welp that just proved the point that pitchers DO NOT matter in diamond

MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
edited October 2019 in General TSB Discussion
Did my season mode games which I put 1 star SP in every slot but ace and use ice wrap. Got distracted, had 40 games to my next cycle so just started playing bonus games. Won almost every one. Got to my playoffs and got CRUSHED....looked at the stats. yup my one star pitcher. Apparently you can still win 95% plus of BG with one star pitchers .....never took those 4 pitchers out

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I always do this when I have a relief pitcher for bonus. Put them at RP1 and throw in some crappy SPs and he will throw 3 innings (and you'll still win).
  • checkitmylescheckitmyles Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I always do this when I have a relief pitcher for bonus. Put them at RP1 and throw in some crappy SPs and he will throw 3 innings (and you'll still win).
    Damn this is genius. Why did I never think of this
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Lots of those BGs at diamond are against teams in silver and gold, and players that leveled way too fast (I’ve seen 75k diamond teams out there), but yeah you can win with almost anything starting with a good offense.  I would do the reliever thing more often but too lazy to swap players in and out all the time admittedly.