Do coaching upgrades and pennants improve your WOH team?

Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
Do hitting coach/trainer upgrades, intangible upgrades such as late game heroics, and pennants help you on WOH?  Or do they make no difference at all?

I know this has been discussed before, but like the skills on/skills off WOH debate, I'm just curious as to what people think based on their own experiences.

Comments

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Everyone has their own opinions.  Personally I dont think they make a huge difference other then improve your team strength.  If team strength means something to you then improve them.  In terms of WOH, the players and skills matter more. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I prioritize 'hitting coach' above all else and I also have the other three hitting-related upgrades(trainer/clutch/in the zone) capped. Fwiw, I think 'hitting coach' is essential for WoH and I've actually never jumped tiers w/o being able to instantly max that upgrade(or take it to 84 for diamond).
    It's my opinion that pennants don't help in WoH. If I had to guess, I doubt they help in CvC either. However, I don't have a particularly strong opinion on the latter. Personally, I think pennants are cool. They can't possibly hurt and it helps with team strength! lol
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    just another "thing" in the game that we don't really know for sure if/how it actually works.
    If only GLU would release an FAQ or manual of what/when/how things actually work. Until then, everything is just a guess or personal opinion.  
    The thing with pennants is that you really can’t use them anywhere else in the game. We all play season games, so honestly what else are you going to do with them?  Might as well allocate them to whatever teams your players are on. 
    The thing is, if we knew that they worked in Woh and/or CvC, there would be more of a priority(fast playing season mode, chasing bigger milestones, etc.) with pennants. As is, many just use whatever they get w/o chasing them.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    How do you diamond players go about season mode?  When I was silver I could fathom maxing out pennants but even at gold it seems like way too many seasons to max.
    How do you diamond players go about season mode?  When I was silver I could fathom maxing out pennants but even at gold it seems like way too many seasons to max.
    Gold is easy to get at diamond so I have no issues 'fast playing' season mode. I get through a season in 5 days. Currently, my Yankees pennants are capped and my pennants for the Cardinals are almost capped too.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I think they do help. Not as much as having the best players with two good skills up but they help. I’ve found it easier in WOH after maxing out clutch performance and if I’ve had player that’s struggling at a spot maxing out his pennants seems to help get him over the top. Season mode is free auto play with good rewards for just tapping out some games. No reason not to collect those pennants and use them.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Pennants are "supposed" to boost you in season mode only per a CS response from last year. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Pennants seem to make a difference in CvC for me.  
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Blue Leopard was on the record here when they started season that pennants applied to all modes of the game.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    Supposed to be all modes.

Haven't seen much of a difference in woh but I think CVC definitely gets affected.