Options

Leveling Pitchers

checkitmylescheckitmyles Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
How high do you typically level your starters? I'm in silver and going to be moving up to gold soon (just need to resource hoard a little more), but I want to know if I should plan on leveling my starting pitchers up at all? I have a B10 Tom Seaver, and he's my only legend, so he's the only one I would level up really if necessary (don't want to waste pxp on pitchers). But should I plan on at least getting my 2-4 SPs (Odorizzi, deGrom, Happ, all primes) to S1 and use the gold and evo on that? And should I spend on Seaver to get him up to S10 or even G1 if I make the move to Gold?

Comments

• Options
    Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    Imo you don’t really need prime pitchers. I have all BXP pitchers in gold and they all have an ERA between 1 and 2. They are all G10, but I started Gold with my pitchers not leveled and did just fine. 
  • Options
    checkitmylescheckitmyles Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    Okay cool, I have a Zach Eflin and Tyler Mahle who are both bxp pitchers and it would be far easier to upgrade them. Would even be nice to trade in one of my pxp pitchers to get more for my prime hitters.

Just out of curiosity, when you say you started Gold with your pitchers not leveled, do you mean they were G1? Or still B or S?
  • Options
    Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    edited September 2019
    They were S10. I probably upgraded some to G1. I was spending gold during fan rewards so I did a little of that to reach a tier. 

When I went gold prime and legend hitters weren’t prevalent so your results could be different, but I think you will be ok. 
  • Options
    fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    I trade in all Prime/Legend pitchers after their bonus events are over. Never level them past B10.