When sandbagging goes horribly wrong...

MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
Won the 1st 3 matchups with 20, 20, and 230,000 points.  Then the magic matchup program said "Nope, not no more f$#ker!

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I sandbag with 10-20. @dfbb sandbags with about 6 more 0’s on the end 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    All jokes aside, Debbie non withstanding, because so many bag at bare minimums, it seems like I get consistently better matchups if I’m bagging if I post 20-30k vs 10 or 20.   
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited October 2019
    bigvivec said:
    All jokes aside, Debbie non withstanding, because so many bag at bare minimums, it seems like I get consistently better matchups if I’m bagging if I post 20-30k vs 10 or 20.   
    Debbie is a beast at CVC.. 10-20 points worked great for a long time, but after a while I found that 100-1,000 points was a pretty nice sweetspot. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    One hundo percent. If all I want is the reward and to be matched up with lesser clubs or better yet dormant ones I will put up between 5-12k, sometimes up to 20k. Works all the time. That said, during the week I go balls out on Tuesday w/fp to get milestones and Thursday's sometimes if I have 1+ bonus guy leveled higher than p5.

Weekends tend to be the low thousands play until last 3 on Sunday. I haven't bought fp on weekend since they restructured the rewards and haven't had a leveled bonus player since potm was released, which maybe is their last hurrah this weekend so we'll see.
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    edited October 2019
    My version of sandbagging is to just play one round with video boosts, and I usually score in the 1-3M range.  That almost always leads to my next opponent being someone who would be lucky to score 1M, but also helps me avoid the full-on sandbaggers.  Also helps me reach the FP tier 5 consistently without having to dump points in other clubs (I just blow out the last round if necessary to get to 37M).
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    There's actually a very nice art to sandbagging CvC. The key is to avoid the CvC edge guys as well as the FP dumpers. If you do that, you're generally okay.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.