What Happens Next?

2Next

Comments

• babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I have heard and played those games.  It has nothing to do with being the first at a concept, it's about this game and how it can be better.  People keep paying for those games because they aren't filled with bugs and the game play is consistent.  I don't think I'd compare playing Madden to playing TSB 19 except for how much it costs.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    And to be clear, I'm not just complaining here, I'm hoping Glu sees easy ways for the game to improve because from what I read, '19 has upset quite a few folks.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Well...it would be incredibly easy to code a series of events, utilizing the existing bracket system, to declare a yearly champion.

that would be a no-brainer in my opinion.

it doesn’t even need to replace normal play, you simply add it as an additional function/feature.  Perhaps it even has some bonus structure that carries over to 2020?  Ie extra keepers, reduced keeper cost, win higher level players that can be kept that are only able to be won via this event?

this isn’t difficult, and is exactly why I’ve said before that GLU leaves a ton of money on the table
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    First time to beat walk-off in a given year 
    Ahhhhhh, yes. "Baby Dahl," what was he a 325 one skill guy? Those were good times, I was having loads of fun back then. 

You learn your lessons from the previous version and get a fresh start. 
    Is the lesson that you and I should stay gold, and not mess with that silly diamond grind?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    First time to beat walk-off in a given year 
    Ahhhhhh, yes. "Baby Dahl," what was he a 325 one skill guy? Those were good times, I was having loads of fun back then. 

You learn your lessons from the previous version and get a fresh start. 
    Is the lesson that you and I should stay gold, and not mess with that silly diamond grind?
    Baby Dahl was my first diamond cycle cap. I had a couple before him, but didn’t have the evo at the time and they got stuck at P10. 

I prefer grinding games as opposed to videos for gold, so I’ll probably go diamond next year as well
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    My biggest gripe about last year was the vagueness of 19’s release and them constantly egging us on to level up as high as possible like their was some bonus or reward for doing so. Meanwhile I was platinum and eventually diamond trying to level ATG’s up, cycling woh like mad so I could try and repull them for their evo. Then come to find out it didn’t matter and I could have brought any of them over bronze1 and stayed at a comfortable level. 
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    @DFBB - I thought I made my point in the beginning that there is no resolution to this game and there needs to be one.  You can't just go every year and say start over while leaving every player, bronze, silver...diamond with no real satisfaction saying they accomplished something.
    Everyone give me feedback on how they feel because I might very well be in the minority on this.

I have heard and played those games.  It has nothing to do with being the first at a concept, it's about this game and how it can be better.  People keep paying for those games because they aren't filled with bugs and the game play is consistent.  I don't think I'd compare playing Madden to playing TSB 19 except for how much it costs.
    I don't think you've played much of those other games then.  They all start over each season...
    I play more FIFA than TSB, and does it have it's bugs.  I will say the Android bug is really inexcusable in TSB.
    Those games above cost $60 + tax at release.  TSB is free.  To have an "endgame" team in FUT, MUT, 2k, etc., you need to spend way more than what it costs for VIP in TSB. I'm a f2p player and am cool with doing my best and striving for more.  As DFBB said, your mind is made up and there's no point arguing.  I'm just pointing out that that other games do something exactly the same way and more ppl play still.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts

I prefer grinding games as opposed to videos for gold, so I’ll probably go diamond next year as well
    I'm thinking I'll just grind double gold videos (and that's it) and try to go all year without buying a box- not a one I tell ya!- and just use my gold on leveling players and walk off hero when needed. #fishfulthinking.. I went to diamond thinking the gold would be awesome, but I can't level box players so the gold is pointless 🤣
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71