9-25-19 Royale: WoH and low expectations...

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Well, the 'early' royale reveal was nice while it lasted. I'm hoping for a pitcher or it'll likely be another day full of bgs/tourneys. As much as I love WoH, it's tough to justify WoH on royale days when tourneys/bgs not only make my team better, but is also significantly better for the club as well. My expectations are definitely low, but I still get excited about seeing new boxes. What are you guys hoping for? Hopefully, today's WoH reward will help some out.
If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1

Comments

• Rschar21Rschar21 Registered Users, Member 60 Posts
    Would love to see a 430 C or 1B.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I'm just hoping not to get curved to death when the stupid game tells me I have a "favorable matchup". That's all. Royale is a bit more realistic in this aspect, so I am looking forward to it.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I am hoping they eventually change Royale walkoff back to how it was last year- player box with premium xp boxes (which we've also yet to see as we still have these "deal" boxes with piddly amounts in them)
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    I just hope they finally give us a 3B as a WOH reward
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    TBH, I could really use an upgrade at 1B. I am still using D10 Carlos Santana From way back when. If it’s a good 1B, I might try to cycle cap him.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @navyjack77 I'd love a righty 1B!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • checkitmylescheckitmyles Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    1B is definitely my weak spot at the moment. I wouldn't necessarily mind an SS, or maaaybe an OF, but I feel pretty good about my other positions at the moment.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    400 max carlos correa... sigh
    edited September 2019
    Not a 1B. Dang it
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts

• JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    400 SS. Looks like BG and Tourneys. Happy Royale everyone. 
  • Rschar21Rschar21 Registered Users, Member 60 Posts
    Ugh.... that is useless to me.
  • checkitmylescheckitmyles Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    He would be an upgrade over my current SS. I'll at least go for him once, especially with those skills.
    I'm still playing, but that's lame as shit.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    What freaking use is a 400 Prime guy at this point???

anyone that can actually win that probably has near zero use for that player 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

anyone that can actually win that probably has near zero use for that player 

Although he is useless to me too, you have to realize that some guys are still acquiring primes. Beating royale WOH is manageable for most teams, so this gives them a shot at a prime. 

But I'm ready for them to inject more life in Royale WOH for sure. It was really fun last year with the boxes that gave you bonus guys for different events. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    JTTeams said:
    So its a normal wednesday lol.   But seriously dont understand why they dont make woh even a little bit desirable.  The current set up is a waste of time for most.
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    What do the boxes look like on a delay
  • ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    they're blue and gold and they dance around
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    JTTeams said:
    So its a normal wednesday lol.   But seriously dont understand why they dont make woh even a little bit desirable.  The current set up is a waste of time for most.
    Agreed, but at this point it's clearly intentional that Glu wants to devalue Royale WOH. 

Moving forward I wouldn't expect anything other than maybe a prime pitcher being useful to most on Wednesday's.
    I’m a little disappointed that POTMs are not bonuses today. I guess they are tapped out for this month. I might just take a day off. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    So they can steer people away from focusing solely on woh and to have rewards they can put in boxes to rig the pity timer without advancing the amount of quality players in the game at the higher levels. 

p.s. it's glitching for me again. 
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    “Oops need to restart” 

Welp, I just had a first on WoH. First base open, pitcher wants to walk me. Throws a ball in the dirt. STRIKE. This is beyond stupid. He walked me the next pitch, but I got a good laugh. Get to 4.10. Get six straight curves, but somehow come back to win. As soon as I win "oops we need to restart".

GLU is running out of time with me now. Monday pissed me off to no end, now this is just ridiculous.

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Really enjoying still getting bonus points for Slugfest reward from last week! Maybe due to that awful pic they use??? 

Has there been a day-let alone a week, where there isn’t a Glu-up somewhere?!?!?!
  • ScaryTerryScaryTerry Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    Level 5 still all rightys except for 5.9?
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Level 5 still all rightys except for 5.9?
    Yup, everything is the same.
    Glitches are fixed. Beat 4.10 and swept level 5 on the first play through. 5.8 - 5.10 are tough, but didn't get curved to death in either matchup. Just one unhittable out in each. Much more enjoyable when you at least have a chance.

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Glitches are fixed. Beat 4.10 and swept level 5 on the first play through. 5.8 - 5.10 are tough, but didn't get curved to death in either matchup. Just one unhittable out in each. Much more enjoyable when you at least have a chance.
    The first one is always free... at least for me.  After that, they want my gold, unless live boost is on.
    Just no.  
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Also, why did they change my avatar?  I didn't ask for this!!!  Off topic, I know.  Back to topic... uhhhh, so, WoH, come here often or...  
    Just no.