Happy Turkey Day WoH: Please Update Pitching Matchups, Etc

Comments

• eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    First run through. 1 for 3. About normal from Monday.
    2nd go around 1 - 10. I mean how a 20/20 Van Slyke + 80 boost from less than a week ago isn't good enough is just mind blowing.  All the gold spent to get Van Slyke last weekend, then to level his skills to the max, and now all the gold restarts on 6.10 is just too much.   

This isn't fun.  This isn't worth anybody's time. 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Damn that sucks to hear, that’s just ridiculous 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    DFBB said:
    If you had trouble Monday, save yourself the frustration. It's turkey day. Have a fun day...even if that means no tsb.
    Best advice in tap history
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    A little annoyed because I pulled a Prime Rendon yesterday and it was stated in the news he would be a bonus player thru Dec 4 similar to Tino.  Tino is a bonus today but Rendon isnt.   Pretty unfortunate as I thought Rendon would help me close in on an FP milestone today.   Emailed CS but Im not hopeful there.
    whats his max overall can u send a pic
    470 ovr   145/127 at B1....On base and VS LHP skills
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    ihuffglu said:
    this punchable mug
    Especially when he shot that kid on the dirt bike in Breaking Bad...I wanted to punch the tv screen!
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    A little annoyed because I pulled a Prime Rendon yesterday and it was stated in the news he would be a bonus player thru Dec 4 similar to Tino.  Tino is a bonus today but Rendon isnt.   Pretty unfortunate as I thought Rendon would help me close in on an FP milestone today.   Emailed CS but Im not hopeful there.
    whats his max overall can u send a pic
    470 ovr   145/127 at B1....On base and VS LHP skills
    That's so stupid. Theres a rendon in the game 30 max over all higher...
    is it just me or did glu deactivate blowout. every single time i get within 3 runs on 6.9 i get curved nonstop. makes sense with their bait-and-switch, with baines and vanslyke, and its not an action we would be surprised by.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    is it just me or did glu deactivate blowout. every single time i get within 3 runs on 6.9 i get curved nonstop. makes sense with their bait-and-switch, with baines and vanslyke, and its not an action we would be surprised by.
    I've heard many have issues using AVS/Stan, but @criffy is crushing it with Powell(vs rhp/blowouts).
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    Bumgarner in level 5 gave me hell. 
  • mastodonrocksmastodonrocks Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    Powell has never lost against Gibson for me. Not once. If I can get through 6.8,6.9, I know I’m good. Strange but true. 
    Bumgarner in level 5 gave me hell. 
    Took my tony perez 3 tries
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    AVS with 80g boost is 0-6 VS Gibson. 3 times I've had bases loaded with less than 2 outs and each of the next batters gets curved out. I'm done for the day; this isn't fun. 
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    All Star L5 got all new pitchers. It’s a lot tougher now. Last week, I cycled HOF multiple times, now I can’t even beat All Star. Happy Thanksgiving! :s
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I haven't busted through yet. Only two tries, but today's gameplay, at least for me, is more enjoyable. I'm not stuck in that unbreakable curve sequence. Dealing with more straight pitches today, but popping them up, etc. Lots of noodle bats. I much prefer losing this way. 

I got past Ryan just once. Have to time him perfectly or it is a pop up every time.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    buddydave said:
    All Star L5 got all new pitchers. It’s a lot tougher now. Last week, I cycled HOF multiple times, now I can’t even beat All Star. Happy Thanksgiving! :s
    This

two weeks ago I was battling and had multiple shots at 6.10 HOF.  Just could quite get there

now, I can’t even complete All-Star.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

I just want to add confusion to your guys' skills conversation 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    kruk still getting it done today 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    I’m thankful to Glu for emphasizing once again today what a pointless waste of time this game is unless you are willing to spend a bunch. Adios folks. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    COWPILEY said:
    I’m thankful to Glu for emphasizing once again today what a pointless waste of time this game is unless you are willing to spend a bunch. Adios folks. 
    To be honest, those in my club who spend are just as frustrated as the rest of us. Glu is playing with fire in terms of how far they can push us. 
  • TIDDYBARTIDDYBAR Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Couldn't bday hof 6.10 Monday. But I cycled hof today after upgrading my lineups skills to 12-16. No restarts. Only boosted on 6.10 and I'm not even sure I needed it as chipper Jones was boosted to 327 before the gold boost
  • 17takeitback1917takeitback19 Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    Happy Thanksgiving guys does anyone by chance have last 4 of classic 
  • cobrakai11cobrakai11 Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    Pitching matchups on level 6 are standard righties except they screwed us again on thanksgiving with the new difficulty which was way ramped you starting this last weekend.  I think i am quitting the game just because of this.  It seems they are telling me please don’t play anymore.  Good luck. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    First time through HOF. Only took unlocking Matthews 3 times so he could cover 6-6 through 6-9 and Bell handled 6-10 on the video restart. Matthews and Bell are the only ones with skills at 20/20. Rest are 12/12 for the most part. Keepers are 8/8. 

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts

I just want to add confusion to your guys' skills conversation 
    Hmmmmm… that makes me wanna level up my Red ShoeDentist.  Hope he has some yeezys in stock while I'm  getting a cleaning.  Welp, gotta go cycle classic really quick.  Happy Thanksgiving all.
    Just no.  
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Good luck and best wishes to you all. COWPILEY out for good. 

I managed to get through it twice in about five hours of play.  I was working on my third trip through when time ran out.

As stated above, the game play for me this time was much more enjoyable. I wasn't facing insane curve out after curve out after curve out.  Monday the unbeatable pattern started on about 6.5.  Today I didn't see that until I got to Gibson.

Gibson twice allowed me to get to 6-5, bases loaded, one out with the exact same sequence of pitches and hits. First time, he curved me out twice in that scenario. I did a video reboot, and low and behold, same scenario happened again. This time, however, on the first curve out, I drove a pitch to the warning track instead of just watching them and tied it. Next pitch, of course was the curve out. Ended up beating him in extras.

Another time I got Gibson to extra innings, only to step up and nine straight curves. No chance to win.

But again, at least that wasn't that way for nearly four hours. I actually felt like I had a chance yesterday, and that made it fun.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    I had a terrible Thanksgiving WOH. I left the house without my sheets I was lost  :'(

All you need to remember are where the very few R pitchers are on each level.

There aren't many. That's how I get by without my sheets.

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    You know you can save images and documents on your phone right fellas?!   LOL
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    i use the gmail method. keep a draft e-mail saved for the 2 days of the week by level / pitcher handedness. can pull it up on the desktop at work and if i'm mobile only, can have it open in the background. but usually once i'm on my 3rd cycle, i have it nailed down to memory for the day