PLEASE! Get rid of Cooldown

2Next

Comments

• MetsicansMetsicans 736 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Metsicans said:
    If you think the timer sucks now, wait until 2020. Nobody will have platinum and diamond solo clubs, so we will all be stuck paying for evo and playing in clubs that mostly have no chance of competing with the elite, high-spending clubs. It’s going to be great. 🙄 
    You left out nerfing the D6 rewards which I also expect.   But yeah at that point the decision will be made for most of us

As critical of Glu as I am, I can't imagine they take away the D6 rewards.  That is the only way diamond players can play at diamond long term.  Even the big spenders aren't going to spend enough to compete in every event without that D6 gold. 
  • BigburgBigburg 78 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    DFBB said:
    I've noticed that guys have either gone solo or gone out of their way to maintain the play style that enjoyed prior to the cool down. At some point, the latter gets old real fast. It's been suggested before, but they need to either lower the cool down timer or make it only active during events. 
    This has had the absolute opposite effect that they (Glu) were trying(or saying they were trying) to accomplish.  I would love to jump to a larger 18+ person squad, but then I have to miss an entire event rewards.  And what if that doesnt work out?  I miss another day or entire weekend event.  So I stick it out with just my son and I, and as much fun as it is, it would be way more enjoyable to hop in the WOH forum team on mondays and royale crew Wednesday but the hassle to actually put together a club is too much of a logistic nightmare.  It's just not as fun with a bunch of small clubs.  Period.
  • MattattackMattattack New Member 1,170 PostsRegistered Users
    Metsicans said:
    Metsicans said:
    If you think the timer sucks now, wait until 2020. Nobody will have platinum and diamond solo clubs, so we will all be stuck paying for evo and playing in clubs that mostly have no chance of competing with the elite, high-spending clubs. It’s going to be great. 🙄 
    You left out nerfing the D6 rewards which I also expect.   But yeah at that point the decision will be made for most of us

As critical of Glu as I am, I can't imagine they take away the D6 rewards.  That is the only way diamond players can play at diamond long term.  Even the big spenders aren't going to spend enough to compete in every event without that D6 gold. 
    I dont think it goes away but I can for sure see it lessening
  • eman0023eman0023 99 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    edited November 2019
    IMO D6 rewards aren't even good enough as is.  After a couple cycles, most of us have too much EVO.  The cash is minimal help, like 8.5 tourneys.  The gold is nice yes, but say four D6 cycles in a week (= 30k gold) for most of us that goes right into Mega boxes, which nets like 150-200k in PXP or LXP or like 20-30% of leveling any player to D10.  Lately I've been spending my gold on HoF WoH for cycling purposes, which if I were Silver or Gold I wouldn't need to do anymore.

IMO it would drive more ppl away from Diamond and just staying at Silver/Gold in the future.  
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 470 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    edited November 2019
    Metsicans said:
    Metsicans said:

You underestimate big spenders. Big spenders will always spend on this game, no matter the cost, no matter how awful the game is. It happens to other games like FIFA, TSB, and Madden Mobile, where the "middle class" players go on a sort of strike, but the upper echelon will continue to spend, regardless.
  • bigvivecbigvivec 2,134 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    You’re right fang.......might not know how spot on you are.