This game is sooo fun. Who agrees.

tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
I must first start out by saying this game was alot of fun when this version rolled out. I started middle of 2018 and I was hooked immediately. Learned some stuff last year and tried to incorporate that this year. Anyway going thru bronze silver gold and platinum were easy. I do run a slightly older android phone so the lag of 2019 struck me hard. Once I went diamond I realized this  game went from FUN. to a chore that made me play this thing at least 12 hours a day. I have alot of down time at work so it didnt really bother me too much but it slowly started to just not be fun anymore. I was never able to cycle cap even with the update getting better. So I moved on from a diamond team. I now play a bronze team that's boasts a modest 65k team strength. I win every single game. I have 2 ATGS and a team full of dare i say capped legends. Lol. I have a diamond club that I play myself. I have found myself only playing CVC now and enough in events to get the 2.5 million threshold for the 200 free gold. And since I only play 15 minutes a day compared to 12 hours. I can honestly say it's so much less stress. It's actually fun i dont have to grind out 1k games every 2 days. So I'm just curious for the diamond guys or anyone really is this game actually fun for you anymore 

Comments

• Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited December 2019
    Agreed.  I'm Diamond and the whole reason I went Diamond was for the 7500 gold per playoff.  Last year I'd crank out anywhere between 500 and 1200 games per day.  But it's just become too much of a chore.  I have a lot of time at work to play as well but even when I have free time, it's just become a bit boring to me.  Yesterday was Bonus Game day and I played 8, count em, 8 bonus games. Got my top tier and then had enough.  I have my own Platinum club so I could do what you do and just start over and take the CvsC rewards at Bronze but most likely I'll just continue to only play casually.  
  • MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    edited December 2019
    What happens after you beat the last playoff series in diamond? Do you get to just keep grinding bonus games and play the playoffs again and again? With rewards at the end? 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    edited December 2019
    Marcuh said:
    What happens after you beat the last playoff series in diamond? Do you get to just keep grinding bonus games and play the playoffs again and again? With rewards at the end? I’m making an educated guess saying no lol
    you start over at Diamond 6 level 1 and play another 1000 games and get the same rewards.

That being said..I have 4,740 evo now and I don't have to worry about that crap, the gold goes fast with the mega boxes in the store I spent all but 625 of that gold yesterday but my guys are leveled nicely now.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• TIGHTBUCHOLZTIGHTBUCHOLZ Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    Marcuh said:
    What happens after you beat the last playoff series in diamond? Do you get to just keep grinding bonus games and play the playoffs again and again? With rewards at the end? I’m making an educated guess saying no lol
    Yes, once you complete the Diamond 6 playoffs, you go back to the start of diamond 6 (0/1000 wins) and you can continue cycling over and over again.
    #TightBucholz 

🏆 VIP 2019 🎖
    🇨🇦 VLAD Company Leader ⚾️
    👆🏼Geez that’s rough, intense as well. 
  • TIGHTBUCHOLZTIGHTBUCHOLZ Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    It is but if you can cycle warm up WOH enough times you can end up which at least 150 BG, 3 Mil Cash (equal to 600 BGs at 5,000 Cash a piece) that puts you around 750 wins. 

As well, every BG you play, it seems around 25% of the time the game rewards are another BG and then another 25% of the time, every 2 games where you recieve 3000 Cash/game gives you enough for another BG.

All said and done, if you can play 700 ish games you should be able to complete a D6 cycle by using BG rewards donate your gloves (40k Gloves per cycle at 40 gloves/game) for more cash which equals more games.

lowest resources I have had and done a cycle is 300 BG and 1.5 mil Cash, got the rest of the games from rewards and club mystery boxes
    #TightBucholz 

🏆 VIP 2019 🎖
    🇨🇦 VLAD Company Leader ⚾️
    edited December 2019
    @Marcuh and that my friend is called the D6 Grind...and yet we're all still addicted.

Also the weekend royale tourney boxes are a good way to collect Ice Wraps which help with season mode which is also a (science) lately but can be beat for great xp and evo now.

@matt_sackett seems like it would be fun for a week or two, then get a bit monotonous. I may move up to diamond in a few weeks. Just to say I made it there. Considering 2020 will be out before we know it.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    edited December 2019
    matt_sackett said:
    stuff... "but my guys are leveled nicely now."
    are you sure? that 79-2 whoopin @Mattattack laid down on ya doesn't seem to lay out the same narrative ;)

3 Months Minimum til 2020 comes out...so grind away.

edited December 2019
    @matt_sackett are you platinum or diamond? 
    Diamond since July.

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    tribeguy2147 said:
    I must first start out by saying this game was alot of fun when this version rolled out. I started middle of 2018 and I was hooked immediately. Learned some stuff last year and tried to incorporate that this year. Anyway going thru bronze silver gold and platinum were easy. I do run a slightly older android phone so the lag of 2019 struck me hard. Once I went diamond I realized this  game went from FUN. to a chore that made me play this thing at least 12 hours a day. I have alot of down time at work so it didnt really bother me too much but it slowly started to just not be fun anymore. I was never able to cycle cap even with the update getting better. So I moved on from a diamond team. I now play a bronze team that's boasts a modest 65k team strength. I win every single game. I have 2 ATGS and a team full of dare i say capped legends. Lol. I have a diamond club that I play myself. I have found myself only playing CVC now and enough in events to get the 2.5 million threshold for the 200 free gold. And since I only play 15 minutes a day compared to 12 hours. I can honestly say it's so much less stress. It's actually fun i dont have to grind out 1k games every 2 days. So I'm just curious for the diamond guys or anyone really is this game actually fun for you anymore 
    diamond can be a grind for sure.   But also its nice to have gold if there comes a player you want to chase.   Its a different game for sure.   It's important to see goals for yourself or yeah it wont be fun.   I pulled Ted last week and its not secret that its a chore to level up an ATG in diamond.   I was planning to hopefully finish him this weekend but then I pulled Lou out of the free gift box yesterday.   So 2 ATGs will keep me busy for a little bit.

I've been Diamond for over 6 months now and there have been more then a few instances when I've gotten burned out and quit/taken a break a couple times.    Basically its up to you to find reasons to keep playing because Glu doesnt neccessarily provide those for you.
    From my experience and what I’ve seen browsing the top teams, it looks like most of there players are diamond. Some Gold here and there but the strongest teams are mostly all diamond. My goal for next year, maybe this year, is to be a competitive diamond player. I think I’ve only seen a handful of platinum guys on the top teams. 
    criffy said:
    matt_sackett said:
    stuff... "but my guys are leveled nicely now."
    are you sure? that 79-2 whoopin @Mattattack laid down on ya doesn't seem to lay out the same narrative ;)

I am officially overmatched in that game.

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I went diamond late last year and was rather reluctant about it. A week into things and my biggest regret was that I didn't go sooner. In '19, I went diamond fairly quick(about a month) and I haven't looked back. My only regret about diamond is the 'need' for FP. I'm hoping to limit that moving forward, but we'll see. 
    I'm a huge grinder so the diamond life is ideal for me as it heavily rewards activity. On top of that, it allows me to play in ways that wouldn't be reasonable(without spending a lot) in lower tiers. For example, I can heavily contribute to every club event, racked up an insane amount of donations to level up clubs, and the sight of a fully capped player? BOOM! I mean, '19 isn't so much about getting players as it is leveling them and for me, that's a huge part of the fun factor. 
    Speaking of the fun factor, oh boy, opening boxes is FUN! I mean, it can be very tilting too, but the fact that diamond has 'easy' access to gold means you can 'splurge' on boxes more often. I've had my fair share of rough patches with boxes, but the frustration is always trumped by the joy of pulling the chase player. In diamond, with enough gold, all players are possible. Haha! #diamondlife

PS: Oh yeah, WoH is wayyyyyy easier at diamond too!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    I went diamond late last year and was rather reluctant about it. A week into things and my biggest regret was that I didn't go sooner. In '19, I went diamond fairly quick(about a month) and I haven't looked back. My only regret about diamond is the 'need' for FP. I'm hoping to limit that moving forward, but we'll see. 
    I'm a huge grinder so the diamond life is ideal for me as it heavily rewards activity. On top of that, it allows me to play in ways that wouldn't be reasonable(without spending a lot) in lower tiers. For example, I can heavily contribute to every club event, racked up an insane amount of donations to level up clubs, and the sight of a fully capped player? BOOM! I mean, '19 isn't so much about getting players as it is leveling them and for me, that's a huge part of the fun factor. 
    Speaking of the fun factor, oh boy, opening boxes is FUN! I mean, it can be very tilting too, but the fact that diamond has 'easy' access to gold means you can 'splurge' on boxes more often. I've had my fair share of rough patches with boxes, but the frustration is always trumped by the joy of pulling the chase player. In diamond, with enough gold, all players are possible. Haha! #diamondlife

PS: Oh yeah, WoH is wayyyyyy easier at diamond too!
    TLDR version: debbie went supersonic yesterday splurging his gold pile. put up the most ridiculous number i've ever seen in this game. glad i got to ride some coat tails :D:D
  • sarge268sarge268 Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    @tribeguy2147 I’m right there with you. I stayed platinum last year but wanted the challenge of diamond this year. The first few weeks at diamond I couldn’t believe how nice it was for the gold and evo. After a couple months it feels like a chore. I finish diamond about every other day. Sometimes i wish i would have just stayed gold. I don’t spend money on the game so It takes a couple weeks to get my legend players leveled up. I can beat WOH HOF but usually only 3-4 times, so I’m not cycle capping. I’ve started just collecting players I’ve always enjoyed watching play and those that were my favorites (love all the Edgar Martinez players this year). Still doing the daily grind. 
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    The gold is nice, but for me it doesn't do a whole lot of good buying boxes if I cannot cap them to D10.  I've had about 200k in gold at one point (I'm a hoarder), then LXP boxes were released and I started cycling HoF.  
    If you get four D6 cycles in a week, that is 30k gold.  Most of us put that into PXP/LXP boxes and you'd net about ~200k in PXP/LXP, give or take 50k maybe. 
    That is just 20% of capping a Prime or Legend to D10.  So if you constantly played for a month, you'd finally be able to level one of these guys. FP is essential if you'd like to constantly cap players in Diamond, and I simply can't do that.  
    I'm not sure if I would venture past Gold next year, unless things change with resources. 

@Marcuh this thread is perfect reading fodder for you buddy... reasons on why many haven't moved to diamond and why it's better of for most to stay at gold
  • tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    @Mattattack @DFBB @eman0023 @sarge268. Thanks all for the feedback. And I get everyone has their own reasons for playing the game. There is no wrong answer here. I think they have done some good things with the game. But alot of bad things. Cycling d6 for the gold is definitely a benefit to those who dont want to spend. That was my whole purpose. But capping regular guys wasnt a problem it was capping the legends and prime guys. The resources needed is astounding. Wish ya all luck in the game. And hope everyone keeps finding their reason to keep playing!
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    I went Diamond 3 weeks ago and absolutely no regret so far. Favorite aspect of this game for me is BY FAR building my team, mainly with HoF WoH. Things got really stale rather quickly at gold when I started pulling 520 legends left and right from mystery boxes. 500 overall HoF rewards were not good enough to make my team anymore. Figured I'd make the move to Diamond as I was getting increasingly bored with the game anyway, so even if I had not enjoyed the grind of Diamond I knew I would not miss Gold tier either.

Glu almost killed the game for me though by increasing WoH pitchers from D1 to D5 the very first week I was Diamond as my team wasn't ready for that bump, but I was still able to level the rewards. That week was not fun though and the fact we had 3 WoH events didn't help. Then the pitchers were thankfully lowered to D3 and now HoF WoH is so much fun again!
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    criffy said:
    @Marcuh this thread is perfect reading fodder for you buddy... reasons on why many haven't moved to diamond and why it's better of for most to stay at gold
    I think this is a great point.  Diamond just simply isnt very everyone.   Thats not meant to be a good or bad thing either.   Everyone has different schedules and different amount of time/money they can committ to the game as well as different aspects that they enjoy.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    eman0023 said:
    The gold is nice, but for me it doesn't do a whole lot of good buying boxes if I cannot cap them to D10.  I've had about 200k in gold at one point (I'm a hoarder), then LXP boxes were released and I started cycling HoF.  
    If you get four D6 cycles in a week, that is 30k gold.  Most of us put that into PXP/LXP boxes and you'd net about ~200k in PXP/LXP, give or take 50k maybe. 
    That is just 20% of capping a Prime or Legend to D10.  So if you constantly played for a month, you'd finally be able to level one of these guys. FP is essential if you'd like to constantly cap players in Diamond, and I simply can't do that.  
    I'm not sure if I would venture past Gold next year, unless things change with resources. 

I agree with a lot of this, except the playing for a month to cap one legend part. Ideally, you buy enough lxp boxes until you have enough to cycle cap on Mondays. Whether that's 6 cycles or 26 cycles, its much cheaper and nets you a new capped legend every week. Ideally, you shoot for 10+ cycles, and eventually you have enough lxp for box players and enough legends to start saying "meh, I'll cycle 10 times for the lxp." 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    criffy said:
    It’s making me want to go diamond even sooner. From what DFFB said, you don’t have to spend as much. And can basically get free gold and open more boxes. Sounds a lot more fun 👍
    eman0023 said:

I agree with a lot of this, except the playing for a month to cap one legend part. Ideally, you buy enough lxp boxes until you have enough to cycle cap on Mondays. Whether that's 6 cycles or 26 cycles, its much cheaper and nets you a new capped legend every week. Ideally, you shoot for 10+ cycles, and eventually you have enough lxp for box players and enough legends to start saying "meh, I'll cycle 10 times for the lxp." 
    Yes I agree.  That's what I started doing with the release of Mega LXP.  I've got 5 capped HoF legends rewards. I would do 10+ cycles on those days.  I have no other legends past b1.  That's my point though.  If you're in Diamond, you MUST cycle cap WoH primes or legends or else there's little point. 
    Whereas in Gold, you beat HoF a few times and are able to cap him from resources stored or gained from the WoH event. And you can still cap those new legends every week or two. 
    edited December 2019
    eman0023 said:
    Yes I agree.  That's what I started doing with the release of Mega LXP.  I've got 5 capped HoF legends rewards. I would do 10+ cycles on those days.  I have no other legends past b1.  That's my point though.  If you're in Diamond, you MUST cycle cap WoH primes or legends or else there's little point. 
    Whereas in Gold, you beat HoF a few times and are able to cap him from resources stored or gained from the WoH event. And you can still cap those new legends every week or two. 
    Every week or two? I cap almost 2 a week when I have b1 legends inactive (if i'm not working on 16/16 skills)...
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    eman0023 said:
    If you're in Diamond, you MUST cycle cap WoH primes or legends or else there's little point. 

First point- it is tough, and takes loads of resources. I wouldn't say there's little point, though, as the lxp earned per cycle can go towards a box player.

Second- yes, I envy gold players for that 😂 if they start with enough lxp to get the woh reward to s10 and get 11 cycles in, not only is the reward g10 but they basically have enough lxp earned to cap another guy 😭. 

Buying mega lxp boxes during fan rewards helps as you also earn the fan rewards stuff, and fieldpass milestones. Such a blessing and a curse, that field pass 😵
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    criffy said:
    eman0023 said:
    Every week or two? I cap almost 2 a week when I have b1 legends inactive (if i'm not working on 16/16 skills)...
    Wow that's nice. How many HoF cycles do you do?
    @eman0023 anywhere from 10-14x per monday. the formula is: cap the hof prize, get 150-190k in lxp via cycling and another 7k for finishing 1st. also trade in old legends that i have no use for. so usually you come ahead with 3 capped legends on a monday (only 12/12 skills :( )