Cyber Monday WOH

1235Next

Comments

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    DFBB said:
    0-4 against Gibson :(

I have played Gibson so often trying to win Royale that the only outs I get on him are the curve outs. Anything straight from Him, Brown, or Ryan, is a hit.

I play this way too much.

Just to be clear, you can hit any pitch that goes across the middle of the plate.The ones on the corners, regardless of pitch type, will be outs at the end of the higher levels.
    Let's try this again. Apparently there's something I type this stupid forum software has a problem with....

I disagree slightly with this. Once the corner, unittable strike is thrown there is at times a second pitch right down the middle that is also unhittable, usually a two-seam fastball or breaking ball. Meaning it will always be an out regardless of pitch type if the forced out sequence is engaged. This is also followed by a third corner strike often of the unhittable variety.

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    DFBB said:

I have played Gibson so often trying to win Royale that the only outs I get on him are the curve outs. Anything straight from Him, Brown, or Ryan, is a hit.

Just to be clear, you can hit any pitch that goes across the middle of the plate.The ones on the corners, regardless of pitch type, will be outs at the end of the higher levels.
    Let's try this again. Apparently there's something I type this stupid forum software has a problem with....

I disagree slightly with this. Once the corner, unittable strike is thrown there is at times a second pitch right down the middle that is also unhittable, usually a two-seam fastball or breaking ball. Meaning it will always be an out regardless of pitch type if the forced out sequence is engaged. This is also followed by a third corner strike often of the unhittable variety.

This is also true. At the time, I forgot about that sequence. I always swing at the first pitch if it's down the middle and I usually don't bother to swing at all if the first pitch is on the corner. To further support your observation, I don't even swing at pitches down the middle if the first pitch is on the corner.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    DFBB said:

I have slight disagreement with this. When you get a starting sequence of one of those unhittable strikes on corner at times the next pitch is right down the middle but is also unhittable followed by another corner "strike". My point is, once the sequence starts with an unhittable strike the at-bat is as good as over in later rounds. I have never gotten a hit off the mid-sequence down the middle strike personally. I don't think it's possible.
    They can be hit.

and you can usually tell when you’ll see a mid-sequence one; the breaking pitch before looks totally different when one is coming.

i probably notice this more with Gibson than any other SP in WOH