always fun to see a thread I started long ago about an absolutely stupid mistake I made unexpectedly resurface months later.  Good times.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Bahah I didn't even realize this was an old thread. I might put a reminder on my phone to bump this every couple of months just to have you relive the trauma.  :D Did you finish spending those loyalty points yet? 
    It took me several days to get them spent, but it only went that quickly because @retirepujols talked some people into helping me level the club far enough to let me spent loyalty points at significant levels.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Ha!  I made a similar mistake with my solo club a couple weeks ago, albeit on a smaller scale.  I left behind 250K unspent loyalty points
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Ha! Poor @mwilson829 was stuck in his club well before the cooldown 🤣 atleast your club went gold that day lmao
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71