Options

Question about my legend?

HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
i was thinking about staying gold for a while. I know my legend is pretty much useless later on because the so prices. But I was thinking is it a good idea for me to recreate my legend rn and power him up all the way to gold just to have another high bat. I created him kind of dumb when I first started because I didn't know how into this game I would get. Do you guys think it’s worth it to make a new one with high hit if I’m gonna stay at gold for a while? Or should I still just stay away? 
I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    If you don't have any keepers(and I don't think you do), I'd level him to gold. At this stage in the game, there's not much to spend bxp on and the fact that he will continue to evolve will keep him relevant. If it were me, I'd pay the 500g and reset him to an OPS switch hitter with vs rhp skill at whatever position you need. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited September 2019
    I also disagree with @dfbb here, somewhat 🙃. I remade my legend, and the resources needed are DUMB. before I even capped him in gold, I had no use for him. Now, if you're a slugfest guy, then his value is increased. He gets better over time, but even with the bumps the guy can be QUICKLY replaced since he only has one skill. Also, I'm judging the amount of bxp you have. Personally, I'd save that for new guys' skills and future potm guys 😉
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I'm going to summon my inner @retirepujols and say that I somewhat agree with him. Honestly, you have so many options. You can redo your ML and be ok or you can use that bxp to always cap whatever potw/potm you want, as well as use it towards skills. ML is far from a game changer so I certainly wouldn't hate that strategy.  Your play style is also an important factor. For example, I play a ton and bxp would be easy to grind so I wouldnt hesitate to use it on ML.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I strongly disagree with these guys somewhat disagreeing, but I agree with what they said. 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I mostly agree with @Base15
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I am gold and have my legend set correctly at gold 10, as he sits on my inactive list.  While it may seem you are loaded with bxp, I would resist wasting it on a temporary fix.  The bxp is very useful when you pull bxp bonus guys.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
    Thank you guys so much for all the great tips about how to use the bxp. I feel like the PoTM and PoTW would definitely be more valuable than the legend with one skill. 
    My other question would be how long do these players last? I figure they would end them with the regular season but idk  haha 
    I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole