Anyone Catch The Cheat Level Yet Today For Pitchers?

Comments

• toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    Well drsmartassphd I cleared hall today in silver with no gold used.  You were better than me so you would have cleared in silver had you stayed.  Or maybe I got lucky.  Anyway I used to live vicariously through you.  Now I have to just live it.
  • MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Why stay in silver? I started playing this game again about 2 months ago. I’m guessing most of you guys started once the season started, and if you did, why would you be in silver? Or even gold for that matter? That just sounds so boring. Because you think the game is easier at that level? If you really are that “good” and know what your doing you wouldn’t be in silver or gold. You would be in diamond with the top players kicking ass. If you didn’t start earlier like I mentioned Then fine. But if you did... sorry man but you didn’t play the game right 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts

I have to say I did enjoy the way those yoga pants swayed back and forth when she walked away with my side piece.

Your wife and your girlfriend hang out together?!  

You do know what a sidepiece is right?   LOL
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    edited December 2019
    Marcuh said:
    Why stay in silver? I started playing this game again about 2 months ago. I’m guessing most of you guys started once the season started, and if you did, why would you be in silver? Or even gold for that matter? That just sounds so boring. Because you think the game is easier at that level? If you really are that “good” and know what your doing you wouldn’t be in silver or gold. You would be in diamond with the top players kicking ass. If you didn’t start earlier like I mentioned Then fine. But if you did... sorry man but you didn’t play the game right 
    @Marcuh I know you're new around these parts but there are different ways to play this game with various pros and cons to each level. Not everyone is striving to be the best which requires considerable time and money (mostly a ton of time) which not every person on this forum has unlimited time/ money to dedicate to what amounts to entertainment. However, I know my gold team can contribute considerably more to a club than your higher tiered platinum team.

Some advice: You might be better off reading up some older threads on this forum before people here turn on you for being brash and ignorant. 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    edited December 2019
    Not everyone thinks that way about this game - in fact the majority of users aren't diamond players and most of us wouldn't be sitting in that barren wasteland called platinum. For the benefits of going diamond weighed against the lack of time and desire to tap all day long, all week long to d6 cycle.

Just trying to help you not rack up disagrees on every single one of your posts if that's something you care about.

Edit, was in response to @Marcuh 's post that seems to have been deleted
  • MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    edited December 2019
    Looks like my post got deleted... sounds good. Maybe I will make another account and stay in silver.Sounds fun. Unless you guys disagree 😎... but like I said earlier. In my opinion it would be cool to
    get out of the sandbox and play on the beach. But not everyone is trying to be “the best” aka competitive I guess. 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Where has @MoenPDC been?
  • ReecesReeces Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    Where has @MoenPDC been?
    He’s at the beach... chilling!!!!
    Staying at GOLD in 2020....

• ReecesReeces Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    Dear Dr... Your expectation is way off.  If you was expecting to do anymore than 2 or 3 cycle on your first go around you’re crazy! You have to lower your goal and then you’ll be fine. GL and can you post a pic of your side piece with yoga pants.  
    Staying at GOLD in 2020....

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    @drsmartassphd

i believe we’ve been on about the same trajectory, so I’ll share my experience here

i started today with ATG Ted Williams and 520 Reggie Smith at G10 and 12/12

and flat out, Reggie absolutely crushed Ted on 6.10

last week I foot through twice....this week...6 times.  Enough to take (2) guys to 16/16 and another 520 to 16/14.

For me, the difference was all in the skills.  The upgrades absolutely changed the game for me 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    criffy said:
    Marcuh said:
    @Marcuh I know you're new around these parts but there are different ways to play this game with various pros and cons to each level. Not everyone is striving to be the best which requires considerable time and money (mostly a ton of time) which not every person on this forum has unlimited time/ money to dedicate to what amounts to entertainment. However, I know my gold team can contribute considerably more to a club than your higher tiered platinum team.

Some advice: You might be better off reading up some older threads on this forum before people here turn on you for being brash and ignorant. 
    Some of us are well read and still can’t get past behavioral issues.   LOL
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    buddydave said:
    @retirepujols And I'm the opposite. I don't swing if I know it's going to be unhittable and am more likely to get a hittable pitch in the next at bat--especially if they display the pitch calling rating. I don't think it's an increase in the middle of the round. They're just letting you know what the rating is, and in my experience, it's a fairly reliable sign that a fastball is coming next. I think I learned to look for this from Dr. Ass. 
    Thats a good method, I use to do the same. Then it got to the point that I'd foul those "unhittable" curveballs or any breaking ball that wasnt fast and down the middle. But yeah if you're getting nothing but 9 curves against a pitcher, try swinging at one and foul it out... Messes up their pitching sequence :)
  • digdug2626digdug2626 Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    buddydave said:
    @retirepujols And I'm the opposite. I don't swing if I know it's going to be unhittable and am more likely to get a hittable pitch in the next at bat--especially if they display the pitch calling rating. I don't think it's an increase in the middle of the round. They're just letting you know what the rating is, and in my experience, it's a fairly reliable sign that a fastball is coming next. I think I learned to look for this from Dr. Ass. 
    Thats a good method, I use to do the same. Then it got to the point that I'd foul those "unhittable" curveballs or any breaking ball that wasnt fast and down the middle. But yeah if you're getting nothing but 9 curves against a pitcher, try swinging at one and foul it out... Messes up their pitching sequence :)
    Though usually for me, if I swing at a curve ball 1st pitch Im getting 2 more. Sometimes if I let the first ort maybe 1st and second go it switches up things. I've walked on the second pitch after a 1st pitch curve strike or I might get a fastball or change up second or third pitch though they tend to be a little off plate so you dink it
  • digdug2626digdug2626 Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    Hell I wasn't able to get my first cycle until I went gold. Frustrating as all hell. Got inn my second WOH after going gold and am starting to be more consistent. For me the difference was all about proper match ups first and foremost is the righty/Lefty matchups. Made all the difference righty/Lefty matchups seem to get more fastballs.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

So after the wife went to bed last night, I found my side piece (Ipad) and started fingering her again. I just couldn't help myself. I just didn't want to believe this was happening. So I tried again from 10-11. The last hour before it all shut down.

Again, I blew through everything leading up to 6.10. Get to Gibson and SOS. Except this time when I started a round with the 80 gold boost, it was well over double the advantage due to the additional 5%. I've never seen my guy that high against a closer. You guys were right about the advantages in gold, for sure.

In the hour, I played Gibson five more times total. Twice I had a video reboot, the last time I didn't. All five times, despite being well over double in the matchup, I would get cheated when I got the tying run on base.  Only once or twice did I get a cheat out prior to that to that situation. As soon as that tying run was on, no matter the score, Gibson would end the round with whatever number of cheat outs were needed. It sucked so hard. I wasted so much damn gold and only cleared HoF twice yesterday.  Last Monday, while still at Silver, I beat it four times in less game play time.

I just don't get it. I'm reading the replies this morning.

Guys that still use Kruk at G10: I have Cecil Cooper at G10, Skills 18/18, and Cecil did not see a single straight pitch in five chances at Gibson, all with 80 gold boost. That is just unreal. Cecil is a 510 guy while Kruk is 470. This makes no sense that he get 45 straight cheat outs. I put him back down to Ryan at 6.8 where he just continued to demolish Ryan and end the round in 2-3 pitches. I used Eddie Matthews on Brown (huge advantage there and only got cheated out once at gold. I would get cheated out by Brown at Silver least 1/3 of the time, so that was a HUGE change there).

As for the user with Reggie Smith that did quite well: I am using Musial, which is basically Reggie Smith. Musial is the one that closed for me at gold, but again, only twice. He too got cheated out more than I care to remember.

As for the other poster stating to play at yet another level up: NO THANKS. The amount of time and money I would need to get to another level is just too much, and yesterday really soured my TSB experience for a while.

Now that I'm gold, I am going to constantly be short LxP and other resources if I land another good player. I see Royale is this weekend. I got Harrah so I will just save up what little I play this week to hopefully cap him and use him against Ruth Saturday to see if I can win once. If I don't have enough LxP to cap him, I sure as shit ain't paying for it.

The dreams I had of cycle capping a player at gold were shot to shit yesterday in a big way. Losing that way sucks so hard, especially when you know you are being cheated. I'd demolish Gibson if the game were fair and could easily cycle as my players are awesome and the advantage at gold IS much better.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited December 2019

So after the wife went to bed last night, I found my side piece (Ipad) and started fingering her again. I just couldn't help myself. I just didn't want to believe this was happening. So I tried again from 10-11. The last hour before it all shut down.

Again, I blew through everything leading up to 6.10. Get to Gibson and SOS. Except this time when I started a round with the 80 gold boost, it was well over double the advantage due to the additional 5%. I've never seen my guy that high against a closer. You guys were right about the advantages in gold, for sure.

In the hour, I played Gibson five more times total. Twice I had a video reboot, the last time I didn't. All five times, despite being well over double in the matchup, I would get cheated when I got the tying run on base.  Only once or twice did I get a cheat out prior to that to that situation. As soon as that tying run was on, no matter the score, Gibson would end the round with whatever number of cheat outs were needed. It sucked so hard. I wasted so much damn gold and only cleared HoF twice yesterday.  Last Monday, while still at Silver, I beat it four times in less game play time.

I just don't get it. I'm reading the replies this morning.

Guys that still use Kruk at G10: I have Cecil Cooper at G10, Skills 18/18, and Cecil did not see a single straight pitch in five chances at Gibson, all with 80 gold boost. That is just unreal. Cecil is a 510 guy while Kruk is 470. This makes no sense that he get 45 straight cheat outs. I put him back down to Ryan at 6.8 where he just continued to demolish Ryan and end the round in 2-3 pitches. I used Eddie Matthews on Brown (huge advantage there and only got cheated out once at gold. I would get cheated out by Brown at Silver least 1/3 of the time, so that was a HUGE change there).

As for the user with Reggie Smith that did quite well: I am using Musial, which is basically Reggie Smith. Musial is the one that closed for me at gold, but again, only twice. He too got cheated out more than I care to remember.

As for the other poster stating to play at yet another level up: NO THANKS. The amount of time and money I would need to get to another level is just too much, and yesterday really soured my TSB experience for a while.

Now that I'm gold, I am going to constantly be short LxP and other resources if I land another good player. I see Royale is this weekend. I got Harrah so I will just save up what little I play this week to hopefully cap him and use him against Ruth Saturday to see if I can win once. If I don't have enough LxP to cap him, I sure as shit ain't paying for it.

The dreams I had of cycle capping a player at gold were shot to shit yesterday in a big way. Losing that way sucks so hard, especially when you know you are being cheated. I'd demolish Gibson if the game were fair and could easily cycle as my players are awesome and the advantage at gold IS much better.

tl;Dr.. when you got the tying run, were the bases loaded? I noticed a huge jump in difficulty when I get the tying run and bases loaded against Gibby. I'm not sure if that's a thing, or in my head, but I try to avoid loading those bases with it's all tied up.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

One time it was 6-2, bases loaded, no out, then he threw nine straight in the other batter's box.

The other four times the situations all varied. The last one was 6-5, man on second, no outs. I had just drilled a double and cleared the bases with the score 6-2. This one had me fooled, temporarily, because it went against the other four sequences. When the ball didn't clear the fence, I knew I may be in trouble, but thought this was the one. NOPE. Nine straight in the other batter's box. I "lost". All I needed was one more straight one out of three at bats to tie or maybe HR. Nope. As usual, didn't get a shot.

Between the at bats I would say to myself "please don't cheat, please don't cheat, please don't cheat"...LOL

"Eff. It is cheating again. FML". LOLOLOLOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    Dr, something has to be up with your team.  I use Stan to close at Gold he is always 40 -50 %.  I only keep his skills at 16/16.  I do use the gold boost.  At gold, only Brown and Gibson are remotely challenging.  I sim round 1 through 7 on all levels.  I play 8-10.  I don't use video boost until 6-8, and only use them for 6-8 and 6-9.  I don't use gold restarts.  My "top" guys really aren't top guys.  For the last 5 I use 470 double runners on Reggie Jackson 12/12, 450 Late inn and rhp Mike scoscia 17/17, 490 rhp runners on Lenny Dykstra 14/14, my keeper Will Clark double rhp 14/14, and 520 Musial rhp blowout 16/16.   If I need rhb I use Cabrera 520 lhp late inning 16/16, Bench 520 Blow out lhp 16/16, or keeper mike schmidt lhp walk off 12/12. 
    I slow play at least one cycle with the Bronze 1 award player and I can use him for first 7 pitchers for the first 4 rounds, and a couple times in round 5 &6.  Sometime I video boost him, but that is it, and he is bronze 1 no skill and, I dont care L or R pitcher.
    I think you over analyze.  If I don't win, I just quickly sim back up to the spot and try again.  You are going to get an ulcer.  Just relax and enjoy it for what it is.

My approach is exactly the same as yours, EProspectPhils.

My Gold Stan is 18/17 on skills. I was expecting at gold to be able to clear Gibson at about a 50% clip, whereas at silver it was maybe 25%.  As you can see, it was maybe 10%, at best.

I did see a HUGE difference outside of Gibson yesterday, however. Like I said, at Silver, Brown would cheat me out at least 1/3 of the time, despite having a solid advantage. Yesterday he just cheated me out once, and it was a straight up 9 and out.

I dominate the rest of Level 6. Usually end each round outside of 6.9 in just one or two swings.

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    What are Cooper’s skills @drsmartassphd
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    Long time reader here. 

Mid-event, I decided to give double duties to my newly ATG Williams on 6.9 and 6.10 and to my surprise, he killed Gibson at 6.10 despite not having both his skills activated (although they are at 20/20). BTW I am gold. I do boost with 80 gold at 6.10.

Williams beat Gibson 4 times, while Morgan with skills at 16/16 just beat it once earlier in the day. I now regret leveling Morgan as he has a hard time to be the closer I thought he would be. 

I wish I used Williams earlier in the day, I would have cycled way more often.
    What are Cooper’s skills @drsmartassphd

Cooper is double RHP, so he is Kruk 2.0. Cecil is a damn beast too. It is HR derby every time I use him, minus what happened yesterday. He is my closer on Levels 1-3. I use him on 4.9 and 5.9 where he never loses.

Against Ryan, it is a bloodbath. LOL. 90% of the time that first pitch is a HR, making it 11-10 instantly. I usually end it three or four pitches later.

@lovingcurves...

That makes sense as you have an ATG going against an ATG.

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I don’t know, Doc. It honestly feels like you are doing something wrong. I cycled 4x yesterday at gold using Musial to close with 80g boost. The four cycles cost me about 500 gold, all in boosts. Maybe you’re spending too much gold and getting caught in RNG hell; or maybe you’re trying too many times successively and getting stuck. Sometimes hard closing the app and setting it aside for 30 minutes fixes everything. 

I’ve been silver and I’ve been gold, and there is no doubt which one is easier. Try again next week....

Yeah Metsicans, I tried, it fricked me, life goes on. I've invested too much into it to stop trying, for sure. I'll go for the tower this weekend and see what happens.

I do close and reopen as well when I get cheated out after a video retry. I usually farm gold while I wait for the video restart to come back, but now that sucks because of the new "extra click" system. LOL

Gold is definitely easier until you get to Gibson, I'm just getting screwed on Gibson more than I did when I was silver. Was not expecting that, especially with what happened when I tried Cecil Cooper as the closer. Holy hell that was nuts to see. Out of all the frickery yesterday, that's the one that still amazes me the most.

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited December 2019
    @drsmartassphd what was your "success" rate against Gibson yesterday? Did you track your wins and losses, or have a guesstimate? By no means should it be a complete cakewalk to 100% domination, but it should be easier for you 🤔 some believe it's more difficult if your whole lineup isn't capped in your tier, so maybe that's a thing?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts

Well great news. Got to Gibson again and finally got pitches to hit! 6-3, no outs, two on, then nine straight to "beat" me.  This time, I'm really stopping for a while. Nap time.

On a lighter note: If any of you got Belli LL, he is a beast against Ryan. I am 4-4 with him currently, and just realized his skills are only 8/8. I have yet to see a curve from Ryan against him either. Apparently all the curves are being saved for Gibby.

How many Cycles did you get in?
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

@drsmartassphd what was your "success" rate against Gibson yesterday? Did you track your wins and losses, or have a guesstimate? By no means should it be a complete cakewalk to 100% domination, but it should be easier for you 🤔 some believe it's more difficult if your whole lineup isn't capped in your tier, so maybe that's a thing?

I beat him twice out of what was probably 25 tries, total. Way less than at Silver with way more cheat outs. Last week, I cleared silver four times and faced him about 14-16 times.

• EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    Sorry had to 
    Image result for george seinfeld its me not you

• lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    @drsmartassphd Have you tried to delay the hit ? or maybe it's your wifi connection ?  :#