Options

Why don't the rating represent actual performance?

ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
Does it bother anyone that the stats don't matchup at all to the players?  You get some legends that weren't that good during their career, but somehow they are legends.  You get prime players of people who have never had a "prime" worth mentioning.  Ozzie Smith and Mike Scoscia hit tons of home runs.  Reggie Jackson's hit is way above his power.  They release "speed boxes" with guys with little speed.  A bunch of the Walk Off hero awards in classic have been marginal players, but have top of the line bxp ratings.  I am a huge phillie fan, but Maikel Franco from last week had a terrible season.  He got sent to the minors, hit .234, and is probably getting non tendered for next year.  Trent Grisham hit .231, but has a good bxp ratings.  It just confuses me, but at my age most things do.  

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    The basic version of each player get ratings based on their stats from the most recent season. The 'specialty' players(woh rewards included) seem to be rated rather arbitrarily. Or at least, I've yet to spot a pattern. I have noticed that when guys have a good week or two(Beaty, Will Smith, etc.), they seem to get featured.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    If they didn't make specialty cards out of non-elite players, then every box all season would be chock full of the same players over and over again.  How many different Cody Bellingers do we want?
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Does it really matter who’s picture is represented?  Heck, the fact that they use mlb data is why we pay so much.  I would rather have Joe Schmoo if he were cheaper!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I was expecting this to be a thread on why a 221 hitter cant put the ball in play vs a 68 pitcher....
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    It just confuses me, but at my age most things do.  
    You're still my favorite guy on this forum 😂
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Bothers me a little but then I remember it’s a video game and let it go.  Whatever they want to do, so long as it is the same across the board.