Bonus and Tournament Games

xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
Why does my 110k team consistently lose BGs and Tournaments to 80k teams?  

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    The short answer is team strength is very misleading. Higher tiers will have a big advantage and SPs win games.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Thanks @DFBB.  My SPs usually are higher rated.  So I must be losing to platinum or diamond teams in these instances?
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    For tournament games this works for me:
    Set your ace as the #1.
    Then set the other starters from weakest to strongest. 
    Use your ace on a bonus game, then start the tournament with your new #2. (Technically your #5.)
    The tournament gets harder each game. Doing it this way will give you better matchups as it progresses.  Then if you lose a game and have to video restart or $$$ restart,  you will be starting a better pitcher against the same team. (This will push your ace into the championship game).
    If you get bamboozled in the tournament against a 
    much stronger team you can ice wrap.
    Additionally fill your bullpen with 1 star scrubs, except your closer.  This will lower your "Team strength" and USUALLY pit you against closer strength teams.  Your bullpen almost never gets used.  Doing this will help manipulate the matchup more in your favor.  
    Just my 2 cents and what works for me.
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts

• MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Your playing plat and diamond teams. Once I went diamond I don’t lose tourney and bg except for rare occasions
  • cmeltoncmelton Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    I am gold and play mainly platinum and diamond in bonus games.  Win about 1:4 games even though my team strength is higher