The Forum World Series! - Sign up deadline Wednesday 12/11, 3pm eastern

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    @criffy thanks man! Ive been added. Appreciate you putting g this together. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    *insert “you salty bro” sticker*
    I’ll have to consult with @retirepujols for said sticker. He’s my dealer
    I gave that one to @[Glu Sports] blueleopard and I'm not sure if he'd be willing to pass it on, but I assure you it's a dandy. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    All the leeches and blood suckers heard “free gift” and now they all want to sign up. So sad 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    bumping to remind that tomorrow (Wednesday) is last day for sign ups. thanks to @blueleopard for the promotion! i will put together the bracket tomorrow evening, so let's make the sign up deadline 3pm eastern / noon pacific.

we are still short of players in the silver bracket so if any of you are out there, we could use some more users to spruce up the competition. diamond / platinum bracket also doesn't seem to have a lot of momentum but enough for an 8 team bracket (with top seed getting a bye at 7 teams at the moment).

gold seems where we have the most interest and most even playing field - might be a few extra rounds so may take the longest to complete. should be a good time!
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    edited December 2019
    if @dfbb is in Im out.

--Moderator Comment--
    He's in or I will ban him
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

if @dfbb is in Im out.

--Moderator Comment--
    He's in or I will ban him

debbie is no where to be found in the sign up list. don't think he's coming along for the ride... you all do have a chance! well maybe not you @matt_sackett ;)
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Was torn originally but Ill do it, sounds fun.  Added
    edited December 2019
    Deleted Smart ass Comment

Edit:
    Here's the link to the sign up sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZhNz8PLyVky1UPxJcbRHJMMx-UIpTH4OowwPxqmGVbk/edit?usp=sharing

Bump So we dont have to look for it.

• ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    I can’t figure out how to edit the sheet. Can someone add me. Same TSB name as here. TS 125K. Congrats to whoever gets me as a layup lol 
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Criffy - appreciate what you are doing here man. Thanks.
    I have a comment regarding your rules/guidelines for play - specifically point #5....no pregame boosts.
    I'm just thinking that is going to be a tough rule to enforce. To my knowledge (i may be wrong) there is no way to verify whether you opponent has or hasn't boosted. As a result I think it relies on "the honor system" for proper enforcement. Is this a good idea? Or would it just be easier to say - go ahead - both players use the boost. That way there can be no finger pointing or accusations after the game that player X illegally boosted.....
    I'm thinking guideline #5 should be changed to allow boosts - as it eliminates any potential point of contention later.
    Just my opinion.
    Thanks for listening.

I have a comment regarding your rules/guidelines for play - specifically point #5....no pregame boosts.
    I'm just thinking that is going to be a tough rule to enforce. To my knowledge (i may be wrong) there is no way to verify whether you opponent has or hasn't boosted. As a result I think it relies on "the honor system" for proper enforcement. Is this a good idea? Or would it just be easier to say - go ahead - both players use the boost. That way there can be no finger pointing or accusations after the game that player X illegally boosted.....
    I'm thinking guideline #5 should be changed to allow boosts - as it eliminates any potential point of contention later.
    Just my opinion.
    Thanks for listening.

i may be wrong on this, but i think the issue with a pregame boost is that the only person who can boost is the one who starts the game which would make it a one sided advantage. if i'm wrong on this, then i can make the adjustment.

but remember, this is all for fun. you all are adults part of this community... ask for a screenshot of one of your opponent's at bats if you think there's foul play, but honor code should be good enough
    Ok...just tested it...you're correct...boost only applies to the person who initiates the contest.
    So - strike my comments from the record.
    thanks for the quick feedback.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Just my opinion.
    Thanks for listening.

Unless it was recently changed, if a person boosts, it also applies to the other team. For example, I played against a friend that video boosted against me and I got the boost as well. Certainly worth testing for those who are interested.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    Unless it was recently changed, if a person boosts, it also applies to the other team. For example, I played against a friend that video boosted against me and I got the boost as well. Certainly worth testing for those who are interested.
    This. I also boosted against DFBB once.. that's when I was fully convinced that he's a bot. @Houmy was right all along, until someone used a boost against me and my guys received that boost 😂
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    @whammo911 did you withdraw? it's a public doc so just making sure it was you that messed up the spreadsheet
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Yup, sorry bout that
    Whammo got a disagree for confirming a fact? thats awesome.
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    criffy said:
    Ok, have had some time over the weekend to mull over some ground rules, and also test out the manual play. Will also post these guidelines in the original post of this thread down the road and edit as we think of other things to take into account.

As I mentioned previously, these are guidelines - you and your opponent can decide upon rules yourself. If you have any doubt or disagreements, revert to the guidelines or ask me to try to help resolve any issues. If you have the line app, it may be easier to communicate through than the private message function on the forums - feel free to add me (line id: mastacriff) and I will set up a chat for all the participants for tracking the fun (updates, smack talk, screenshots, etc.)
    1. Should be a best of 5, best of 7 will take too long - but feel free to change negotiate this with your opponent
    2. Try to determine a time in advance with your opponent to set aside an hour or two (or a couple of one hour sessions). I think if you manually play, you can probably get a game in within 15-20 minutes if you're both ready and waiting.
    3. Before you start a game, make sure your opponent has their lineup ready. The higher seed will start the first game through 'Start a Game' > Nickname Search' highlighted somewhere in this thread. After the first game, you will alternate who starts the game.
    4. You can line up whichever pitcher you want to against your opponent. Note that if you start your SP1, you will face your opponent's SP1 automatically - this is Glu functionality. This goes down the line - for example, if you start your SP3, you will face your opponent's SP3, etc.
    5. No pre-game boosts allowed - the game allows you to do a video or gold boost but this is strictly prohibited.
    6. Manual play only unless you agree upon both simulation rules.
    7. No enabling handicap, unless you both agree to it. This would only make sense to enable if you're playing games across tiers (i.e. platinum vs. diamond or silver vs. gold), but both parties need to agree to it
    8. Unlimited use of resources allowed (primarily energy drinks, ice wraps but I don't think they let you ice wrap in a nickname search game so you need to line up your rotation by cycling through bonus games)
    9. Winner of each match to report results to the Google Sheet set up for this (I will set up an easy reporting system) or you can report to me (through the line app chat or PM on the forums)
    I'm sure I'm missing an angle or two but feel free to comment if you think I'm missing important.

Still awaiting sign ups for setting up the bracket. Looks like the gold bracket is going to be fun - lots of evenly matched teams. Diamond bracket so far looks a little all over the place but they're probably grinding away at tapping the actual game so haven't seen a huge turnout on sign ups thus far.
    Re. #4: If the Away team’s SP1 automatically lines up with the Home team’s SP1, then the opponents should agree beforehand that whatever pitcher they will use will be their SP1. Otherwise, the Away team (i.e., team initiating the matchup) can place their Ace at SP5, and start the game with their SP5 Ace to trigger an uneven matchup against the opponent’s SP5. If we can agree that we only use SP1 when initiating a matchup, then this won’t happen.  
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @Horse42, I would disagree with only using SP1 and go more the route of rule #5. No ice wraps and no boosts. If you have a truly World Series champ roster, in the real deal at least,  you can't rely on just an ace to bring it home so why should you expect to here? 
    LAST CALL FOR SIGNUPS. LOCKING IT UP AT 3PM EASTERN
    BRACKETS ARE LIVE. YOU CAN FIND THEM HERE OR THE ORIGINAL POST
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    #22 seed gonna take it home. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    #22 seed gonna take it home. 
    Gotta give you the disagree on that. You on the line app? If so hit me up there - KSMETS is the name
    Well im only down 36 Runs....I can do this.

• MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    I can see the gold bracket matchups. Not sure how to see the platinum/diamond matchups. 
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    edited December 2019
    Cooz19 said:
    I like this.  I'll even go as far as trying to get Glu to get a cool gift for the winner.
    The winner gets to create a player, and the teams participating all get one. 
    It's not as cool as that, but I think it's better than that.

Gift will only be going to first place though.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    If my opponent's user name is not found by Glu, I win the whole tourney, right?  I'm pretty sure that's how it works. 
    When can we start?
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    What the hell of course I play @retirepujols.