Question of the day.... Signature Primes

JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
So by now, most of us probably have a few (or much more) of these. Are you gambling & boosting while the 50% discount is in play, not knowing for certain the final max rating, or holding tight and taking a lesser discount and leveling once the outcomes are decided? (Which would be a 20%/30% field pass discount at most.) 
Prev1

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Im waiting, at diamond the gamble isn't worth it. Rumor has it the new FP on mondays will be 30% from now on. Im going to wait and see if any of them hit the 470 levels. Its my guess that HOF will have 470s Monday so essentially the same level at sign prime bump. Also, this batch of sign dont have the best skills sets. Ill wait and see what the next batch holds.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited October 2019
    I’m quite torn on all of this. I’ve pulled Cain, Scherzer, Seager, Bregman and Rosario. All of which make my team better right now even without the boost. Rosario probably has the most immediate impact for tomorrow and HoF but the Twins got nothing again this post-season so that would be a bittersweet upgrade. Bregman is probably safest bet but I have a glut of thirdbaseman. And then the skills....

What are chances we see weekend discount next weekend for a different batch of sig primes?
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    There will definitely be more Sig primes. They can't not have a Sig Prime Belli or Springer, right? I've leveled up Astros and Dodgers. Aside from that I'll wait and see.
    Very good chances id say.  My guess is that they will drop the rate of the %s tho on the sign boxes as they advance. 24% seems to good, the higher the teams go, the lower the odds will become is my guess.
    – The Great Houmy
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @dkarski87 Yup, I can see that. Players will get better skills, box odds will decrease.
    At this point, you would think they would try and entice players to become more engaged with the game as its really on its last life line. Their timing and delaying of this update is no coincidence either. So this week will tell us what the last few months brings. I think we can all agree that this years game has become nothing more then a money grab in every aspect, beyond any of the previous versions. Not sure how successful the next version will be when most of the core spenders having moved on and/or deciding not play next year.
    – The Great Houmy
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    My current biggest disappointment while we are on the subject is the protracted and still to be released ATG's.  What made their release special was the fact that they would stay current bump after bump.  Delaying their release to so late in the year nullifies that aspect and makes them nothing more than a nostalgic legend similar to the Nolan Ryan out this week.

• RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    edited October 2019
    Soooo.. for the average gold player with, let’s say somewhere around, 189,395 PXP saved up, in order to take advantage of the leveling discount this weekend, but still save some PXP for next weekend when hopefully better Prime Sig players with better skills may come out, one should just level Astros (Bregman) and Yankees (Torres) players? Seems like they’re pretty much a lock for the ALCS, which would make them both 450, and guarantee that one makes it to 470. I mean, Acuna and Seager look good as well, but should one save some PXP for next weekend? Clearly this is all hypotheticals and in no way referring specifically to me.. 
  • BizertoBizerto Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    Nationals gonna upset the choke artist Dodgers. And LETS GO YANKEES!
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    Bizerto said:
    And LETS GO YANKEES!
    i took the subway home from game 2 the other night. i got into a convo with a twins fan - he was so sad, truly a broken man. i guess that's how it feels to continually lose at WOH HOF @drsmartassphd?
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Bizerto said:
    Nationals gonna upset the choke artist Dodgers. And LETS GO YANKEES!
    This comment aged poorly 
  • BizertoBizerto Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    Definitely.. just like that Bryant jersey. @Haraycaray
    dodgers offense showed up nicely tonight! 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I leveled signature Freeman because he instantly helped my team for HOF WOH.  The rest hopefully I will wait on
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    I also followed the path of waiting to see who reaches/wins the championship. Not easy when sitting on almost 600k PXP & watching the 50% discount dwindling away. Would've been awesome to invest in them at 420-435 & if you pick right, watch them grow and grow with no additional investment. 
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    I went ahead and leveled Freeman because even if he stays at 435 (which I doubt), he would be a major upgrade from my previous 1B.  Anything advancement I get from him will be gravy.  I didn't bother to cap anyone else, mostly because their skills are meh.  I don't mind paying the extra PXP to only cap guys that actually bump high enough to be worth having.
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    I leveled Seager because SS was one of my last 350 positions. 
    JCAM80 said:
    I also followed the path of waiting to see who reaches/wins the championship. Not easy when sitting on almost 600k PXP & watching the 50% discount dwindling away. Would've been awesome to invest in them at 420-435 & if you pick right, watch them grow and grow with no additional investment. 
    I capped Bregman. Couldn't pass it up even with 430 Rendon and Suarez PoTM.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I went nuts trying to land either Seager or Bregman, as I think those guys are a lock to become 450’s with very good odds of being 475 and at least one being a 500

As much as it pains the Yankee fan in me to say, I don’t think they’re getting by the Astros 
    @dustyhunks how is Chi treating you? ;)
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

Lol still one of my favorite music videos ever
    Just no.  
    So when do the upgrades happen?
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    criffy said:
    Bizerto said:
    And LETS GO YANKEES!
    i took the subway home from game 2 the other night. i got into a convo with a twins fan - he was so sad, truly a broken man. i guess that's how it feels to continually lose at WOH HOF @drsmartassphd?

I broke that streak baby!!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    @drsmartassphd too bad the twins didn't LOL
    So when do the Prime Sigs upgrade?  Shouldn’t the Yankees guys have been upgraded by now?
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    I dunno but the astros better not blow it, brought Bergman to plat 10
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    I went nuts trying to land either Seager or Bregman, as I think those guys are a lock to become 450’s with very good odds of being 475 and at least one being a 500

As much as it pains the Yankee fan in me to say, I don’t think they’re getting by the Astros 
    The Astros and Dodgers might both choke 
    I just got perhaps the oddest response from cs.  I think it’s safe to say they have zero clue what they’re doing with the Sig Prime guys right now
    I take that back.  My Torres is now upgraded.

Now.....c’mon Braves!!!!