New ATG: Hammerin' Hank!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
First repeat atg for tsb. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Where...I have Gold to Blow!
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Us peasants? Maybe 2-3 weeks before we can buy.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I find that comment interesting.  I guess ill wait.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Seeing you call yourself a peasant is just comedy gold! 
    JTANDME said:
    DFBB said:
    I've never been in a coopers club so I have to wait like most people. :(
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Another outfielder... with RISP... 
  • DODGERSYANKSDOADODGERSYANKSDOA Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    @DFBB.   Thanks for the Hammerin Aaron heads up.
    Could “SayHey” MAYS be next?  
    My pot of gold is waiting, GLU!

THESAYHEYBEAST
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    DFBB said:
    JTANDME said:
    DFBB said:
    I've never been in a coopers club so I have to wait like most people. :(

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    DFBB said:
    First repeat atg for tsb. 

Repeat disappointingly on the skills as well.  
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    So far, the only one I'd want is Ted. Don't get me wrong, if I got one I'd be thrilled.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    I don’t understand why everyone likes Ted so much...I actually prefer Jackie’s skills out of all the ATGs so far. 🤷‍♂️
    Jackie's skills are solid. My default is to always think WoH HoF closers when looking at skills of the highest rated guys.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

True...I just don’t trust any skills for WoH anymore, other than late innings, RHP/LHP, and WoH - regarding WoH closers.  I thought blowout was good, but like @dustyhunks mentioned in another post, it just seems too inconsistent to fully trust.
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    Jackie's skills are definitely not solid.

1- he will never be a WOH closer, only mid rounds, and those are super easy to sim with less costly players
    2-only 1 active CVC skill - and that's assuming it doesn't turn off as soon as you score 3 runs
    3-you will only ever have 1 active skill in all other modes. You win 90% plus of your games by many more than 3 runs, so by the time you hit late innings to activate that skill the close skill will be deactivated most of the time.

It's one of the weakest combos possible and he costs a ton of LXP to level. Up to you but I'm not levelling him, I'd rather spread the LXP around to other players.
    Jackie's skills are definitely not solid.

2-only 1 active CVC skill - and that's assuming it doesn't turn off as soon as you score 3 runs
    I hate to add salt to the wound, but it turns off....😬
    Well, if I knew for certain about blowout skill, I would put Ted ahead for WoH.  In that regard, none are closers.  So Jackie and Ted are best for WoH, in my opinion - which is the only game mode I care about now.  I say that because both of them are platoon proof, while Lou and Hank only get both skills active against either RHP or LHP and need a RISP as well.  I don’t care much about skills for bonus games or tournaments because, as you said, I win 95% of those regardless of who I put have in my lineup.  With CvC, I used to care because of chasing FP achievements, but I don’t even care about that much now either, especially while the CvC points are zeroed out.

All that being said, I agree that many will not share my opinion, but for me I think he is most valuable, as he has the only skill that we know for sure is ALWAYS active in WoH.

• 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    edited December 2019
    Well, if I knew for certain about blowout skill, I would put Ted ahead for WoH.  In that regard, none are closers.  So Jackie and Ted are best for WoH, in my opinion - which is the only game mode I care about now.  I say that because both of them are platoon proof, while Lou and Hank only get both skills active against either RHP or LHP and need a RISP as well.  I don’t care much about skills for bonus games or tournaments because, as you said, I win 95% of those regardless of who I put have in my lineup.  With CvC, I used to care because of chasing FP achievements, but I don’t even care about that much now either, especially while the CvC points are zeroed out.

All that being said, I agree that many will not share my opinion, but for me I think he is most valuable, as he has the only skill that we know for sure is ALWAYS active in WoH.

For WoH I'll easily take Lou over the other ATGs released so far. Hank would be good too as he has same skills, but I'd rather have the lefty hitter. Lou is great for every HoF level and would be so nice to have for 6.9 (or 6.8, if 6.9 is ever changed to a LHP).
    edited December 2019
    Good point about Lou for right now, though I can’t imagine HoF level 6 will stay all RHP forever.  Again, it was just my opinion, and I respect both of your opinions as well.
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    Good point about Lou for right now, though I can’t imagine HoF level 6 will stay all RHP forever.  Again, it was just my opinion, and I respect both of your opinions as well.
    Of course if both 6.8 and 6.9 are LHPs Lou isn't any better than Jackie for WoH, beside platoon advantage as there are more RHPs than LHPs. But since I've started playing HoF in early July I don't recall that ever being the case. And the fact that Glu is releasing so many righty legend hitters right now and so few leftys leads me to believe it won't happen any time soon lol
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I am with the “they are too expensive” crew.  The only reason I would upgrade one is if I pulled him before he starts becoming a bonus player.  Then I would get 2 solid weeks of production from him to justify the 3x lxp.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    I’m slowly leveling Jackie because he’s the only ATG I’ve received so far and he is guaranteed to end with the highest max rating possible.  The prospect of him ending up a keeper was enough incentive for me.
  • MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    edited December 2019
    I’m slowly leveling Jackie because he’s the only ATG I’ve received so far and he is guaranteed to end with the highest max rating possible.  The prospect of him ending up a keeper was enough incentive for me.
    Unfortunately I’m in that same boat. Do you think he could be a closer for WOH? I’m in platinum 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    You can keep a keeper candidate at b1.....it’s all the same after you bring them over.   
  • inoculuminoculum Registered Users, Member 101 Posts
    LOL LOL i've closed a ton with Jackie.  against righties no less.  closed with ted too.  neither with boosts.  both d10

After the FP purchase last week where I was gifted about 150 bucks worth of crap I didn't earn, I figured I'd break down last night and get it. I was almost to the 150M mark anyway, and now I know I'll have a huge point getter the rest of the week. If I can hit 500M goal, this is a decent ROI.