WoH/boxes for 11-4-19: Bleeding blue and #42

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Have our WOH opponents always been wearing the same uniform as our team regardless of the team they are/were on?
    The things you notice when you lose focus....haha
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Have our WOH opponents always been wearing the same uniform as our team regardless of the team they are/were on?
    The things you notice when you lose focus....haha
    Thigpen is on the right team.  I thought Glu knew something I didn’t when I saw Cole wearing a Nats uniform, but Strasburg did opt out, so.....maybe, but then Jenkins and his team were also wearing Nats uniforms, so I knew something was off. 😀
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    edited November 2019
    After remembering how good it feels to not worry about committing every spare second to trying to complete a cycle cap, I can't even bring myself to cycle for LXP.  I beat it once just to do it, and I simply cannot summon the will to start over and do it again without the prospect of a useful D.10 player as a light at the end of the tunnel.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    😬😬😬
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Wow. Got to 6.9 and lost. Now can’t get past 6.3 in five tries. Thanks Glu. Needed a good excuse to not spend so much time on this game. 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Krukster still gettin it done!!!

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Unkukkable Kruk. I'm using him on 6.9.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Congratulations mythical!!! Awesome pull
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    @mythicaldragon how much gold did you burn in chasing? curious if you don't mind sharing
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    Glu really needs to give out Righty killers. My three best lefties for WOH are Kruk, Scioscia, and my LEGEND. 6.8-6.10 has been annoying as heck because they are so bad.
    Thanks @whammo911 👍🏻 
    @criffy not as much as you would expect I spent somewhere around 18k ish for piazza and #42.
    So  I pretty happy with that  😊
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

😬😬😬
    #42!!!!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    The Astros & Cubs always wear the same uniform as my team in all modes.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    😬😬😬
    Now put him on the bench for showing up late to work 

Heads up if you are playing as GLU may have just flipped the "impossible" switch again.

6.10 using the matchup I won earlier with: 9 straight curves. Video reboot, 9 straight curves.

Never had the pleasure of 18 straight before now.

Got back to 6.10 again, boosted him, better matchup, nine straight curves. No video reboot available.

So, that's 27 straight curves and counting. LOLOLOLOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Just made it back again. First pitch was hittable. Put it down the line for a double.

Then 9 straight curves again. LOLOL

So, this makes 36 curves out of 37 pitches.  Rigged beyond comprehension.

I have Matthews so I don't need a 3B, thank goodness.  I'll bump Cey just enough to make him decent for CvC tomorrow.  Time to quit playing WoH for the day.

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Sounds like a combination of being silver and RNG, been there a few times collected the tshirt.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited November 2019
    I've only played a few times today since Im not super motivated but I think its the easiest its been all year, or close to it
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Taking the week off. Didn’t even open the app.  Hello from Hong Kong!

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Had to bleed some gold for restart and 80 boosts but finally got it done with ML. 
    Back to being fun again. Took it down this time with only one curve out.

• HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
    I have hit into a triple play every time on the first couple pitches of 4.9 idk what it is lol😂
    I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @bigvivec nice pics. Also I’m glad to finally know what you look like 
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Cycle caaaap
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Also all you people complaining about his skills, I don’t want to here you complaining on not having someone to do 6.10 if we get a righty again ( vida blue anyone? )
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    Also all you people complaining about his skills, I don’t want to here you complaining on not having someone to do 6.10 if we get a righty again ( vida blue anyone? )
    More the “do you believe skills turn on/off dynamically or not”, if you do he’s basically a one skill player after you’ve scored 3 runs, if not he’s a finisher.  Where you fall on that shapes the opinions.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    From one Hof reward: 

To another:

Escobar (3B) also just pushed my first d10 prime, Arenado (3B) off my subs list after originally replacing him at 3B. Been a weird righty 3B day, and I'm pooped.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    What took you so long to cycle cap @retirepujols ???
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Very similar to last week... took some time to get there but boog had no trouble at 6-10. Good times 😬
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    😬😬😬
    You act like you have great luck but the reality is that you pay Glu's biweekly salary by spending $300 worth of gold every day. That's not impressive at all