how do u time up 6.10 nolan ryan

aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
edited November 2019 in General TSB Discussion
im 0-12 on him already, have only used video boost with AVS gold capped skills at 16/13

Comments

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    use 80g...
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    criffy said:
    use 80g...
    still popping everything up

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    get those skills up to 16/16 would be next
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Though I am silver, I dominate Ryan, no issues.

I use Cecil Cooper. He is 510, two lefty skills, and both are 18.

What I do with Ryan on 6.10 is I absolutely wait until that pitch is damn near in the catchers mitt before I swing. Yes, WoH is all about hitting the other way, but in this case, you literally have to time it perfectly almost like you want to hit in ON the line. Sometimes Cecil will still pull it, but when he does, it is usually a HR.

On 7.7, I use Cecil again, except on 7.7 I purposely try to pull him. Only down 2 there with one on. On 7.7 I usually am able to end it in three pitches or less.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts

Though I am silver, I dominate Ryan, no issues.

I use Cecil Cooper. He is 510, two lefty skills, and both are 18.

What I do with Ryan on 6.10 is I absolutely wait until that pitch is damn near in the catchers mitt before I swing. Yes, WoH is all about hitting the other way, but in this case, you literally have to time it perfectly almost like you want to hit in ON the line. Sometimes Cecil will still pull it, but when he does, it is usually a HR.

On 7.7, I use Cecil again, except on 7.7 I purposely try to pull him. Only down 2 there with one on. On 7.7 I usually am able to end it in three pitches or less.

Got it on try #18 with no boost whatsoever. Your strategy worked amazingly, thank you. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Glad I could help!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    If you're getting pitches, it means the batter is good enough. If not, you need to upgrade the batter and/or the skills. There is very little 'skill' involved. Just don't swing early and you'll be fine.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • TIDDYBARTIDDYBAR Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    What DFBB just said- 100% accurate. You can get lucky on earlier rounds using a batter that isn't good enough...however that's rarely possible on the later rounds
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    DFBB said:
    If you're getting pitches, it means the batter is good enough. If not, you need to upgrade the batter and/or the skills. There is very little 'skill' involved. Just don't swing early and you'll be fine.

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    DFBB said:
    100%.  Last time thru I didn’t have my glasses and was 2 1/2 sheets to the wind and could hardly see the ball.  Timing has very little to do with it although I do try to always go opposite field.