RIP reset clubs?

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
What do you guys think? 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• cobrakai11cobrakai11 Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    I like this.  I also think they should reward teams playing together more than individual performance to create a more social environement. 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    edited October 2019

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Just means the rich get richer.  Spenders in big clubs will get better rewards then those who dont. Makes sense, a club that scores 100b versus a club that scores 1b should get different rewards. Not sure how I feel about it tho.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Yup rip reset clubs
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    This is actually a good thing . I’m not a fan of reset clubs but have been in one because of my late start in this game it was the best way for me to get rewards
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I don’t get what’s wrong with reset clubs. More guys can compete for first, driving spending. Most days my club can’t compete with the big boys, so if I can’t hang around top 3 and get a chance at those rewards, I just won’t play. Nobody wants to finish 53rd and get nothing for your gold spent. 

Of course I’ll still play WOH, I’m completely addicted. And my club usually does well in that event anyway. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I like the idea and it makes sense. I'll reserve judgement until I see how it plays out. A lot of variables to consider.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Another reason to spend more in hopes of placing higher only to get rewards that aren't even worth 1/20th of what you spent to get them? Where do I sign up?
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
     You inspire me @Houmy. Hope poker is treating you well. Changed my signature just for you muffin.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Seems to be all about making those that spend spend more 🤔
    Change is bad 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Did the vip newsletter deal drop?? Or is it coming with the update? 🤨
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Glu is like a drug dealer. The deal gets a little bit worse every time, but you’re hooked, so....

I don’t spend much on this game, I’m not a VIP. But I spent way more this year than in any prior year. Several of Glu’s money making tactics have trapped me on numerous occasions.  It irks me. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I’ve never played in a reset club but last night while in 6th place in my solo club the leaders were all reset clubs. I see it both ways but like it better without them
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    You sound 100% like me @Metsicans. I have never spent more than $50 or so in the prior two versions. This year... well I am all star level 9, you do the math :( 

• jmbeland32jmbeland32 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    Oh boy 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I don’t believe this is then end of reset clubs, but it is an end to glitching a bracket. 

When I read the screenshot above, I take it as there will be only 3 clubs who can finish 1st. Everyone will be in one of 3 brackets. This means that it will be virtually impossible to glitch a bracket and find one that has an easy top 10.  

Now reset clubs will will be placed in the lowest bracket of the 3. My question is what will the club bracket rewards look like. Will 1st in the lowest bracket be equal to 25th in the top bracket?  That’s what I’d be curious to see. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I don’t believe this is then end of reset clubs, but it is an end to glitching a bracket. 

When I read the screenshot above, I take it as there will be only 3 clubs who can finish 1st. Everyone will be in one of 3 brackets. This means that it will be virtually impossible to glitch a bracket and find one that has an easy top 10.  

Now reset clubs will will be placed in the lowest bracket of the 3. My question is what will the club bracket rewards look like. Will 1st in the lowest bracket be equal to 25th in the top bracket?  That’s what I’d be curious to see. 
    This is exactly why I'm reserving judgement. If top 10 in tier 2 is better than top 25 in tier 1, it may actually springboard reset clubs. It'll all depend on how rewards are allocated.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    If there are only three brackets, that's going to be tough dude. There will be a lot less people earning top 10 finishes than now, and anyone who thinks it's hard now is going to hate only three brackets. If that's the case, I don't see competition increasing but rather more people deciding they have no chance and it's not worth even trying. We shall see how it actually works, but I hope this doesn't mean there will only be three brackets 🤞🏻
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    It looked to me like theres still going to be brackets for event rewards, and then this club leagues will be a seperate way to get rewards from the event. Kinda like how you get rank rewards and progress rewards from event? Not sure just speculating
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Can you imagine building your club up to get better CvC rewards, then all the sudden you are in a bracket with RocketSquirrels, Sparta, JudgeSucksDidi, RickshawRangers, DeadlyAlliance, ZeroDark, so and so forth with the other 20 clubs that you won't beat? Then you have to reset your club. Back to shitty CvC rewards..
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Back to shitty CvC rewards..
    That would probably push me over the edge. I need those rewards
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited October 2019
    @retirepujols it's either that, or just make sure you don't place 10 in events? idk lol you know this has been dreamed up as a way to increase revenue while simultaneously trying as hard as they can to frame it as a good thing to the players when it's probably not.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I'm pretty sure this measure is aimed at curtailing another practice, not just at reset clubs per se.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I would be very surprised if it has more than minimal effect reset clubs.  CVC was introduced to curtail reset clubs and that had little effect.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • inoculuminoculum Registered Users, Member 101 Posts
    this will be poorly recieved.  3 brackets means too many clubs have no shot at 1st place.  it's going to drive away a lot of players.  the disparity in this game is already astonishing… something like 24 brackets where f2p and lesser performing clubs may stand a chance is what engages a user.  hopefully this will be a dry run to see how they can avoid it being exploited then properly expanded.  otherwise this is the nail in the coffin… 
  • superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    Good points, and let's cross our fingers we don't all find ourselves flagged as hackers this time around.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
     You inspire me @Houmy. Hope poker is treating you well. Changed my signature just for you muffin.
    I live to inspire my minions buddy 😁. Next tournament I'm going to is coming up on Thanksgiving week so I'll let you know how it goes 🤘🤘🤘
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022