Extra Bases - Context?

SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
I regularly play Extra Bases and put in minimal effort because of the intense competition. Well last night I played a single round (admittedly with CvC Edge) and scored about 8M. That one round was good enough to win me first place. Is that bizarre? I’ve scored up to 40M before and never sniffed the top 10. Did I just get a crazy easy bracket? Did they change the number of players per bracket? Or was Thigpen really tough on non-diamond players? Just curious whether this is repeatable, because the rewards were awesome!

Comments

• benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    That's a nice looking bracket!
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Usually as diamond I get destroyed . Today I got fourth . Maybe they made it easier for us diamond peeps
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Just like club events, it's not too difficult take advantage of soft brackets that are inevitably out there. Congrats man! I know it gets a lot of hate, but I love EB. It's fun and free rewards.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • DomerHomerDomerHomer Registered Users, Member 76 Posts
    edited October 2019
    I was wondering the same. Rarely sniff the top 50 (with minimal effort). Played out a few rounds and ended up in 9th in my bracket. Something definitely changed.

edit:  the teams in my bracket had about double the points. 40M took first place, I had 20M for 9th.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Fingers crossed for tonight's EB event. If anyone pieces together what changed with the event mechanics, please share.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    What I’ve garnered so far is that set platinum lineups are good for silver/gold teams and diamond teams do well when there’s no set lineup and you use your own.