WOH 7 levels this weekend?

Comments

• babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Related to WOH this weekend, do levels 5-6 seem more difficult than HOF?  I've been beating HOF but I've gotten stopped on L5 this weekend numerous times.

• eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Related to WOH this weekend, do levels 5-6 seem more difficult than HOF?  I've been beating HOF but I've gotten stopped on L5 this weekend numerous times.

L5 is definitely harder than normal with a couple Legends in there
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Seems like the difficulty increased a little more now, rng on level 6 for autoplays is silly now. Was killing babe all weekend and now he won’t give me that final hit. But I really can’t complain, I’m well over 20 cycles. 
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    Seems like the difficulty increased a little more now, rng on level 6 for autoplays is silly now. Was killing babe all weekend and now he won’t give me that final hit. But I really can’t complain, I’m well over 20 cycles. 
    You must have a hell of a team, 20 cycles? Geez 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Yeah I’ve had allot of luck getting the big bats lately but didn’t have the lxp to get them capped at platinum, weekends been huge for me
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    whammo911 said:

I don’t understand why they have to increase the difficulty based on time. Most logical idea would be to increase the difficulty based on cycles so it gets progressively harder the more times you beat it. That would help the middle class still beat it and still limit the number of cycle caps. 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    whammo911 said:

I don’t understand why they have to increase the difficulty based on time. Most logical idea would be to increase the difficulty based on cycles so it gets progressively harder the more times you beat it. That would help the middle class still beat it and still limit the number of cycle caps. 
    Yeah I'd love to be able to beat it for a second time.  Kiner with 80 boost can't get close anymore, video boost also nowhere near, but with no boost at all I can tie it up, go to extra innings, then get the BS balls and noodle bat.  At least I got through it the first time, and it wasn't bad at all... but that was Friday
    Just no.  
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Great for restocking bonus games in any case. 
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    whammo911 said:

Yeah I'd love to be able to beat it for a second time.  Kiner with 80 boost can't get close anymore, video boost also nowhere near, but with no boost at all I can tie it up, go to extra innings, then get the BS balls and noodle bat.  At least I got through it the first time, and it wasn't bad at all... but that was Friday
    Yeah it feels like a switch was flipped. I wasn't haven't much problems on 7.10 with Ron Cey (16/16) + 80 boost.  Maybe 3-4 gold restarts from my first 13 cycles.  My 3 cycles today I used I think 6 gold restarts.  I'll take that as a sign to stop for me. Back to BGs
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    eman0023 said:
    whammo911 said:

Yeah it feels like a switch was flipped. I wasn't haven't much problems on 7.10 with Ron Cey (16/16) + 80 boost.  Maybe 3-4 gold restarts from my first 13 cycles.  My 3 cycles today I used I think 6 gold restarts.  I'll take that as a sign to stop for me. Back to BGs

I've been playing all weekend off and on. I've cleared it three or four times at Silver.

The past couple of hours this game has been basically unplayable for me. Matchups that won all weekend can no longer consistently sim. When I play, I'm getting curved out on levels 1 and 2, which is beyond stupid. 

No, I don't want to hear it is because I'm not gold. Something was done to make the game harder. If I can't clear 5.3 now with a matchup favorability that is triple without being curved out, something is up. As a test run, I started using my closers on the first rounds.

Batter up, 9 curves, round over. 

Or, Batter  Up, soft contact, round over.

This is beyond dumb.

I will never understand why a company would make a pay-to-play game unplayable like this. I was looking forward to playing this evening. Won't now and really don't need what is offered anyway.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Stupid question maybe, why are you playing the lower levels? Sim to rd6 or 7 in each level.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    edited November 2019

Because I cannot sim the lower levels right now like I was all weekend. So, I tested out the RNG to see if it was rigged to consistently lose. It was. My CLOSERS could not win rounds 1-4 for a long time today. That's beyond dumb.

Now the game is back to being somewhat playable. I'm able to sim to about round 5. I am playing, but there is a distinct pattern now with the RNG, especially in rounds 8-10. (I am currently stuck in Level 5 and have been half the day. Prior to this, I had beaten Level five on the first try each time through).

IF I can make to round 8 without being curved out, the game will give me a hittable pitch, then follow it up with an automatic curve out. If I score a run, I get TWO automatic curve outs. LOL Matchup favorability means nothing any longer.

I've gotten past 5.8 once due to a HR, but that pattern I stated above is preventing me from winning 5.9. As soon as I score, two outs. I can get another hit, but if it isn't a HR, the next at bat is a curve out.

All good. I won enough to level AVS up, and I won another legend in CVC. I ain't even mad at this blatantly rigged shit. Happy I haven't spent a dime on it in forever either.

I

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    It’s always been this way, game goes up and down over the course of an event in terms of difficulty.  Either a big master difficulty knob on the wall that gets turned up or down at headquarters Wizard of Oz style or some kind of bell curve algorithm that will only allow a predetermined ratio of success across all users, all I know is that difficulty is definitely variable.  
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts

Hey now!!!  I posted that months ago just for Cooz......Hahahaha!

Pattern still holding. Just got curved out again on round 9 after scoring. Game is unplayable now.

So, lesson learned for players at my level. For a weekend Royale, your fun ends sometime on Sunday. You can get, but get while you can!

Later everyone!

• TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    bigvivec said:
    Cooz is just full of hate.......
    What is it with people here accusing me of things that are flatly untrue? 

I just call you out for being an arrogant, superior asshole. And now this! You're so triggered and paranoid you're accusing me of making fake accounts to troll you, and binge-clicking the disagree button. I'm sorry, it isn't true. Are you really that into oven roasted turkey Pringles though? 

Be fair, I haven't talked to you in a while. You've never aroused anyone in your life, so don't tell me I have a "hard-on" for you. 

As I've told you before, you're so arrogant you really think I go around disagreeing with every post you write. Maybe (gasp) I'm not the only one who thinks you're a jerk. Maybe they don't want to say what I'm saying to you. Sounds more like you're just pissed that people...disagree with you. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm not full of hate, I just don't like you. You can not like me too. It's cool. But either way, get over yourself. 

Just ignore me. @matt_sackett showed everyone how to do that. I ignored you a while ago. I'm voluntarily leaving your head now. Please just let me go! 
    Agreed. I can't stand that pompous asshole. Blocked him months ago and life has been much better. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited November 2019
    bigvivec said:

Hey now!!!  I posted that months ago just for Cooz......Hahahaha!
    And I told you then I wasn't interested. No means no, Vicky. As much as you want to sodomize me, I'm not into that. 

Pattern still holding. Just got curved out again on round 9 after scoring. Game is unplayable now.

So, lesson learned for players at my level. For a weekend Royale, your fun ends sometime on Sunday. You can get, but get while you can!

Later everyone!

It goes up and down throughout the life of the event. Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes you're the fire hydrant. 
    He's the kind of guy that just lays it all out and let it be known that he doesn't like someone or something. Straightforward, perhaps a bit blunt? Sure. A sneaky little troll who hides like a pussy? Nah. 
    Pretty much in a nutshell.....;) @retirepujols

Later everyone!

I doubt we see this in the same form again.   A lot of negative reactions.  I would bet the future of this event holds easier cycling for weaker prizes.  
    bigvivec said:
    He's the kind of guy that just lays it all out and let it be known that he doesn't like someone or something. Straightforward, perhaps a bit blunt? Sure. A sneaky little troll who hides like a pussy? Nah. 
    ...yeah. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I hate to use this word because it triggers you so much, but, do you disagree with what he said? Cuz you're acting all smug, like I'm somehow not the way he described. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    bigvivec said:

Later everyone!

I doubt we see this in the same form again.   A lot of negative reactions.  I would bet the future of this event holds easier cycling for weaker prizes.  
    Honest question...when is the last time you saw GLU care about a negative reaction from its players?
  • Biceson44Biceson44 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts

“Hey there pretty ever kissed a rabbit between the ears”? T-Bag is an all-time tv character and the first 3 seasons of prison break Was great Network  television. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    bigvivec said:

Later everyone!

Honest question...when is the last time you saw GLU care about a negative reaction from its players?
    When people said the last weekend walk-off tower was too easy and the prizes weren’t good enough........
    Cooz19 said:
    bigvivec said:
    ...yeah. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I hate to use this word because it triggers you so much, but, do you disagree with what he said? Cuz you're acting all smug, like I'm somehow not the way he described. 
    Brother.......I’m the blunt one who gets the disagrees......the sneaky troll is you.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    Was away all weekend, this place has gone mad. Assuming frustrations from cycling the royale tower are spilling over into the forums...? Cycling a 7 level tower that was designed to slow us down from cap cycling and piling up lxp (I imagine most who are able to and more importantly, wanted to,  got it done) was always going to be tougher. Personally I spent about 3x as much gold as I normally do on mondays but got AVS capped with a pickup of lxp similar to a typical Monday. Only did it because he was a perfect cvc fit for my roster
    bigvivec said:

Later everyone!

When people said the last weekend walk-off tower was too easy and the prizes weren’t good enough........
    That’s the rub......who gets catered to?  Casuals who don’t spend but represent the majority of the public or the hardcore few who are on all the time and spend big?  Can’t satisfy everyone.....make it too easy and the game gets watered down.  Solution in having HOF on Mondays and an easier Royale with an inferior prize has been scorned.  What’s the next move?
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Over simplistic answer...but cater to the majority.  Make it a decent 450 Prime with good skills.  Throw in a small-medium size LXP prize.  

That hits nearly every spender in the game from small to large right?  Even if the tower cycle is easy...you’d still do it to chase the LXP right?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    While I understand it, this weekend WOH is definitely geared toward the highest of the higher end players and the big spenders.  It's not a great fit for those of us who are marginal HOF players and/or need a lot of gold to cycle.  Meanwhile the studs are going to absolutely clean up this weekend on resources and further their gap between the casual tier.  

The rich are going to get richer.
    That was basically my feedback on Friday. I said that while I love the hell out of the format, I'm not so sure it's a good thing for the community. It was easy if you had a top end team(in diamond), but a real struggle if you had holes in your lineup. The end result is exactly how @Wicked0Wildcats described: the rich get richer. 
    On the flip side, this weekend was the exact opposite of the first royal weekend, which essentially helped many play 'catch up' while the more advanced teams just ignored WoH. 
    I know many felt that the difficulty was overboard, but relative to the rewards(which were amazing), I'd say that the scale was more than fair. From a diamond perspective, each cycle(once the reward players were capped) was a gain of roughly: +100k bxp, +7k pxp, +19k lxp, +cash. Here's some food for thought: many are quick to buy mega lxp boxes and comparatively speaking, in order to get 19k lxp, it will cost almost 4k gold.
    Personally, I made out like a bandit and my team definitely leveled up. At the very least, I hope guys had fun. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.