Options

Cyber Monday WOH

Comments

• Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

@dustyhunks, this is correct.

Here is how I approach the late rounds in terms of knowing when I am being curved out, or when I am not. There is a difference....

If the first pitch in any given at bat is straight/bender/whatever, and it doesn't cross the heart of the plate (most benders will be blatantly obvious as they will go through your hitter or the other batter's box), that is a programmed out for you. If you make contact with ANY pitch in that particular sequence, you will pop it up, soft grounder, etc. Yes, there will also sometimes be a straight pitch in that sequence, but again, you will just slow roll it or pop it up.

What I do in this scenario is if the first pitch curves, I watch it to see if that is an auto out for me. If it crosses the heart of the plate, I rest easy knowing a straight one is coming and I have a shot to get a runner on.  Sometimes you may get two over the heart of the plate before the straight one comes.  Again, you can see the difference.

What I am learning to do is try to take advantage of these auto outs in late rounds as the margin for error is sometimes NIL. There is a huge risk/reward to it (like maybe hitting into a DP), but if I have men on base and I know I'm getting an auto out, I try to at least advance them. I did this numerous times yesterday against Brown and Gibson, and it saved a few rounds.

Also, I know many here have told me I'm wrong, but I have had many repeated sequences against the same guys. For example, Brown for me is VERY predictable. Even though I have a great matchup advantage, I know when he is likely to curve me out of the round regardless of how well I'm crushing him. For example, if he starts me out with an auto out, I know that round is over. That has been the sequence every time. I may get to 6-4 or 6-5, but he's curving me out.

Gibson, on the other hand, if he starts me with a curve out, I am more likely to win the round.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Have you ever considered the RNG algorithm for Silver is intentionally harder?  That you may in fact be beating your head against a wall to try and figure this out?

• Options
    Have you ever considered the RNG algorithm for Silver is intentionally harder?  That you may in fact be beating your head against a wall to try and figure this out?

I know it is harder.

Question, if you are gold and have a 520 guy going against Gibson with both skills on, what is your matchup advantage to start the round?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    I beat it twice yesterday.  1) with Reggie Davis and 2) with Ted Williams

here is the bizarre part...beating with Davis took me 3 extra innings to finally win.

the Ted Williams attempt was a mistake.  I had just leveled him, got excited, and neglected to realize he had just ONE skill active for 6.10.  But he breezed right through it.  Won with zero out.
  • Options
    criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts

I know it is harder.

Question, if you are gold and have a 520 guy going against Gibson with both skills on, what is your matchup advantage to start the round?

if you're asking whether i get a "great matchup" popup at the beginning of the AB, i do not even with an 80g boost and 20/20 skills. i still cycle cap tho
  • Options

Yes, that is exactly what I am asking. I get one at Silver on every round, except for 6.8 with Ryan and 6.10 with Gibson.

Every other round in Level 6 I get the notice when the at bat starts.

I never get curved out with Ryan, and I use Cecil Cooper with 17/17 skills. Cecil murders him.

Musial will start the round in the 320 range (without any boost), but even with a boost, I see no advantage. I still beat him, but trying to avoid curve outs in later rounds.  This information is helpful.

Also, when you cycle cap at gold, what levels/rounds are you actually simming and playing?

• Options
    @drsmartassphd i sim first 7 rounds of first 5 levels, play the rest out. i sim first 6 of level 6, play the rest out.

it's also that my team is all 490+ with double skills active for the most part at minimum 12/12 but mostly 16/16
  • Options

Yes, that is exactly what I am asking. I get one at Silver on every round, except for 6.8 with Ryan and 6.10 with Gibson.

I never get curved out with Ryan, and I use Cecil Cooper with 17/17 skills. Cecil murders him.

Musial will start the round in the 320 range (without any boost), but even with a boost, I see no advantage. I still beat him, but trying to avoid curve outs in later rounds.  This information is helpful.

Also, when you cycle cap at gold, what levels/rounds are you actually simming and playing?

Re simming...so for context, my first time through I had just (3) 520 guys capped with skills at 12/12.  I have (1) 450 Prime with 12/12...and the rest are 435's at 8/8.  I had to manual everything past 6.5 and even that took me several tried before it wouldn't give me a loss.

My second time through, I had added Teddy, plus the 470 LH Catcher from the weekend.  Leveled to G10 and skills at 12/10.  I basically moved all my guys down 1-2 slots.  I was able to easily sim through 6.7 without issue.  I have no doubt that had I had more time, I could have beat HOF several more times at least. 

The change from the two rounds was HUGE

• Options
    edited December 2019

Ok, TYVM. One last question as I should have asked earlier:

In gold, how many times do you need to win to cycle-cap without any discounts on leveling? 10?

I am able to win about 3-4 times in silver, which is enough to cycle at that level.

• Options
    If you have FP active....it takes 74,480 LXP to fully level a Legend at Gold.  You would have to run the math on the rest.
  • Options

Ok, TYVM. One last question as I should have asked earlier:

In gold, how many times do you need to win to cycle-cap without any discounts on leveling? 10?

I am able to win about 3-4 times in silver, which is enough to cycle at that level.

what do you mean? I usually take my guy to s9 or s10 depending on on how much time i have that day. if i know i'm getting 12 cycles in i'll do s9, if not, i'll take to s10 (used to be g2 or g3 but need to save evo on leveling up from s10 to g1 nowadays with the dumb cool down). this costs about 30-35k in LXP. i cycle cap, get about 13k or so on average in LXP per cycle, so i usually come way ahead from an LXP perspective. from a formulaic perspective: 30k initial cost, gross returns 12 to 14 * 13k = ~150-180k PLUS a fully capped legend
  • Options
    I’ll add one additional caveat for anyone following along and trying to get over the HOF hump...pay attention to your gold.  Seems obvious...but the first time I got close to beating HOF....I didn’t have enough gold to consistently do the 80G boots on 6.9 and 6.10

if you need those...you need to also make sure you have enough gold...to do those boosts...on each level you plan on completing 

again...seems obvious...but let’s say I plan on doing 10 levels.  Using 2 boosts each time.  That’s 1600 gold I need to have on hand to get it done.
  • Options
    The quote function here annoys me
  • Options
    edited December 2019

That's what I'm asking. If you are gold, and want to finish your day of WoH with a Legend at G10, you have no field pass....

How many times do you need to beat WoH HoF to get this done? From what you stated above, sounds like you go in and know you want to win the guy, bump him to S9 immediately, then keep winning until you hit G10. That correct? That would mean you need to beat WoH HoF mode about 8-9 times.

Edit, OK, I see you are saying now S9 or S10, then beat it about 10 more times.

• Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts

With d10 Stan (520), both skills at 20, an 80g boost and the "small screen boost" or whatever it's called- I still don't get the matchup favorability 😟
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    My D10 Baylor (skills 20/20) was AWESOME yesterday against Gibson. He lost his first matchup, but then went 12 for 12, getting 2 outs only twice. HoF was so much fun, did my 12 cycles without all the stress I had last week with those D5 pitchers after just reaching diamond.
  • Options
    You need to back in to the math based on how much LXP you have on hand at the time, and how much additional you want to spend.

without FP, it takes 106,400 LXP to take a Legend to G10.

so for instance....assuming a 10,000 LXP reward for completing....if you had 35,000 on hand after beating for the first time...you could immediately take him to S10.  

Then the math is how many times to complete, the LXP reward for that level and the remaining LXP needed from whatever you’re at to G10

• Options

Ok so then you can either win it 10 more times to go from S10 to G10 straight up, or likely 8 will do it at 10K each, plus the "already owned" 3K LxP you get as well.

BTW, I'm asking bc I currently have about 250K LxP, 400 Evo, and enough Gold to go gold. If I am going to do it, I'm taking all my effing legends with me. Deciding now which ones I would cap if I make the jump. Of course, I would also buy the field pass this week to get the 30% discount.

Each Legend I want to take from S10 to G10 would require (30% off) about 39,580 additional LxP. I have more than enough to cap five of them now, at least. Then put the rest at what, G5?

With the 30% discount, I would only need 210 Evo (have 350) and 2100 gold (would get with FP).

• Options
    @drsmartassphd YOLO - as we youngins say: you only live once.

go for it - it's a more fun game mode IMO (easier WOH which makes acquiring resources easier, easier CVC).

i'd cap the 5 you are ready for, bring one more up to g6 or so. you can handle the first four rounds of a given level with capped bxp guys i think - it's been so long for me that i have no idea the worth of a bxp guy in woh at gold
  • Options

Criffy, couple of things:

1) I'm just a tad over 40. I know what YOLO is, bro. LOL

2) I have no other players but legends. I dumped all the rest. I'm going balls to the wall. I have no prime players. Cut them all for the PxP. From this point forward, I won't try and pull players any longer. I just keep getting legends so I want to stay silver.
    Every guy I own in my lineup or on my bench is a 490 or higher legend. With that, if I make the jump, I think I know who will get bumped.

• Options
    edited December 2019

Criffy, couple of things:

1) I'm just a tad over 40. I know what YOLO is, bro. LOL

2) I have no other players but legends. I dumped all the rest. I'm going balls to the wall. I have no prime players. Cut them all for the PxP. From this point forward, I won't try and pull players any longer. I just keep getting legends so I want to stay silver.
    Every guy I own in my lineup or on my bench is a 490 or higher legend. With that, if I make the jump, I think I know who will get bumped.

Well, you could cycle woh tomorrow if there's a prime, and perhaps cycle classic next Monday instead of Hof. Basically give yourself two weeks to build up however you can, be it bxp/prime/legend guys 🤷🏻‍♂️ honestly, a few bxp guys can handle the .1-3 spots (level 6 may be a challenge that way, idk) and primes can handle probably .4-.6? 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    edited December 2019

plus the "already owned" 3K LxP you get as well.

This depends on the players rating and level. For example, another cycle at d10 would be 9k and some change duplicate lxp. Not sure what gold is, but it'll be higher than what you're getting now. 
  • Options
    Wouldn't a legend at say, G4, be able to get through the lower rounds pretty well? Seems like that would be darn close to a BxP at G10 or Prime guy at G6 or G7....

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Wouldn't a legend at say, G4, be able to get through the lower rounds pretty well? Seems like that would be darn close to a BxP at G10 or Prime guy at G6 or G7....
    Why waste lxp like that? Might as well save it until you can get a legend to g10 imo
  • Options
    Ok, sounds like I need to wait then. All I own are legends.

• Options
    you really don't need to wait. like seriously, go now and you won't regret it at all. you just need to be willing to grind out woh on days that it's available.
  • Options
    Ok so if I make the plunge, what level should I put my other legends at? G4 or G5 should be enough?

• Options
    You'll be fine, I'm just saying you could use bxp and primes for some spots instead of leveling guys to g5. Cap the guys you want to cap and go from there 😬
  • Options
    Ok so if I make the plunge, what level should I put my other legends at? G4 or G5 should be enough?
    Take 4-5 of them immediately to G10

leave the rest at S10.  Only start leveling one when you have enough LXP to do it all at once
  • Options